What Will Happen to the Post Office

sure he cant billy.....they have been taking postal funds since the first day i worked there....who do you think owns and runs it?.....
not the government
so who?....
no body is taking their money out of their retirement ... they can't touch it idiot
did i say retirement or did i say "their FUNDS"....which one did i say? ...idiot....
this whole post has been about their retirement FUNDS ... the money that they are losing, that the goverbnment insist them to pay, I had said 50 years out, but its actually 75 years out ... obama can't tounch that money that they pay into for retiremen... the fact that you're trying to switch the debate in the middle of the stream shows me you're no different then any other repub-lie-can... you accused Obama and the dems/liberals weren't doing anything to stop them from paying into this plan is total bull shit ... I 've shown you in several post that they have been doing something the problem you have is you have pick the wrong party ... you pick those lying republicans as your savior ... you deserve what you get... I called you on it ... about you saying obama wasn't doing any thinging ... your lies are showing us that you are not a credible poster you said clearly what was being descussed here... now you're trying to say its some other fund, thats total bull shit ... and you know it...
Billy i dont know what the fuck you are babbling about....im defending the PO dipshit...put the joint down and come back after you come down a little bit....
hey Billy how long have you worked for the PO?
how many Union/Management meetings you been in?...
have you ever been on a Post Office work room floor?....because you sure seem to know things that even the N.A.L.C. does not know....

Yes I would.
thats why i said what i said.....but i can back up what i say....you wont be able to back up what you think the reason is......
Sure I will.
go ahead give it a shot.....tell me your theory about the govt wanting to be the only one doing first class .....and why?....

The Postal Union wants to be the only one doing first class mail because otherwise they would have to compete, and that would mean lower wages and losing those gold plated benefits.

Politicians love government, so they obviously want government to have control over the mail.

Did I leave anyone out?
ok i see what you were getting at......you are saying right now, that the Union is the one who is making the biggest stink about privatization.....i was talking why it was enacted in the first place back when........but you are absolutely right they are.....but looking at what they are supposed to be.....would you not expect them to put up a stand against it? they are just doing what they were created to do.....looking out for their members .....shit if they were not....as a Union member....i would be asking.....WHY they are not.....they fight harder than the PO's management i will say that much for them.......Donohue the outgoing guy should have been asked to retire,or resign .....certainly replaced long ago ......
Politicians love government, so they obviously want government to have control over the mail.
the PO has LOTS of Cameras in all the offices .....here is a Quote from one of the guys who helped design the system saying what it was designed for...

"This is not really a security system," says Robert Landino, a principal with Southwest Security Consultants International of Dallas. "The word security has the wrong connotation for what we're doing here. This is an access control system designed to maintain employee accountability and to provide a totally controlled environment."..
.....there you have it.....and one of the reasons we have a Union....

During my short two years with USPS the one thing that I found interesting was the promotion system. The bulk mail system was just getting started and one day they decided that they needed a few more supervisors. The way it worked then was to ask the most senior union member if he/she wanted to be a supervisor. Most of the senior guys turned it down because they made more than their supervisor since they got overtime pay and the supervisor didn't.
The result I saw was they promoted 12 people to the supervision level and within 6 weeks, three of them that were capable of supervising a crew filled their slots. The other nine weren't supervisory material and were assigned what we called busy work at a desk, but they had the title, the pay and got to wear the necktie.
When I left there by my count there were 2.4 people in management for every one worker bee.
Do they still have that system in place?

Of course a shitstain like you is focused on the Post Office when Obama has been gutting the US military, CIA and NASA.

Nevermind he is on the verge of allowing 5 million or more criminals to stay here stealing jobs and welfare benefits from Americans.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THE POST OFFICE, ASSWIPE.

Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.

thats why i said what i said.....but i can back up what i say....you wont be able to back up what you think the reason is......
Sure I will.
go ahead give it a shot.....tell me your theory about the govt wanting to be the only one doing first class .....and why?....

The Postal Union wants to be the only one doing first class mail because otherwise they would have to compete, and that would mean lower wages and losing those gold plated benefits.

Did I leave anyone out?
ok i see what you were getting at......you are saying right now, that the Union is the one who is making the biggest stink about privatization.....i was talking why it was enacted in the first place back when........but you are absolutely right they are.....but looking at what they are supposed to be.....would you not expect them to put up a stand against it? they are just doing what they were created to do.....looking out for their members .....shit if they were not....as a Union member....i would be asking.....WHY they are not.....they fight harder than the PO's management i will say that much for them.......Donohue the outgoing guy should have been asked to retire,or resign .....certainly replaced long ago ......
the PO has LOTS of Cameras in all the offices .....here is a Quote from one of the guys who helped design the system saying what it was designed for...

"This is not really a security system," says Robert Landino, a principal with Southwest Security Consultants International of Dallas. "The word security has the wrong connotation for what we're doing here. This is an access control system designed to maintain employee accountability and to provide a totally controlled environment."..

During my short two years with USPS the one thing that I found interesting was the promotion system. The bulk mail system was just getting started and one day they decided that they needed a few more supervisors. The way it worked then was to ask the most senior union member if he/she wanted to be a supervisor. Most of the senior guys turned it down because they made more than their supervisor since they got overtime pay and the supervisor didn't.
The result I saw was they promoted 12 people to the supervision level and within 6 weeks, three of them that were capable of supervising a crew filled their slots. The other nine weren't supervisory material and were assigned what we called busy work at a desk, but they had the title, the pay and got to wear the necktie.
When I left there by my count there were 2.4 people in management for every one worker bee.
not the way its done where im at.........i dont know where that PO is..LOL.....since i been working here you have to put in for it and then they send you to their brainwashing classes....and then you are a 204B.....more or less a Junior Supervisor....

Sure I will.

Did I leave anyone out?

not the way its done where im at.........i dont know where that PO is..LOL.....since i been working here you have to put in for it and then they send you to their brainwashing classes....and then you are a 204B.....more or less a Junior Supervisor....

That was quite a few years ago and it was at the start up of the bulk mail system. I was hired as an electrician with a career appointment to get the sort center equipment running. I worked at the new facility in Smyrna, Ga and New York City. Once we got those facilities on line, I did get sent to regular post office sort centers for a few weeks at a time to Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia.

Did I leave anyone out?

That was quite a few years ago and it was at the start up of the bulk mail system. I was hired as an electrician with a career appointment to get the sort center equipment running. I worked at the new facility in Smyrna, Ga and New York City. Once we got those facilities on line, I did get sent to regular post office sort centers for a few weeks at a time to Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia.
what do you mean the start up of the BMS?....what years are you referring too?.......it had to of been before i got there in 79....

no body is taking their money out of their retirement ... they can't touch it idiot
did i say retirement or did i say "their FUNDS"....which one did i say? ...idiot....
this whole post has been about their retirement FUNDS ... the money that they are losing, that the goverbnment insist them to pay, I had said 50 years out, but its actually 75 years out ... obama can't tounch that money that they pay into for retiremen... the fact that you're trying to switch the debate in the middle of the stream shows me you're no different then any other repub-lie-can... you accused Obama and the dems/liberals weren't doing anything to stop them from paying into this plan is total bull shit ... I 've shown you in several post that they have been doing something the problem you have is you have pick the wrong party ... you pick those lying republicans as your savior ... you deserve what you get... I called you on it ... about you saying obama wasn't doing any thinging ... your lies are showing us that you are not a credible poster you said clearly what was being descussed here... now you're trying to say its some other fund, thats total bull shit ... and you know it...
Billy i dont know what the fuck you are babbling about....im defending the PO dipshit...put the joint down and come back after you come down a little bit....
have you ever been on a Post Office work room floor?....because you sure seem to know things that even the N.A.L.C. does not know....
first of all I don't drink never have ... I DON'Y SMOKE ANYTHING OF ANY KIND ...now that we have established that... everyone of my post was was about the post office having to be forced by the republicans passing a bill that required them to pay for their retirement 75 years out ... my post was showing that by doing this... it has caused the post office to be billions of dollars in debt ... your responce was to try and change the talk... you then started to change it to something else that it wasn't ... now you tried to accuse me of doing drugs ... you accused that president obama caused this and he wasn't doing anything to repeal this law ... I pointed out where the president and the democrats and the liberals of this country were trying everything to repeal it ... I pointed out where the republicans lead by john boehner refused to do nothing .. the problem you have is republicans. who think like you, refuse to listen to the facts ... then when you see the facts the best you cand do is accuse the poster of doing drugs ... a clear sign of your defeat... you have this notion that it was all caused by us dems/liberals and the president ...you even pointed it out in your post where you believe this bull shit ...and I being a liberal called you on it ... now that you see the facts you try to switch what you were defending the post office over ... I call that sad...

priceless

Did I leave anyone out?

what do you mean the start up of the BMS?....what years are you referring too?.......it had to of been before i got there in 79....

so who?....
first of all I don't drink never have ... I DON'Y SMOKE ANYTHING OF ANY KIND ...now that we have established that... everyone of my post was was about the post office having to be forced by the republicans passing a bill that required them to pay for their retirement 75 years out ... my post was showing that by doing this... it has caused the post office to be billions of dollars in debt ... your responce was to try and change the talk... you then started to change it to something else that it wasn't ... now you tried to accuse me of doing drugs ... you accused that president obama caused this and he wasn't doing anything to repeal this law ... I pointed out where the president and the democrats and the liberals of this country were trying everything to repeal it ... I pointed out where the republicans lead by john boehner refused to do nothing .. the problem you have is republicans. who think like you, refuse to listen to the facts ... then when you see the facts the best you cand do is accuse the poster of doing drugs ... a clear sign of your defeat... you have this notion that it was all caused by us dems/liberals and the president ...you even pointed it out in your post where you believe this bull shit ...and I being a liberal called you on it ... now that you see the facts you try to switch what you were defending the post office over ... I call that sad...

priceless

i repeat Billy.....how long have you worked for the PO?....

have you ever sat in on a Labor/Management meeting?
you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about Billy..... you are making no sense.....when you put the pot away for a while come back.....im sure you mean well....

oh ok......things have changed pretty much since then....

priceless

you have no fucking idea of what you are talking about Billy..... you are making no sense.....when you put the pot away for a while come back.....im sure you mean well....
i repeat "Harry Dresden ...... I don't care where you work or what you have done... you claimed that Obama and the democrats/liberals haven't done anything to change the law passed by the republicans that was your whole statement here ..... I challenged that statement of yours I pointed out where you were wrong .... if any one needs to get off the pot that would be you .... its seems you can't seem to grasp the thought ....

I have heard Obama keeps trying to steal the money they have socked away but the union keeps fighting them off
you are ignorant ... obama can,t touch any of their funds ever... why do you say such stupid shit

Supposedly he can't create laws on his own, but he has somehow managed to do that.
here you claim you know the constitution .. when the congress fails to act the president is allowed to pass a executive order ... all presidents use therm

prior to you posting the conversation was with manonthe street and bripat claiming that the dems/liberals and Obama weren't doing anything to repeal this law ... I pointed out what the dems/liberals and obama were doing ....

you came on with these statements yours not mine ....
post 169 you said:
its not just the GOP.....the Democrats are just as bad......and Obama caved on this years ago....
this I called you on
post 181 you said:
that poison pill as i have said a dozen times in postal threads here, was just as much the Democrats pill..... they co-sponsored it and havent done jack shit to repeal it....and that includes the President....

there were two democrats who co-sponsored the bill ...
I called you on that an I pointed out where the president and the dems/liberals have been trying to repeal it ... where they even tried to go around the Boehner to get it brought to the floor to be voted on ....

seems to me if you can't remember what you have said to me that would apear that it is you whose had too much pot to smoke... they say loss of memory is one of the symptoms ...

I have heard Obama keeps trying to steal the money they have socked away but the union keeps fighting them off
you are ignorant ... obama can,t touch any of their funds ever... why do you say such stupid shit

Supposedly he can't create laws on his own, but he has somehow managed to do that.
here you claim you know the constitution .. when the congress fails to act the president is allowed to pass a executive order ... all presidents use therm

Wrong. Presidents cannot make law.

Wrong. Presidents cannot make law.

Well, looks like you need a little education again Bripat

United States Presidents issue executive orders to help officers and agencies of theexecutive branch manage the operations within the federal government itself. Executive orders have the full force of law[1] when they take authority from a power granted directly to the Executive by the Constitution, or are made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congressthat explicitly delegate to the President some degree of discretionary power (delegated legislation). Like both legislative statutes and regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review, and may be struck down if deemed by the courts to be unsupported by statute or the Constitution. Major policy initiatives usually require approval by the legislative branch, but executive orders have significant influence over the internal affairs of government, deciding how and to what degree laws will be enforced, dealing with emergencies, waging war, and in general fine policy choices in the implementation of broad statutes.

Of all of the governmental programs the GOP has in it's sight to cut, one of the most interesting ones will be the Post Office. We haven't heard the GOP speak much about it lately during their "repackaging" initiative. Given the employment demographic of the USPS and the fact that they are unionized which is always a target for the GOP.

What is the over/under on when a postal reform will be brought up? I believe this is one area where Obama will potentially cave dependent on how much of a fight he wants to pick with Congress.
Didn't he just appoint the first female Postmaster General?

I have some suggestions.

1. Charge $5.00 minimum for anything addressed to OCCUPANT.

2. Charge $5.00 minimum for any political ad.

3. Charge $5.00 minimum for any flyers for businesses.

Also, since the bulk of my mail these days is bullshit from Medicare, make them get their shit together.

But mainly, eliminate unsolicited mail by high fees, and leave the postal service to those of us who pay bills by mail and send cards and write letters.

Of course, if the USPS was no longer subsidized and subsidizing, and concentrated on meeting the needs of people, and not politicians and businesses, probably 80% of the overpaid union workers would have to be laid off.

If you eliminate that type of mail the price of a stamp will skyrocket. I say use the illegals to sort the mail and pay them the slave wages that the left seems to really like.

The Post Office isn't like UPS and Fed Ex. for the simple reason that government agencies don't give a shit whether they operate efficiently because the workers are guaranteed a salary courtesy of the taxpayers. There must be ways to make it more efficient.

I saw a sign for temporary Fedex workers. 10 dollars and hour. Seems like that wage would be hard for the USPS to compete with.

priceless

i repeat "Harry Dresden ...... I don't care where you work or what you have done... you claimed that Obama and the democrats/liberals haven't done anything to change the law passed by the republicans that was your whole statement here ..... I challenged that statement of yours I pointed out where you were wrong .... if any one needs to get off the pot that would be you .... its seems you can't seem to grasp the thought ....
Billy your problem is you accept ANYTHING "they" tell you......i have sat in with people in Middle Management in the PO with the Union.....i think between them and the Union they pretty much know what Politician is helping and which are not and which bills are actually going to help.....your team does a lot of talking Billy......but the Committee that is supposed to be working on this Postal problem.....these people are just eating their lunch....and for what? about 3-4 years now or better?......i get the national N.A.L.C. monthly news magazine....they keep up with this stuff Billy.....i will listen to these guys Billy over you if you dont mind....you are two dam gullible.....start questioning things lad....yes even those you trust.....

Forum List

Back