What would help the black community?

I may be wrong, of course, but I feel that nothing can be done to change the trajectory of African Americans.

First, there are many nice African Americans, much nicer than a lot of Asians or Caucasians or Hispanics.

Second, there are a substantial number of African Americans (both male and female) who are violent or simply obnoxious in public accommodations.

Until the 1960s, they were treated like invisible people. They were forbidden to enter public accommodations. So today some of them are still very touchy if they think that they are being discriminated against.

Many of the young ones kill other young ones without even thinking twice. And they assault or kill other ethnicities, too, without any pity.

I hope that I am wrong, but as the Caucasian population continues to shrink, the condition of African Americans may actually become worse, not better. I feel that the growing Hispanic population simply will not be as tolerant and forgiving as Caucasians have been.

I may be wrong, of course, but I feel that nothing can be done to change the trajectory of African Americans.

First, there are many nice African Americans, much nicer than a lot of Asians or Caucasians or Hispanics.

Second, there are a substantial number of African Americans (both male and female) who are violent or simply obnoxious in public accommodations.

Until the 1960s, they were treated like invisible people. They were forbidden to enter public accommodations. So today some of them are still very touchy if they think that they are being discriminated against.

Many of the young ones kill other young ones without even thinking twice. And they assault or kill other ethnicities, too, without any pity.

I hope that I am wrong, but as the Caucasian population continues to shrink, the condition of African Americans may actually become worse, not better. I feel that the growing Hispanic population simply will not be as tolerant and forgiving as Caucasians have been.
Please STFU. You've repeated this paternalistic crap over and over. Meanwhile 85 percent of whites who are murdered are murdered by another white person. Ont top of that on an annual basis, the UCR shows whites leadng in at least 27 out of the 30 listed categories of crime by the FBI.

What have caucasians been tolerant and forgiving of? Hispanics have caught the same hell from whites that we have. Whites are the ones that will face problems. Your delusions do not reflect the reality of how tthings have been

One correction: you can’t say blacks were forbidden to enter public accommodations. While that was true in some areas of the country, it wasn’t true everywhere. Both my parents went to school - including college - in the 1930s and 1940s - with many black kids in their classes.

Yup. One of the first things I learned when studying psychology is that you cannot change other people. You can only change yourself and your response to them, which MAY change them as well.

Blacks would be better served by reducing the negatives that are accurately associated with them - a high crime rate and a SHAMEFUL out-of-wedlock rate - and with time, many white people who think less of blacks are likely to change their attitudes.

Many won’t, though, and that’s life.
Many of those things are a result of a system that was designed to keep Blacks in their place

Many of those things are a result of a system that was designed to keep Blacks in their place
Answer 1: But for two generations we’ve had a system that gives ADVANTAGES to blacks over whites. If Jews could recover from the horrors of the Holocaust in a single generation - where their kids are college-educated professionals - it is patronizing and enabling to keep “excusing” the current high OOW birth rate of blacks on what happened 150 years ago. The blacks weren’t doing that in the 1960s…..most babies were born within marriage.

Answer 2: If “in their place,“ you mean dependent on the handouts and massive welfare to women who have babies out of wedlock, yes - that was LBJ’s plan.

One correction: you can’t say blacks were forbidden to enter public accommodations. While that was true in some areas of the country, it wasn’t true everywhere. Both my parents went to school - including college - in the 1930s and 1940s - with many black kids in their classes.
Thank you.

I was referring to restaurants, hotels, etc.

I think some restaurants may have allowed them to go to the back door and order food.

I am very old (85). I used to read a magazine called "Ebony." Every year, it would publish a list of hotels in each state that accepted African American guests. In some states, maybe one or two places were listed.

It was all so sad.

No matter how much we deplore the horrific violence committed by a large percentage of them today, they really were treated like second-class citizens before the 1960s.

For example, I remember how one African American celebrity (I forget his name) really liked seafood. There was a famous seafood restaurant in Boston that served only Caucasians. Nevertheless, one day he got up the courage to walk into the place and seat himself at a table. I do not remember whether he was served.

Even in the Congress dining room, elected African American Representatives had to demand the right to eat there.

When young African Americans today act rowdy in public places (such as Disneyland, etc.), they have no idea of what earlier generations of their people faced.

Thank you,

I think some restaurants may have allowed them to go to the back door and order food.

I am very old (85). I used to read a magazine called "Ebony." Every year, it would publish a list of hotels in each state that accepted African American guests. In some states, maybe one or two places were listed.

It was all so sad.

No matter how much we deplore the horrific violence committed by a large percentage of them today, they really were treated like second-class citizens.

For example, I remember how one African American celebrity (I forget his name) really liked seafood. There was a famous seafood restaurant in Boston that served only Caucasians. Nevertheless, one day he got up the courage to walk into the place and seat himself at a table. I do not remember whether he was served.

Even in the Congress dining room, elected African American Representatives had to demand the right to eat there.

When young African Americans today act rowdy in public places (such as Disneyland, etc.), they have no idea of what earlier generations of their people faced.
I agree that it was all so sad. But that doesn’t change what I said - that it wasn’t everywhere. Neither my parents or I ever experienced a segregated setting, and as I said - my parents were kids in the 1930s and 40s!

I also agree with your message about how young blacks who are obnoxious in stores - IME, they’re always the real loud, rowdy ones on the Metro train too - don’t appreciate the fact that their grandparents weren’t even ALLOWED in the store. Or were forced to ride in the back of public transportation.

Even more, I don’t get the reverse racism, where blacks and/or leftists have set up “No Whites on Campus Day” or clubs or events that disallow whites, or even “black-only” graduation ceremonies. It’s like they WANT racism, but against whites.

Answer 1: But for two generations we’ve had a system that gives ADVANTAGES to blacks over whites. If Jews could recover from the horrors of the Holocaust in a single generation - where their kids are college-educated professionals - it is patronizing and enabling to keep “excusing” the current high OOW birth rate of blacks on what happened 150 years ago. The blacks weren’t doing that in the 1960s…..most babies were born within marriage.
You make 2 generations seem like a long time. it really isn't and even today there is deliberate discrimination.

Just take a look at the real estate market and how Black people get lower estimates for homes they want to sell or how Blacks are steered away from certain areas by real estate agents.

And tell me if you actually believe Blacks have more advantages than Whites today would you want to be Black so as to receive those advantages?

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
I agree that it was all so sad. But that doesn’t change what I said - that it wasn’t everywhere. Neither my parents or I ever experienced a segregated setting, and as I said - my parents were kids in the 1930s and 40s!

I also agree with your message about how young blacks who are obnoxious in stores - IME, they’re always the real loud, rowdy ones on the Metro train too - don’t appreciate the fact that their grandparents weren’t even ALLOWED in the store. Or were forced to ride in the back of public transportation.

Even more, I don’t get the reverse racism, where blacks and/or leftists have set up “No Whites on Campus Day” or clubs or events that disallow whites, or even “black-only” graduation ceremonies. It’s like they WANT racism, but against whites.
You don't get why Blacks do not trust or dislike Whites? Really?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Thank you.

It was all so sad.

No matter how much we deplore the horrific violence committed by a large percentage of them today, they really were treated like second-class citizens before the 1960s.

Your age is the problem. You were born in 1937. You carry with you the Jim Crow attitude. Blacks aren't the only ones who act up in public places. Yet people with anti black attitudes ignore whites acting up and overblow instances where blacks do.

You are white and you have treated blacks as second class citizens all your life. Words on paper have not stopped that attitude people like you and Lisa have and that attitude allowed flash to do this:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.” Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time."
and get away with it fo 20 years. He ruined the lives of blacks yet we are in here reading bs from other whites who did the same thing about what can we do to help blacks. It's enough to make a person blow up. The arrogance of you r------ to do what you have done then act like the problems of blacks are due only to our bad choices.

If threads like this are allowed in zone 1, blacks here should have the freedom of speech to respond to this bs as it should be responded to. Bbut this forum protects racists and penalizes those calling it out.

The question raised by the OP is this:

What would help the black community?​

As a member of the black community, not some ancient white man who has benefitted his entire life from white male preferential treatment, or a white female who has benefitted as a child from government programs blacks were denied and as an adult by affirmative action, or somebody white who reads books and/or opinions from black right wingers afflicted with internalized racism who say what you want to hear, I have the answer.

END WHITE RACISM!

Sooner or later you are going to have to realize that there will never be anything that puts an end to racism.

If you want the system to change you have to change it from within.

I never understood why Blacks put their faith in the deomcrat party. IMO they should think about starting their own political party. Start with city officials and work all the way up to Washington. With just a small number of well placed councilmen reps and senators at the city state and federal levels this party would be able to wield considerable power
Blacks were republicans for 100 years. And what we got in return was Jim Crow.

assume some responsibility vs blaming whitey

~S~
Since our problem has been caused by "whitey" we take responsibility when we demand that "whitey" stops doing what "whitey" continues doing.

You make 2 generations seem like a long time. it really isn't and even today there is deliberate discrimination.

The only deliberate discrimination is against whites, and recently toward Asians. Having worked in admissions, I had a front row seat.
Just take a look at the real estate market and how Black people get lower estimates for homes they want to sell or how Blacks are steered away from certain areas by real estate agents.
Jews have also faced real estate discrimination. I recall a real estate developer proudly told my father that thus far only five families are Jewish, and he hopes there won’t be any more. We were also refused admittance to a nearby country club.
And tell me if you actually believe Blacks have more advantages than Whites today would you want to be Black so as to receive those advantages?
If everything about me were otherwise the same - same degree of intelligence, motivation, talent, discipline, health, etc., - sure. I’m used to being a minority that is looked down upon. Might as well be part of a minority that will give me the edge in admittance to the Ivy League, get hired over more qualified whites, and get promoted over them as well. With my brains and favoritism toward blacks, I would have been a VP at a company - or even of the country.

Please STFU. You've repeated this paternalistic crap over and over. Meanwhile 85 percent of whites who are murdered are murdered by another white person. Ont top of that on an annual basis, the UCR shows whites leadng in at least 27 out of the 30 listed categories of crime by the FBI.

What have caucasians been tolerant and forgiving of? Hispanics have caught the same hell from whites that we have. Whites are the ones that will face problems. Your delusions do not reflect the reality of how tthings have been
YOU LYING POS- PROVE YOURE BLACK. YOU CANT BECAUSE YOU CANT/AREN'T- A LYING LIB. YOURE LOWER THEN POND SCUM.

Forum List

Back