What would you like to see in a National Healthcare Plan?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Personally, I would like

1. Drop Medicare eligibility to 55 with a small copay until you reach 65
2. Expand Medicaid eligibility for low wage workers
3. Offer a voluntary Public Option plan
4. Allow people to keep their Employers plan if they want
5. Allow international competition for Pharmaceuticals with strict quality standards

Personally, I would like

5. Allow international competition for Pharmaceuticals with strict quality standards
I would like to see its ass on the way out the door,,,

if you want it you would do better to move to a country that already has it

OH and its unconstitutional

Personally, I would like

How is it a national plan if you have some people on medicare, some on medicaid, and most still on their employer plans?

Do something about the general practitioner gateway system.

If I fall off my bike and slash open my leg, all I need is a person with good hand-eye coordination and sterile equipment to stitch me up. The person stitching me up doesn't need a 6-8 year college education. They only need to understand basic microbiology so they don't give me an infection.

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the high cost of college tuition. Stop preserving 20th century models of social institutions and allow new ones to arise which take advantage of digital technology. You don't need to spend thousands to learn something that's free to learn on YouTube. You don't need the general practitioner gateway system when everyone has access to online resources and every medical professional has an online rating

Personally, I would like

I personally would like the option to opt-out, keep my tax money in my own account, and purchase my own health care.

Can you make sure to add that to a national health insurance system?

Personally, I would like

No, it is not Unconstitutional

So I would take your proposal to be .......I got mine, screw you

Personally, I would like

then you can show where in the constitution this power exists...

Personally, I would like

I personally would like the option to opt-out, keep my tax money in my own account, and purchase my own health care.

Can you make sure to add that to a national health insurance system?

If you have massive cash reserves, I can see it

I can see building a Health Savings account and once it reaches a certain level you only need catastrophic coverage

A week in the hospital can cost $100,000
Cancer and massive heart surgeries can go over a million dollars

Whatever money you have could be gone quickly

Personally, I would like

Article 1, Section 1

Do something about the general practitioner gateway system.

If I fall off my bike and slash open my leg, all I need is a person with good hand-eye coordination and sterile equipment to stitch me up. The person stitching me up doesn't need a 6-8 year college education. They only need to understand basic microbiology so they don't give me an infection.

The answer to this question is the same as the answer to the high cost of college tuition. Stop preserving 20th century models of social institutions and allow new ones to arise which take advantage of digital technology. You don't need to spend thousands to learn something that's free to learn on YouTube. You don't need the general practitioner gateway system when everyone has access to online resources and every medical professional has an online rating
Nurses can do much of that

Personally, I would like

Article 1, Section 1

if your referring to the welfare clause , thats doesnt apply when it hurts more people than it helps,,,

Personally, I would like

How is it a national plan if you have some people on medicare, some on medicaid, and most still on their employer plans?
It is a national plan of how people will be covered

Personally, I would like

the feds dont have that authority,,,

I have a personal right of life and this violates that right,,,

Personally, I would like

Then "buy your own damn insurance and pay your own damn bills" qualifies as a "national plan" too, so it doesn't really address the problem attempting to be addressed. Anyway, my biggest problem with your scheme is that medicaid isn't really a viable option. Too many providers won't take it for day to day healthcare needs.

Personally, I would like

Tell it to a judge

Personally, I would like

Then "buy your own damn insurance and pay your own damn bills" qualifies as a "national plan" too, so it doesn't really address the problem attempting to be addressed. Anyway, my biggest problem with your scheme is that medicaid isn't really a viable option. Too many providers won't take it for day to day healthcare needs.

That is a plan and seems to be what Republicans want

Personally, I would like

Tell it to a judge

youre the fascist prick trying to control it right now,,,so mind you own business and I will do the same

Personally, I would like

I don't necessarily believe that is what most republicans want. There seems to be a bit more division in the GOP on this in terms of finding a path forward. The one thing I agree with them with is the need to have a financially viable system both on the patient side and the provider side if we jump off this cliff. The reality is that most americans have some form of health insurance so we don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Personally, I would like

I don't necessarily believe that is what most republicans want. There seems to be a bit more division in the GOP on this in terms of finding a path forward. The one thing I agree with them with is the need to have a financially viable system both on the patient side and the provider side if we jump off this cliff. The reality is that most americans have some form of health insurance so we don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

There is a core of Republican fundamentalists who want nothing to do with a national healthcare plan. It amounts to a third rail to any Republican who seriously proposes a plan or offers to compromise with Dems on a solution

There is a core of Republican fundamentalists who want nothing to do with a national healthcare plan. It amounts to a third rail to any Republican who seriously proposes a plan or offers to compromise with Dems on a solution

Sure but even among them there is at least an openness to funding some clinics, health fairs, and such when the budget allows. Not all of them, but some of them. Really the fundamental problem with Obamacare was that the fed weren't covering 100% of the costs. If they had, there probably would have been less big picture resistance other than the abortion stuff IMHO. I mean I had my own gripes because I get no subsidy and my premiums went through the roof all for what I saw were for the most part horrible choices for people who cheapskated into bronze plans. I would rather have just paid more taxes than have my testicles in my throat just seeing the annual premium increase letter every year in the mail box.

Forum List

Back