What Will Make the new House Speaker Mike Johnson a Success?

1698290517586.png

OMG, where do these psychos come from?

Success:

Passing a budget that reduces spending by 45% over the next ten years -- aka -- a balanced budget..
Ending baseline budgeting.
Closing the Border -- permanently through legislation.
Ignoring everything from the left.

Failure.
Compromising with uncompromising Democrats -- on anything.

Pretty much the reverse of what is listed as successes.
This twit will be lucky to figure out what being Speaker actually entails within the next 6 months. He's never been within a mile of anything to do with leadership & he has no idea what he just got himself into. He's a MAGA CLOWN tryng to be a big boy.

I give this asshat until Xmas when he gets his ass handed back to him by the Romper Room caucus.

This twit will be lucky to figure out what being Speaker actually entails within the next 6 months. He's never been within a mile of anything to do with leadership & he has no idea what he just got himself into.

I give this asshat until Xmas when he gets his ass handed back to him by the Romper Room caucus.

I hope you're right.

I hope you're right.
Look what happened to Paul Ryan & John Boehner who were eaten alive trying to deal with the nutjobs in the Tea Party caucus.

This twit will be dealing with a bunch of screwballs who make the Tea Baggers look like Eagle Scouts. Not too mention having to deal with that other nut Trump hounding him.

Thoughts And Prayers.

I'll answer, and I'll come back and admit he was a failure if he does what I say will make him a failure, and say he was not a success if he does not do what I say will make him a success. No spin, no hedging, I'll just admit it.

But, I'll be back to brag if he lives up to it.

Basic Success: If he gets the single-subject bills passed.

Solid Success: If he gets the single-subject bills passed and resists the Senate's efforts to hold out for an omnibus spending bill.

Greatest Success for the House in this century: If he gets the single-subject bills passed and the House stands their ground until the Senate passes them also.

Basic Failure: If the House keeps sending the Senate continuing resolutions until the next Congress in 2025.

Afghanistan withdrawal level Failure: An omnibus spending bill with the same or more spending as the Pelosi boondoggle.
A bit surface level, but fair enough.

Conversely, what will make him a failure?

In other words, what's expected of him? And in what time frame?

Clearly, this question is to the self-proclaimed Conservatives and other assorted far rightwingers of USMB.
What’s expected of him? That depends on who you ask. However using history as our guide, the Speaker is expected to provide full and complete support for big corporations, billionaires, MIC, Israel, and the people be damned.

Clearly, this question is to the self-proclaimed Conservatives and other assorted far rightwingers of USMB.
What will make Johnson a success?

1. repeal of the McCarthy-era rule that allows a single voice to issue a Call to Vacate

2. fewer Democrats in the chamber

I've been saying this for decades.

It will never happen.
It's what the American people want, but Congress is truly NOT for the American People, it's ALL about taking bribes and re-election.

Fuck ALL politicians.
But..
its-happening.gif

Watch, before this day is out, dude. :banana:

Single item bills is coming to Congress.

This is a great thing, no matter what people might think about the new speaker or whatever.

That was one of the main goals behind the entire thing with ousting McCarthy,

And it is definitely coming..today! The Senate ain't gonna like it! :auiqs.jpg:

There's Dems in the House for this too, that's why they voted for this guy.

It's truly a victory for the people!

Last edited:

Are you asking Republicans or Democrats? I would think you would get very different answers. More than likely, he will lead the country into being shut down come mid November. Some would hail that as being great while many others wouldn't.

Success?

We're about to find out exactly how much a Speaker of the House can Fuck this country up.

Putin, Kim Jung Un & the Ayatollah must be laughing their asses off!

Forum List

Back