What Would You Do?

I would be disappointed if posters I like here fell into the scenario you suggest Gracie. If it has, I hope they can recover.

Let's keep this thread going but in different paths, shall we?

New Question for all to muse on:

What if you were friends with someone on a message board and you were opposite sex and you are really good buddies, but then after awhile...you realize the friend is feeling more than friendship towards you?

What would you do?

Would it affect the friendship?

Would you back off because it is a one sided emotion?

Would you continue on even though you know he or she has feelings for you that you can or will never give back?

Would you be concerned with the friendship enough to end it?

Let's keep this thread going but in different paths, shall we?

New Question for all to muse on:

What if you were friends with someone on a message board and you were opposite sex and you are really good buddies, but then after awhile...you realize the friend is feeling more than friendship towards you?

What would you do?

Would it affect the friendship?

Would you back off because it is a one sided emotion?

Would you continue on even though you know he or she has feelings for you that you can or will never give back?

Would you be concerned with the friendship enough to end it?
I'd back off and if that did not work I'd end the friendship.

I would be disappointed if posters I like here fell into the scenario you suggest Gracie. If it has, I hope they can recover.
Well..lets think of WQ and Sherry! I, for one, am STOKED! Sherry is awesome...always thought so! WQ and I had some probs at first but he woke up (so to speak) and met Sherry in more than just a thread trading jokes. They talked, met, fell in love, and are going to be MARRIED! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! So happy for them both. But again..both were single, too.

Well..lets think of WQ and Sherry! I, for one, am STOKED! Sherry is awesome...always thought so! WQ and I had some probs at first but he woke up (so to speak) and met Sherry in more than just a thread trading jokes. They talked, met, fell in love, and are going to be MARRIED! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! So happy for them both. But again..both were single, too.
I don't know either of them but stranger things have happened. People do hook up on the internet.

Friendship is enough for me. It's rare and precious when it happens online.

I don't know either of them but stranger things have happened. People do hook up on the internet.
Yep. It happens.

The old old board I used to be at....one gal was buds with a guy. She was miserable in her marriage and her male buddy was her confidante' and when she told him she had had enough and needed a place to go along with her daughter, he said she could come stay with him. So she did. Then it turned into an affair, but then he found out why she was having probs with her husband (shit she did) and the affair started to sour. So the guy she was staying with told the board all that was going on, and she comes on and tells her own story, so it was a he vs she said he said until the board owner wanted to up the ante for the boards entertainment so he contacts the husband and all three are battling it out on the board. It was embarrassing to watch but ever so entertaining! I didn't feel bad for any of them...except the kid, caught in the middle.

Yep. It happens.

The old old board I used to be at....one gal was buds with a guy. She was miserable in her marriage and her male buddy was her confidante' and when she told him she had had enough and needed a place to go along with her daughter, he said she could come stay with him. So she did. Then it turned into an affair, but then he found out why she was having probs with her husband (shit she did) and the affair started to sour. So the guy she was staying with told the board all that was going on, and she comes on and tells her own story, so it was a he vs she said he said until the board owner wanted to up the ante for the boards entertainment so he contacts the husband and all three are battling it out on the board. It was embarrassing to watch but ever so entertaining! I didn't feel bad for any of them...except the kid, caught in the middle.
That is a nightmare for all concerned.

A true friend would respect your marriage vows and not try and break you up.

Yep. It happens.

That is a nightmare for all concerned.
It was a humdinger, that's for sure. And the worst part? It's all still there, in storage. The owner tossed nor hid ANYTHING...lust plopped it in viewable archives. Anyone can read it even now and this all happened over 12 years ago. Once on the net...always on the net.

Forum List

Back