What would help the black community?

God does not help those who whine and complain and do not help themselves; also He says you dont work you don't eat. Blacks as a whole (high percentage) are the laziest most entitled race of "people" on planet earth.

You make 2 generations seem like a long time. it really isn't and even today there is deliberate discrimination.
How long was it in the minds of the children raised in those generations and how did that affect later generations.

Hillary Clinton paraphrases Julius Caesar for Christ's sake.

Blacks were republicans for 100 years. And what we got in return was Jim Crow.
IMO Blacks need to unite as their own political party. 13% of the population united can be a powerful lever in Congress.

The only deliberate discrimination is against whites, and recently toward Asians. Having worked in admissions, I had a front row seat.

Jews have also faced real estate discrimination. I recall a real estate developer proudly told my father that thus far only five families are Jewish, and he hopes there won’t be any more. We were also refused admittance to a nearby country club.

If everything about me were otherwise the same - same degree of intelligence, motivation, talent, discipline, health, etc., - sure. I’m used to being a minority that is looked down upon. Might as well be part of a minority that will give me the edge in admittance to the Ivy League, get hired over more qualified whites, and get promoted over them as well. With my brains and favoritism toward blacks, I would have been a VP at a company - or even of the country.
jews still have it far better off than Blacks

Yes, and much of that is because we are not having babies out of wedlock and place a great emphasis on education.

The measure of how bad discrimination against various minorities is NOT just looking at outcomes. You need to look at what the various groups do to impact their own outcomes.

And why in the world did you lower-case ”Jew” at the start of the sentence (you had to go back and intentionally change it) and then capitalize “black” in the middle of a sentence?

IMO Blacks need to unite as their own political party. 13% of the population united can be a powerful lever in Congress.
What? So we should have a party of a specific group that only cares about itself - and if elected will focus all efforts on than own group rather than on what benefits all Americans?

Hubert Harrison was talking about that in the 1920s. Negroes at the time preferred Marcus Garvey. Showboat Bullshit.

How long was it in the minds of the children raised in those generations and how did that affect later generations.

Hillary Clinton paraphrases Julius Caesar for Christ's sake.
You need to
Yes, and much of that is because we are not having babies out of wedlock and place a great emphasis on education.

The measure of how bad discrimination against various minorities is NOT just looking at outcomes. You need to look at what the various groups do to impact their own outcomes.
And Jews haven't been segregated into shit neighborhoods with underfunded schools and have not been targets of the cops or subject to laws written specifically to keep them in their places either.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
What could society do for the black community in order for them to be happy, successful and grateful to be part of this society?

The way I see it we could clear their police records when it comes to drugs and traffic offenses. I think the main thing holding down young blacks is probably the inability to gain employment after getting charged for some drugs or being dumb behind the wheel. This would go along ways towards helping advance blacks.

Abolish the DemoKKKrat party. They've been abusing black people since 1820.

That was tried in 1996. It was called the Ujamma Party. They held a convention at the TWA Dome in St. Louis. A political party is not the answer. Our 13 percent in one party can and has made change happen. White right wing Republicans want to see a divide in order to dilute whatever influence we have politically.

You need to
What does that mean?
And Jews haven't been segregated into shit neighborhoods with underfunded schools and have not been targets of the cops or subject to laws written specifically to keep them in their places either.
Now we have computers and Project Gutenberg.

A few years ago I asked about half a dozen teachers about Project Gutenberg, only one said she had heard of it. But she said that she was not telling students about it.

I offered to pay some nieces and nephews to read a few books l selected. They refused. Yeah, social pressure from other kids in the hood is a problem.

Abolish the DemoKKKrat party. They've been abusing black people since 1820.
The RepubliKKKLAN party has been lying to blacks since the 1850's. I laugh at dumb ----- like you who keep talking about the 1800 democratic party but then claim you can't be held responsible for slavery. Again, republicans authored an amendment that would have made slavery constitutional and got it passed in 1871. Lincoln supported the amendment. So abolish yourself idiot, becsuse you apparently know nothing about history.

What does that mean?

Now we have computers and Project Gutenberg.

A few years ago I asked about half a dozen teachers about Project Gutenberg, only one said she had heard of it. But she said that she was not telling students about it.

I offered to pay some nieces and nephews to read a few books l selected. They refused. Yeah, social pressure from other kids in the hood is a problem.
Such social pressure is not limited to the hood. White nerds in the suburbs get bullied every day.

Hubert Harrison was talking about that in the 1920s. Negroes at the time preferred Marcus Garvey. Showboat Bullshit.
Garvey was not about showboating. Again, a black political party was formed in 1996.

Third parties have failed. A black 3d party failed. Blacks were successful in the early republican party until the lilly white movement. Today the leader of the Democratic party is a black man and his wife. Blacks occupy leadership positions and influence in the party. So blacks don't need to do anything politically.

This is now a matter of economic equality and the last thing we need to do is listen to right wing whites telling us what blacks need to do. We know the root cause of the problem, they deny it and talk about the symptoms as if they are the root cause.

What could society do for the black community in order for them to be happy, successful and grateful to be part of this society?

The way I see it we could clear their police records when it comes to drugs and traffic offenses. I think the main thing holding down young blacks is probably the inability to gain employment after getting charged for some drugs or being dumb behind the wheel. This would go along ways towards helping advance blacks.
Please tell us why their records should be cleared but nobody else? Isn’t that RACIST? What’s to prevent them from doing it again then? You know what would help? Putting down the Guns 💪

White Jews are doing just fine. They are doing so well that they practice racism against black Jews.
The above SPEWS of RACISM! “ White Jews “ ? Out of the Farrakhan playbook. Too bad he doesn’t talk about the Racism and Antisemitism in the Black Community 🇮🇱✡️

They could quit blaming white folks for their plight.

Such social pressure is not limited to the hood. White nerds in the suburbs get bullied every day.
What percentage of nerds on the burbs can't read? Don't hand me this bullshit like the situations are equivalent.

Forum List

Back