What will Keith Olbermann's next gig be?

An angry left wing news anchor with restless leg syndrome? Maybe he can front for Dan Rather on the stand-up comedy circut.

Barricaded Inside His Show
09jpcarr-articleLarge.jpg

Meanwhile, Mr. Olbermann refused to participate in any programming outside the parameters of his regularly scheduled “Countdown,” a show where he has all but taken himself hostage by broadcasting against a black backdrop. The motif scans as a running protest against the technical problems at the channel, with a candle lit to mark the start of the vigil...

Current executives have been reduced to communicating with their biggest talent through his manager and lawyer, with both sides working the media to get their story out...

Having worked for big, moneyed cable outfits in the past, Mr. Olbermann was clearly disappointed in the deep technical problems at Current TV, a cable news start-up that had trouble producing live news programming, including “Countdown,” his 8 p.m. show. He declined to lead the channel’s special political coverage until those problems were resolved, but Current TV officials called his bluff and went ahead without him, pre-empting his show in the process. It was a game of chicken in which everybody ended up with egg on their faces...

Mr. Olbermann, who is reportedly being paid $50 million over the course of a five-year contract, had more than a million viewers when he left at MSNBC at the start of last year, but in the most recent ratings period, he was reaching just 200,000 people a night at Current TV, according to Nielsen...

Current TV wants to be a player in the cable news/opinion world and most especially in the 2012 election, but their production capabilities are not ready for prime time and the man who was supposed to take the lead has barricaded himself within the four corners of his show and, so far, he’s not coming out.

What a fucking baby.
Sheer emotionalism. That's all leftists have. :lol:

They think because Kieth had a dispute with al gore on the reporting on the cacucs that it means Olberman will be dumped.

I have heard the dispute was about the signal breaking up while Olberman was on the air.

Last night he did his show in a hoody like top and mere black screen behind him.

You're one of the ten people that actually WATCH Current, TM? Ah...that explains so much.

I'd watch it if my cable company carried it

Olbermann is funny as hell

I laugh at him too...because he's so fricken STUPID! :laugh2:

I think it was close to a couple years ago, for SOME reason i had MSNBC on and watched a dedication someone had put on to the people that died in 9/11. It was very well done....and i never heard of anyone thinking it wasn't.

Olberman just about had a baby! He started apologizing to everyone for such a THOUGHTLESS act to remind people of that terrible day. I couldn't believe it!!! I thought he was going to cry and he was just beside himself going on about how horrible it was for something like this being aired to "make" people remember their pain. What a complete moron!

They think because Kieth had a dispute with al gore on the reporting on the cacucs that it means Olberman will be dumped.

I have heard the dispute was about the signal breaking up while Olberman was on the air.

Last night he did his show in a hoody like top and mere black screen behind him.

WTF is a cacucs ???

I'm sure he does, and I bet he watches those recordings often...

I don't think he'll ever learn how not to suck at politics, though....

he's a martyr for truth and an American media hero who refused to put money above priciples and truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtNVEbasOo]Battle Hymn of the Republic[/ame]

You don't have to serve in war to be an American hero if that is your point.

he's a martyr for truth and an American media hero who refused to put money above priciples and truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtNVEbasOo]Battle Hymn of the Republic[/ame]

You don't have to serve in war to be an American hero if that is your point.

No ... just seemed that music should have been playing in the background when I read your post.

You and I have very different opinions about KO's "martyrdom" and "heroism" .....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back