What Would You Do?

If you were getting to be close friends with someone of the opposite sex (or same sex if the attraction could go that way) and they got a little TOO interested and told you as much....

Would you back off?

Or would you leave it up to them to back off?

Would you make it clear in no uncertain terms you did not find them attractive?

How would you handle it?
Without the car this time?

Which is why internet friendships are different, because we only know the parts of you, you are telling us.
Sure, they are different. I'm really fortunate to have very good RL friends. I'm busy though and we don't always have time to see each other.

I would be disappointed if posters I like here fell into the scenario you suggest Gracie. If it has, I hope they can recover.
Well..lets think of WQ and Sherry! I, for one, am STOKED! Sherry is awesome...always thought so! WQ and I had some probs at first but he woke up (so to speak) and met Sherry in more than just a thread trading jokes. They talked, met, fell in love, and are going to be MARRIED! I get goosebumps just thinking about it! So happy for them both. But again..both were single, too.
I don't know either of them but stranger things have happened. People do hook up on the internet.
Yep. It happens.

The old old board I used to be at....one gal was buds with a guy. She was miserable in her marriage and her male buddy was her confidante' and when she told him she had had enough and needed a place to go along with her daughter, he said she could come stay with him. So she did. Then it turned into an affair, but then he found out why she was having probs with her husband (shit she did) and the affair started to sour. So the guy she was staying with told the board all that was going on, and she comes on and tells her own story, so it was a he vs she said he said until the board owner wanted to up the ante for the boards entertainment so he contacts the husband and all three are battling it out on the board. It was embarrassing to watch but ever so entertaining! I didn't feel bad for any of them...except the kid, caught in the middle.
That is a nightmare for all concerned.
It was a humdinger, that's for sure. And the worst part? It's all still there, in storage. The owner tossed nor hid ANYTHING...lust plopped it in viewable archives. Anyone can read it even now and this all happened over 12 years ago. Once on the net...always on the net.
Good grief!

If you were getting to be close friends with someone of the opposite sex (or same sex if the attraction could go that way) and they got a little TOO interested and told you as much....

Would you back off?

How would you handle it?
Gotta have a car in these matters. Why, many couples spent hundreds of hours in the back seat of an old Chevy.

Would you back off?

How would you handle it?
Gotta have a car in these matters. Why, many couples spent hundreds of hours in the back seat of an old Chevy.
Only because there was no internet..

Skype is nice for staying in touch with people. I also use it alot in my work. You get to see the person and talk.

Which is why internet friendships are different, because we only know the parts of you, you are telling us.
Sure, they are different. I'm really fortunate to have very good RL friends. I'm busy though and we don't always have time to see each other.

Then stop posting on message boards and schedule a get together. ;)
Easier said than done. I have four kids.

Who will grow up and you will still need real life friends. Strive for balance. I am dad to three, plus two step kids.

Who will grow up and you will still need real life friends. Strive for balance.
No offense but my life is very balanced considering. Do you usually offer unsolicited advice? It comes across as bossy.

Who will grow up and you will still need real life friends. Strive for balance.
No offense but my life is very balanced considering. Do you usually offer unsolicited advice? It comes across as bossy.
And I thought you said you were not who you used to be, so your posts are coming off as pretty fucking snarky lately.

Pay attention. This is a thread asking questions in certain scenarios. In short, solicited answers. If you don't like how it is going and want to snark, take it somewhere else.

I have a friend with eight kids and it is a frequent topic. Glad you have balance. I am going to ignore the last part, because you stated you meant no offense.

Forum List

Back