What will republicans do first?

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?

the first thing they will try to do is what McConnell said they would do... try to pass personhood laws.

if so, that would be a huge mistake...

1. Fetal 'Personhood' Laws Defeated in Colorado and North Dakota
    Newsweek‎ - 23 hours ago
    Tuesday's elections brought victory for pro-choice liberals in Colorado and North Dakota, but not Tennessee.
  2. Even In Deep Red States, Voters Reject Radical 'Personhood' Measures
    ThinkProgress‎ - 1 day ago
  3. Anti-Choice 'Personhood' Measures Fail in North Dakota and Colorado
    The American Prospect‎ - 1 day ago

and? it was the first bill they tried to pass when they got the house.... the wingers got stopped by the senate.

why wouldn't they do it now that they have the senate.

i was hoping the overly religious 'conservatives' would be held in check by the rest of the Republican party this time around.

IF the GOP tries to pull that, they will go down SO fast in 2016...

“I am utterly exasperated with Republicans and the so-called leadership of the Republicans who have abdicated on this issue,” Mike Huckabee said on the American Family Association’s talk show that aired Tuesday.

He particularly blamed those “in the establishment” as well as Republicans from the “Left Coast” and “the bubbles of New York and Washington.”

“If the Republicans want to lose guys like me and a whole bunch of still God-fearing, Bible-believing people, go ahead,” he said. “And while you're at it, go ahead and say abortion doesn't matter, either. Because at that point, you lose me. I'm gone. I'll become an independent.”

Some Republicans have called for their party to tone down the rhetoric... (on social issues)

The former presidential candidate challenged conventional wisdom and said the damage done by repelling the party’s Christian-conservative base would outweigh any gains the party could make by moving more toward the center.

Huckabee threatens to quit GOP TheHill

just because they aren't theocratic enough right now to suit Huckabee doesn't mean that now that there are no impediments they won't do what they always do.

they were quiet about their wingnuttery during the election. they won't be now. mitch said so in his victory speech. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

damn, what did he say?

said they will get rid of abortion.

Classic bait and switch. Just like the last time. Campaign on jobs, jobs, jobs. Win the election, then instead of focusing on jobs, work on wingnut crap like abortion.

They are going to try to get the bills out of Harry Reid's "legislative roach motel" (bills check in but they don't check out) and deal with them. The Keystone pipeline and the criminal investigations of "all the president's men" might be next on the agenda. Jobs and the economy that the democrats don't seem to give a shit about will be on the agenda. In other words the government will start working again after Reid's stalemate and Obama's negligence..

They are going to try to get the bills out of Harry Reid's "legislative roach motel" (bills check in but they don't check out) and deal with them. The Keystone pipeline and the criminal investigations of "all the president's men" might be next on the agenda. Jobs and the economy that the democrats don't seem to give a shit about will be on the agenda. In other words the government will start working again after Reid's stalemate and Obama's negligence..

I hope they just forget about criminal investigations, repealing obamacare, impeaching obama, or anything of the nature. Surely to God they understand that Americans are SICK of politics as usual.

Get to doing the business of the people

Personally, i hope they don't do much. I'm all for 'Do-Nothing' Congresses now. The Government is doing way too much at this point. We need less of it in our lives. That being said, i would like to see them address the Obamacare debacle. At the very least, end the Mandate. It's Un-American.
Really? It's a Republican idea after all...

It was always a bad Un-American idea. Doesn't matter to me which Party supported it. But i'm all for a 'Do-Nothing' Congress. There's far too much Government in Citizens' lives already. But the Mandate has to go. And so do other parts of the Obamacare debacle. It needs to be tweaked or even scrapped all-together. I hope they do address it.

yes... no one should have healthcare unless randian idiots say it's ok.

Yikes. You're unhinged. But I guess you're not over your Election Day nightmare. So i'll cut you some slack. I'm a compassionate person. But the Obamacare debacle should be addressed. It's an Un-American disastrous piece of Legislation. Addressing it is one of the very few things i would like to see the new Congress do. At the very least, end the Mandate.

But otherwise, i prefer a 'Do-Nothing Congress.' It's all about damage control now. The less they do, the better off the Country is.

Yikes. You're unhinged. But I guess you're not over your Election Day nightmare. So i'll cut you some slack. I'm a compassionate person. But the Obamacare debacle should be addressed. It's an Un-American disastrous piece of Legislation. Addressing it is one of the very few things i would like to see the new Congress do. At the very least, end the Mandate.

But otherwise, i prefer a 'Do-Nothing Congress.' It's all about damage control now. The less they do, the better off the Country is.
yeah, not having people go bankrupt just because they have to go to the hospital is un-American :cuckoo: or eliminating lifetime caps is un- American, or allowing youth to stay on their parents policies until the age of 26 is un- American :rolleyes-41:

yeah, not having people go bankrupt just because they have to go to the hospital is un-American :cuckoo: or eliminating lifetime caps is un- American, or allowing youth to stay on their parents policies until the age of 26 is un- American :rolleyes-41:

End the Mandate and scrap other portions of it as well. It's an Un-American disaster.

End the Mandate and scrap other portions of it as well. It's an Un-American disaster.
ummm..... the mandate is from :up: Heritage Foundation. Anything else?

I don't care who supports it. It's wrong and Un-American. It needs to be scrapped.

Personally, i hope they don't do much. I'm all for 'Do-Nothing' Congresses now. The Government is doing way too much at this point. We need less of it in our lives. That being said, i would like to see them address the Obamacare debacle. At the very least, end the Mandate. It's Un-American.
Really? It's a Republican idea after all...

It was always a bad Un-American idea. Doesn't matter to me which Party supported it. But i'm all for a 'Do-Nothing' Congress. There's far too much Government in Citizens' lives already. But the Mandate has to go. And so do other parts of the Obamacare debacle. It needs to be tweaked or even scrapped all-together. I hope they do address it.

yes... no one should have healthcare unless randian idiots say it's ok.

nice rant. there was nothing unhinged. I simply pointed out that randian idiots believe in social Darwinism.

you can stop drooling at the mouth now.

yes... another pretend libertarian who whines when he has to take responsibility ... and hates our government... unless of course the gubmint is telling women what to do with their bodies.

liar... one dumb ass at the HF is not the HF. That's like saying Clinton raped one woman, so all democrats are rapists.

liar... one dumb ass at the HF is not the HF. That's like saying Clinton raped one woman, so all democrats are rapists.
At that time, the Republicans embraced the mandate.

Nonsense.

Impeach Obama?
Repeal the ACA?
Outlaw Hispanics?
Defund the CDC?
they are deliberately making things worse and stealing tons of money, I guess to teach us a lesson? look at christy stealing the billion from the sandy relief money. I can't believe we are sitting down and shutting up on his orders our servant telling us what's good for us.

Nothing like a liberal taking a joke and making it into some sort of racial issue.

Tom is a white supremacist, and I see nothing humorous about suggesting the mass murder of Americans.

Why do you?
Why do I?
Because I am adult enough to know when someone is serious and when someone is aggressively making a point...but does not actually mean how one who is cynical decides to define it.
I bet you got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to pinpoint areas that required aggressive campaigning.
It is attitudes such as yours that has people so confused about how to say something, they find it best to say nothing at all.....and I bet you like that too as it pertains to those that think differently than you.
Grow up. That's my suggestion.

Well I guess that is the difference between yourself and myself- I find nothing mature about calling for the murder of Americans. I find nothing humorous about calling for the murder of Americans.

Once again- what Tommie said:
I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

You find the suggestion to murder Americans to be a joke.

I don't.

That is the difference between us.
No.

The difference between us is that I am mature enough to realize he was making an aggressive point and was not truly calling for the mass murder of Americans.
You are not.

Like I said. I have no doubt that you were one of those children that got all bent out of shape when Sarah Palin used "targets" to identify areas where aggressive campaigning was necessary.

Grow up son. Learn to recognize spin, metaphors, hyperbole and rhetoric. It may help you understand those that don't think like you do.

Look kid, you may laugh off calls for murdering Americans but I don't..

Once again- what Tommie said:
I think number one on the agenda should be rounding up all the race-baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles

You find the suggestion to murder Americans to be a joke.

I don't.

That is the difference between us.
Nope. I did not see it as a call to murder Americans. I saw it as an aggressive way to show his disdain for race baiters. I never said it was a joke, sparky. Likewise, I personally would never have used that analogy. But I am mature enough to recognize when someone is making an aggressive point and when one is serious.

I mean, lets be serious, Syriusly.....he did not say he wants to kill those Americans. He said he thinks the number one on the agenda should be the rounding up all race baiters and shooting every one of the reptiles.

Now, do you really think that he believes such an item would be on the agenda at all...much less the number one item?

I again say.....I have no doubt you had your panties in a tussle when Palin used "target" when identifying where aggressive campaigning was necessary. Am I correct? Were you one of those folks that truly believed that she wanted people to put those opposing candidates in their rifle scope crosshairs?

Grow up...then engage in a debate with adults.

Nonsense.
Bullshit!
The GOP and especially CON$ervatives embraced the individual mandate totally as the Constitutional alternate to Hillarycare's employer mandate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/15/h...andate-was-first-backed-by-conservatives.html

The concept that people should be required to buy health coverage was fleshed out more than two decades ago by a number of conservative economists, embraced by scholars at conservative research groups, including the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute, and championed, for a time, by Republicans in the Senate.

The individual mandate, as it is known, was seen then as a conservative alternative to some of the health care approaches favored by liberals — like creating a national health service or requiring employers to provide health coverage.

“In 1993, in fighting ‘Hillarycare,’ virtually every conservative saw the mandate as a less dangerous future than what Hillary was trying to do,” Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House, said at a debate in December, casting his past support of a mandate as an antidote to the health care overhaul proposed by Hillary Rodham Clinton during her husband’s administration.

Since then the politics of health care have grown more twisted and tangled than the two snakes entwined around the staff in a caduceus, which is sometimes used as a symbol of medicine. It is now Republicans and conservatives who oppose the individual mandate, arguing that it is unconstitutional, while Democrats, who were long resistant to it, are its biggest defenders.

Forum List

Back