What would the best plan for the illegal immigrants in the US?

If you could make your ideal plan for what you think should be done or what laws should be changed what would it look like?

In regards to the current debate in what should be done about people that are living here illegally.
The best plan is exactly the plan President Trump described during the campaign.

1. Build the wall and beef up border security to end illegals from coming in from Mexico.

2. Deport illegals who commit crimes or otherwise come in contact with law enforcement.

3. Use E-verify to prevent illegals who are already here from working or obtaining education or social services.

This plan will prevent new illegals from coming here and it will make life so difficult for those already here, most will want to leave.
4. Criminalize sanctuary status. Any government official at the State, City, county level that refuses to turn found illegals over to I.C.E. will have their retirements stripped from them, loss of their job, and be barred from working for government ever again.
Rather than go after individuals, I would withhold federal funds from any government entity that does not cooperate with ICE or refuses to use E-verify to prevent illegals from getting work or social welfare benefits. Similarly, I would ban companies that do not use E-verify to deny employment to illegals and withhold federal funds from any government entity that does not ban these companies from doing business with them.

If you could make your ideal plan for what you think should be done or what laws should be changed what would it look like?

In regards to the current debate in what should be done about people that are living here illegally.
The best plan is exactly the plan President Trump described during the campaign.

1. Build the wall and beef up border security to end illegals from coming in from Mexico.

2. Deport illegals who commit crimes or otherwise come in contact with law enforcement.

3. Use E-verify to prevent illegals who are already here from working or obtaining education or social services.

This plan will prevent new illegals from coming here and it will make life so difficult for those already here, most will want to leave.
4. Criminalize sanctuary status. Any government official at the State, City, county level that refuses to turn found illegals over to I.C.E. will have their retirements stripped from them, loss of their job, and be barred from working for government ever again.
Rather than go after individuals, I would withhold federal funds from any government entity that does not cooperate with ICE or refuses to use E-verify to prevent illegals from getting work or social welfare benefits. Similarly, I would ban companies that do not use E-verify to deny employment to illegals and withhold federal funds from any government entity that does not ban these companies from doing business with them.
I would also revoke their drivers' licenses and curtail issuance of any others.

The wall will do nothing but cost billions.
How much do you think the government should spend for border control costs?
  • The federal government should spend as much as necessary to secure the border;
  • supply resources for investigating cases of smuggling and trafficking;
  • should cooperate with employers and organized labor for the issuance of work visas, including seasonal work so that non-citizens and those without residence status can be incorporated into the legal system for the mutual benefit of all;
  • encourage the use of biometrics as an effective tool in the fight against illegal immigration and trafficking;
  • apply fundamental human rights to non-US nationals residing illegally in the US;
  • ensure the effective implementation of international instruments in the field of migrant smuggling and human trafficking in the US.

If there is no personal risk to the politicians, they will just shrug their shoulders, continue to behave improperly, and count on surrogates to bring lawsuits to tie up the issue until they have retired from office; making it someone else's problem.

Someone is making a conscious choice to violate the law. That someone should be held accountable in some measure. Take what they value most, their power.

Treason Is Not a Property Right

Confiscate the property of any business that hires them. Parasites who can only make money (not earn money) by hiring low-wage anti-union peons should be immediately stripped of all legal recourses enabling them to block the will of patriots. Also override SCROTUS's anchor-baby absurdity and retroactively revoke the citizenship of anybody who already holds that unearned privilege.

If there is no personal risk to the politicians, they will just shrug their shoulders, continue to behave improperly, and count on surrogates to bring lawsuits to tie up the issue until they have retired from office; making it someone else's problem.

Someone is making a conscious choice to violate the law. That someone should be held accountable in some measure. Take what they value most, their power.
The loss of federal funds will mean either higher local taxes or the decrease in services, which I imagine will lead voters to take action against politicians who made such costly gestures. If you go after the politicians you risk making they martyrs of sorts and rallying support for them despite the cost.

Forum List

Back