What Will Happen to the Post Office

this whole post has been about their retirement FUNDS ... the money that they are losing, that the goverbnment insist them to pay, I had said 50 years out, but its actually 75 years out ... obama can't tounch that money that they pay into for retiremen... the fact that you're trying to switch the debate in the middle of the stream shows me you're no different then any other repub-lie-can... you accused Obama and the dems/liberals weren't doing anything to stop them from paying into this plan is total bull shit ... I 've shown you in several post that they have been doing something the problem you have is you have pick the wrong party ... you pick those lying republicans as your savior ... you deserve what you get... I called you on it ... about you saying obama wasn't doing any thinging ... your lies are showing us that you are not a credible poster you said clearly what was being descussed here... now you're trying to say its some other fund, thats total bull shit ... and you know it...
Billy i dont know what the fuck you are babbling about....im defending the PO dipshit...put the joint down and come back after you come down a little bit....
hey Billy how long have you worked for the PO?
how many Union/Management meetings you been in?...
have you ever been on a Post Office work room floor?....because you sure seem to know things that even the N.A.L.C. does not know....
first of all I don't drink never have ... I DON'Y SMOKE ANYTHING OF ANY KIND ...now that we have established that... everyone of my post was was about the post office having to be forced by the republicans passing a bill that required them to pay for their retirement 75 years out ... my post was showing that by doing this... it has caused the post office to be billions of dollars in debt ... your responce was to try and change the talk... you then started to change it to something else that it wasn't ... now you tried to accuse me of doing drugs ... you accused that president obama caused this and he wasn't doing anything to repeal this law ... I pointed out where the president and the democrats and the liberals of this country were trying everything to repeal it ... I pointed out where the republicans lead by john boehner refused to do nothing .. the problem you have is republicans. who think like you, refuse to listen to the facts ... then when you see the facts the best you cand do is accuse the poster of doing drugs ... a clear sign of your defeat... you have this notion that it was all caused by us dems/liberals and the president ...you even pointed it out in your post where you believe this bull shit ...and I being a liberal called you on it ... now that you see the facts you try to switch what you were defending the post office over ... I call that sad...

priceless

That was quite a few years ago and it was at the start up of the bulk mail system. I was hired as an electrician with a career appointment to get the sort center equipment running. I worked at the new facility in Smyrna, Ga and New York City. Once we got those facilities on line, I did get sent to regular post office sort centers for a few weeks at a time to Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia.
what do you mean the start up of the BMS?....what years are you referring too?.......it had to of been before i got there in 79....

i repeat Billy.....how long have you worked for the PO?....

have you ever sat in on a Labor/Management meeting?
you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about Billy..... you are making no sense.....when you put the pot away for a while come back.....im sure you mean well....
i repeat "Harry Dresden ...... I don't care where you work or what you have done... you claimed that Obama and the democrats/liberals haven't done anything to change the law passed by the republicans that was your whole statement here ..... I challenged that statement of yours I pointed out where you were wrong .... if any one needs to get off the pot that would be you .... its seems you can't seem to grasp the thought ....
Billy your problem is you accept ANYTHING "they" tell you......i have sat in with people in Middle Management in the PO with the Union.....i think between them and the Union they pretty much know what Politician is helping and which are not and which bills are actually going to help.....your team does a lot of talking Billy......but the Committee that is supposed to be working on this Postal problem.....these people are just eating their lunch....and for what? about 3-4 years now or better?......i get the national N.A.L.C. monthly news magazine....they keep up with this stuff Billy.....i will listen to these guys Billy over you if you dont mind....you are two dam gullible.....start questioning things lad....yes even those you trust.....
you can sit in as many meetings as you want ... until the congress desides to repeal the law that they forced on the PO all the voting among the union does diddly squat ... what you are trying to do here is save face.... you are wrong here and you can't admit it... I never talked about what the unions were doing ... not once ... I clearly stated what the republicans force the PO to do ... then you go on this temper tantrum with "I work for the PO I know everything so don't question me ploy"... its not working .... then when you have seen how poorly you responded to save face even more, you accuse me of smoking pot ... seems you have a little problem with admitting when you are wrong...

Last edited:
Billy i dont know what the fuck you are babbling about....im defending the PO dipshit...put the joint down and come back after you come down a little bit....
hey Billy how long have you worked for the PO?
how many Union/Management meetings you been in?...
have you ever been on a Post Office work room floor?....because you sure seem to know things that even the N.A.L.C. does not know....
first of all I don't drink never have ... I DON'Y SMOKE ANYTHING OF ANY KIND ...now that we have established that... everyone of my post was was about the post office having to be forced by the republicans passing a bill that required them to pay for their retirement 75 years out ... my post was showing that by doing this... it has caused the post office to be billions of dollars in debt ... your responce was to try and change the talk... you then started to change it to something else that it wasn't ... now you tried to accuse me of doing drugs ... you accused that president obama caused this and he wasn't doing anything to repeal this law ... I pointed out where the president and the democrats and the liberals of this country were trying everything to repeal it ... I pointed out where the republicans lead by john boehner refused to do nothing .. the problem you have is republicans. who think like you, refuse to listen to the facts ... then when you see the facts the best you cand do is accuse the poster of doing drugs ... a clear sign of your defeat... you have this notion that it was all caused by us dems/liberals and the president ...you even pointed it out in your post where you believe this bull shit ...and I being a liberal called you on it ... now that you see the facts you try to switch what you were defending the post office over ... I call that sad...

priceless

what do you mean the start up of the BMS?....what years are you referring too?.......it had to of been before i got there in 79....

i repeat Billy.....how long have you worked for the PO?....

have you ever sat in on a Labor/Management meeting?
you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about Billy..... you are making no sense.....when you put the pot away for a while come back.....im sure you mean well....
i repeat "Harry Dresden ...... I don't care where you work or what you have done... you claimed that Obama and the democrats/liberals haven't done anything to change the law passed by the republicans that was your whole statement here ..... I challenged that statement of yours I pointed out where you were wrong .... if any one needs to get off the pot that would be you .... its seems you can't seem to grasp the thought ....
Billy your problem is you accept ANYTHING "they" tell you......i have sat in with people in Middle Management in the PO with the Union.....i think between them and the Union they pretty much know what Politician is helping and which are not and which bills are actually going to help.....your team does a lot of talking Billy......but the Committee that is supposed to be working on this Postal problem.....these people are just eating their lunch....and for what? about 3-4 years now or better?......i get the national N.A.L.C. monthly news magazine....they keep up with this stuff Billy.....i will listen to these guys Billy over you if you dont mind....you are two dam gullible.....start questioning things lad....yes even those you trust.....
you can sit in as many meetings as you want ... until the congress desides to repeal the law that they forced on the PO all the voting among the union does diddly squat ... what you are trying to do here is save face.... you are wrong here and you can't admit it... I never talked about what the unions were doing ... not once ... I clearly stated what the republicans force the PO to do ... then you go on this temper tantrum with "I work for the PO I know everything so don't question me ploy"... its not working .... then when you have seen how poorly you responded to save face even more, you accuse me of smoking pot ... seems you have a little problem with admitting when you are wrong...
if you say so Billy.....why should i listen to people who know whats going on when i have a clueless fuck like you to tell me whats what......here let me give you one of these Billy.....

Then you should know that not only is it not curable, it cannot even be DIAGNOSED for sure in any way short of an autopsy.

I guess my question is if it can't be diagnosed short of an autopsy, how do you know you have it?

I have had many of the causes and may be starting to have the symptoms.

I sincerely hope that you are wrong in your self diagnosis. Not to mock you, but every time I 'play doctor' and think I know what is wrong with me, I am wrong. Good luck, and hang in there. I will respect your decision, whatever it is.

If the Post Office needs to cut out weekend deliveries to make a profit, then do it. It should never be shutdown but it also needs to find ways to cut costs, but it doesn't help that the workers are union workers.....they always drive up costs and driving an organization out of business.
its not the workers fault the inept managers in the PO suck at their jobs.....you work just 6 months in the PO and you will see a lot of money being wasted by middle management....by someone trying to justify their job and doing a horrible job at it.....and the worst part?.....sometimes no one does anything about it....most of the time it takes a while to get it "fixed"...........

I took my father down to the local post office for some business. Only when I went in the front door I couldn't take him up the steps to the clerks. So I go outside to see where the handicapped access is and it said around back. I went around the back and saw some ramps but no door that looked like a person could go in with a wheel chair. So I just parked him and went up to the clerk and did our business and mentioned that the handicapped access was not well marked.

She took interest and said she would tell the postmaster. It seem in order to use the handicapped access you need to go up the ramps to the loading docks, ring a bell so they open the door then go through the post office to the counter. My opinion is that this access would not be good enough for a private business.

Anyway, three weeks later, nothing changed. It is merely for them to say they have access, if you really want it.

I use the post office a lot and most of the time, it goes fine. For some reason, mailing things from the Midwest to southern states takes a long time and have had packages get lost. I like UPS and find them dependable most of the time, though hate the way they don't have you sign for packages every time. I notice that I only sign for packages the first time at a new address, then they must use the same signature after that to give the illusion that I signed for something. Fed Ex is the worst and I refuse to use them at all.

Problem with the post office is that people aren't sending letters the way they used to because of email and text messaging. Letters were the biggest source of income and now it's mostly about packages and junk mail or magazines. Since a lot of people prefer other companies for packages, that leaves mostly bulk mail and magazines for the post office, so the amount of mail delivery is no where near the volume it once was. With so many public employees retired and good pay and benefits promised to current employees, it's hard to keep up enough income to cover everything. That is true with any public employees. The cost raises each year as some retire and draw pensions while new ones are hired to take their place. They all rely on tax dollars and income from postage. It's no surprise that rates have increased for shipping everything. If the post office doesn't take in enough money from postage costs to cover daily operations, pay and pensions, it must come from tax payers.

I'd rather see an increase in costs for actually using services than taxes being increased.

Bottom line is that with less mail being sent, less employees are needed. It only makes sense to cut hours at the post office and not hire more people than they need. Otherwise, we have people getting paid when there isn't enough work to keep them busy.

Government often spends more money on things than is needed and it's just a waste. A lot of military people just got cut despite being good at what they did. It's no different with any other government employee. If you're not needed, there is no reason to keep you.

If the Post Office needs to cut out weekend deliveries to make a profit, then do it. It should never be shutdown but it also needs to find ways to cut costs, but it doesn't help that the workers are union workers.....they always drive up costs and driving an organization out of business.
its not the workers fault the inept managers in the PO suck at their jobs.....you work just 6 months in the PO and you will see a lot of money being wasted by middle management....by someone trying to justify their job and doing a horrible job at it.....and the worst part?.....sometimes no one does anything about it....most of the time it takes a while to get it "fixed"...........

I took my father down to the local post office for some business. Only when I went in the front door I couldn't take him up the steps to the clerks. So I go outside to see where the handicapped access is and it said around back. I went around the back and saw some ramps but no door that looked like a person could go in with a wheel chair. So I just parked him and went up to the clerk and did our business and mentioned that the handicapped access was not well marked.

She took interest and said she would tell the postmaster. It seem in order to use the handicapped access you need to go up the ramps to the loading docks, ring a bell so they open the door then go through the post office to the counter. My opinion is that this access would not be good enough for a private business.

Anyway, three weeks later, nothing changed. It is merely for them to say they have access, if you really want it.
wow that sucks....make enough noise and they will do something about it.....the PO's out here were i am at have got the Handi-Capped covered.....the PO hires lots of Handi-Capped People .....i would think just because of that they would have that kinda stuff covered.....

wow that sucks....make enough noise and they will do something about it.....the PO's out here were i am at have got the Handi-Capped covered.....the PO hires lots of Handi-Capped People .....i would think just because of that they would have that kinda stuff covered.....

I think a handicapped person could work at the PO I described, don't know if any do. Not a big deal, seldom use the PO. I just think it is another case where the government forces private business to do something they don't do themselves. (ref: Obamacare)

I use the post office a lot and most of the time, it goes fine. For some reason, mailing things from the Midwest to southern states takes a long time and have had packages get lost. I like UPS and find them dependable most of the time, though hate the way they don't have you sign for packages every time. I notice that I only sign for packages the first time at a new address, then they must use the same signature after that to give the illusion that I signed for something. Fed Ex is the worst and I refuse to use them at all.

Problem with the post office is that people aren't sending letters the way they used to because of email and text messaging. Letters were the biggest source of income and now it's mostly about packages and junk mail or magazines. Since a lot of people prefer other companies for packages, that leaves mostly bulk mail and magazines for the post office, so the amount of mail delivery is no where near the volume it once was. With so many public employees retired and good pay and benefits promised to current employees, it's hard to keep up enough income to cover everything. That is true with any public employees. The cost raises each year as some retire and draw pensions while new ones are hired to take their place. They all rely on tax dollars and income from postage. It's no surprise that rates have increased for shipping everything. If the post office doesn't take in enough money from postage costs to cover daily operations, pay and pensions, it must come from tax payers.

I'd rather see an increase in costs for actually using services than taxes being increased.

Bottom line is that with less mail being sent, less employees are needed. It only makes sense to cut hours at the post office and not hire more people than they need. Otherwise, we have people getting paid when there isn't enough work to keep them busy.

Government often spends more money on things than is needed and it's just a waste. A lot of military people just got cut despite being good at what they did. It's no different with any other government employee. If you're not needed, there is no reason to keep you.

I went to the post office and wanted a lettter overnighted. The clerk told me 15 dollars. I said WHAAAAT??? So I say what is the next fastest. She told me 5 dollars priority mail. I said when do you think it would get their, she said tomorrow. I said is that the same as the other? She said the first one was gauanteed next day. Wow what a rip.

Bottom line is that with less mail being sent, less employees are needed.

whats needed is more people who actually touch the Mail,and less of those who dont....
It only makes sense to cut hours at the post office
that is easier said than done in that business....
and not hire more people than they need
when i retired they had not hired new Carriers,the District i was in anyway....in 7 years.....and they were needed.....plenty of managers though.....
Otherwise, we have people getting paid when there isn't enough work to keep them busy.....
you just described Middle Management in the PO.....only they make themselves busy concocting something up that makes everyone who actually touches the mail.....Geezus dont get me started....you would have to have worked in one for at least 3 Months to appreciate what im saying....

I went to the post office and wanted a lettter overnighted. The clerk told me 15 dollars. I said WHAAAAT??? So I say what is the next fastest. She told me 5 dollars priority mail. I said when do you think it would get their, she said tomorrow. I said is that the same as the other? She said the first one was gauanteed next day. Wow what a rip.
the over night one is guaranteed.....the Priority Mail would only be a probable next day,but not guaranteed, if the destination is within 50 miles of the mailing point....otherwise its 2-3 days.....

the over night one is guaranteed.....the Priority Mail would only be a probable next day,but not guaranteed, if the destination is within 50 miles of the mailing point....otherwise its 2-3 days.....

Yes, that is how I understood it. So for the most part, unless going a long ways, guaranteed overnight and priority mail are the same thing.

Yes, that is how I understood it. So for the most part, unless going a long ways, guaranteed overnight and priority mail are the same thing.
more or less.....just one has the Guaranty...and they take precedent over any other mail you have to deliver......

whats needed is more people who actually touch the Mail,and less of those who dont....
when i retired they had not hired new Carriers,the District i was in anyway....in 7 years.....and they were needed.....plenty of managers though.....
Otherwise, we have people getting paid when there isn't enough work to keep them busy.....
you just described Middle Management in the PO.....only they make themselves busy concocting something up that makes everyone who actually touches the mail.....Geezus dont get me started....you would have to have worked in one for at least 3 Months to appreciate what im saying....

Way back in the day,I was given projects to do what used to be called "bulk mail" We'd get #3 white canvas bags and fill them full of bundled mail sorted by zip code. The nice thing was that they were financial mailings so most were going to financial centers so we could get a lot of 3/5 digit sorts.

What you said is right. We have fewer mail pieces so it would make perfect sense to cut the # of people needed. One of the things I wanted to do in the thread was to see what the GOP backers here would say about attacking what turns out to be a triple whammy....

A large union presence
A large minority presence
A "life line" support agency for the aged and aging.

It reminds me of the Romney attack on PBS. We're $17T in debt and we're still sponsoring television and radio nobody wants to listen to or pay for. It's freaking crazy. But the Dems were able to lampoon Romney for suggesting he'd take Big Bird off the air.

Way back in the day,I was given projects to do what used to be called "bulk mail" We'd get #3 white canvas bags and fill them full of bundled mail sorted by zip code. The nice thing was that they were financial mailings so most were going to financial centers so we could get a lot of 3/5 digit sorts.

What you said is right. We have fewer mail pieces so it would make perfect sense to cut the # of people needed. One of the things I wanted to do in the thread was to see what the GOP backers here would say about attacking what turns out to be a triple whammy....

A large union presence
A large minority presence
A "life line" support agency for the aged and aging.

It reminds me of the Romney attack on PBS. We're $17T in debt and we're still sponsoring television and radio nobody wants to listen to or pay for. It's freaking crazy. But the Dems were able to lampoon Romney for suggesting he'd take Big Bird off the air.

Where the post office and Big Bird differ from other government-funded entities is that they both make money. Sesame Street merchandise brings in millions each year. Remember the Tickle Me Elmo craze? Big Bird doesn't really need tax payer money because the Sesame Street enterprise makes tons of money on their own. The post office also makes money, though apparently not enough to sustain the pensions and pay for current workers.

It's always reasonable to only pay for what you need. In the case of public pensions, it's also important to keep promises.

A large union presence shouldn't be needed in public jobs since they pay well and include good benefits. The minority presence should consist of those minorities qualified for the jobs and no favoritism. Quotas are ridiculous and you can't decide the race or ethnicity of a future employer before people even apply.

No one on the left has criticized the downsizing of our military, yet the same often criticize businesses for downsizing. It's all the same principle of keeping people you need and cutting unnecessary expenses. It sucks that the unnecessary expenses are people who rely on the jobs. I know people who were cut from the military and are now among the millions of other unemployed.

A good economy is the best job security.

39 pages later and the post office is still not going anywhere.
Billy will blame the Republicans..........the Democrats are innocent little angels....
never said dems are angels ... what I did say was the bill passed was a bill that was written by the republicans where 2 dems out of 190 pluss were for it... you came here with the attatude of, "I'm a PO worker" and what I say is fact attatude... you claimed that the dems and the republicabns along with the president hasn't tried to do anything to repeal it ... I pointed out that was a lie ... you with you attatude you know better because you worked for the PO ...you took it upon youself to show me who knows what ... what you prove is you're one cluess PO workers.... you proved you can't admit when you are wrong...

39 pages later and the post office is still not going anywhere.
Billy will blame the Republicans..........the Democrats are innocent little angels....
never said dems are angels ... what I did say was the bill passed was a bill that was written by the republicans where 2 dems out of 190 pluss were for it... you came here with the attatude of, "I'm a PO worker" and what I say is fact attatude... you claimed that the dems and the republicabns along with the president hasn't tried to do anything to repeal it ... I pointed out that was a lie ... you with you attatude you know better because you worked for the PO ...you took it upon youself to show me who knows what ... what you prove is you're one cluess PO workers.... you proved you can't admit when you are wrong...
if i was wrong Billy i would say it....but when im sitting in a meeting with Union guys who follow this stuff much more than you or i Billy.....who should i believe .....them or you?......the difference between them and you Billy is they are in Wash.D.C....they follow Postal Bills,you dont.....they say that the Democrats are putting up Bills that are almost as bad as the one now.....all the PO wants Billy is to do their own Retirement like they were doing.....but the Democrats for some reason are against that....EVEN THOUGH many of these assholes were at various workshops and Conventions telling them they will push to get this done.....yea except when the Bill is done and ready to go it has very little Postal input....why dont you admit when you are outclassed Billy.....you and what you think you know would be laughed at by those guys at a meeting.....Sorry Billy you are just acting like a Die Hard Democrat....you just cant believe your team can be fucking two-faced basTURDS like many of them are....like i have always said here Billy......Republicans tell you to your face what they think of you.....Democrats, those people you put so much faith in.....tell you what you want to hear,but behind your back its a different tale.....your side sucks too Billy....learn to accept that.....you will be better off....

Forum List

Back