What were YOU like as a teenager??

I had to grow up fast. I was just trying to survive after my mother overdosed and I got put in a shitty foster home with an abusive fuck. I left that hell hole and lived on the streets for 2 years
I am sorry that had happened to you. No one should have that happen....Well, maybe Lets Go Brandon.

I had to grow up fast. I was just trying to survive after my mother overdosed and I got put in a shitty foster home with an abusive fuck. I left that hell hole and lived on the streets for 2 years

I'm not kidding--I think in many cases we would do better bringing orphanages back. With a lot of oversight. Many foster homes are an atrocity

I'm not kidding--I think in many cases we would do better bringing orphanages back. With a lot of oversight. Many foster homes are an atrocity
Maybe. the foster system is certainly broken. But then again orphanages were also places where kids were abused

Maybe. the foster system is certainly broken. But then again orphanages were also places where kids were abused

That is quite true. But I think it would be more difficult to get away with it in modern times because generally, more adults around = greater accountability. In a foster care situation you're stuck with one family. They can clean it all up for the social worker and then later, the abuse goes on.

I went a little crazy.
I was born into the midwest Church of Christ. Which was just a step less restrictive than the Amish.
Everything was a sin. Everything was no.
When I became a teenager I let loose in a big way.
I worked for about 2 years for an organized crime group... VERY similar to the group in the movie "At Close Range".
Thankfully the son of the groups main man saw to it I was not to be involved in the criminal side, so I tapped kegs/stocked beer and cleaned the large lounge they owned. I was 15 at the time.
He gave me my first car, a 1966 Ford Fairlane. My parents thought I had a job fixing up rental houses.
I started drinking way too much, at 16 I was in a 4 car accident with a fatality. We were at fault, the driver was killed. I have no memory of how I ended up standing outside of the wreck. Somehow I was mostly unharmed. Me and the other kid, who also somehow wasn't hurt bad, took off running. The police tried to figure out who were the two kids that ran off were (witnesses saw us) But we were never found out. This sobered me up.
Long story short... after grand theft auto, B&E's and other such nonsense, thankfully never caught, I somehow pulled my dumb ass out of that lifestyle and turned myself around.

I was every one's worst nightmare. I Was as mean as a snake bite. I was a walking collection of knives, straight razors and razor blades. I went out every night, in Oakland, looking for a fight. I was totally out of control. School was a waste of my time. I once beat a girl unconscious because I didn't like the way she said hello.

The police brought me home night after night until my hapless parents decided that I should get a husband to control me. At 15 I married, beginning the beating and torment of this unfortunate soul.

But I grew out of it.

Damn gurl!!!!

I went a little crazy.
I was born into the midwest Church of Christ. Which was just a step less restrictive than the Amish.
Everything was a sin. Everything was no.
When I became a teenager I let loose in a big way.
I worked for about 2 years for an organized crime group... VERY similar to the group in the movie "At Close Range".
Thankfully the son of the groups main man saw to it I was not to be involved in the criminal side, so I tapped kegs/stocked beer and cleaned the large lounge they owned. I was 15 at the time.
He gave me my first car, a 1966 Ford Fairlane. My parents thought I had a job fixing up rental houses.
I started drinking way too much, at 16 I was in a 4 car accident with a fatality. We were at fault, the driver was killed. I have no memory of how I ended up standing outside of the wreck. Somehow I was mostly unharmed. Me and the other kid, who also somehow wasn't hurt bad, took off running. The police tried to figure out who were the two kids that ran off were (witnesses saw us) But we were never found out. This sobered me up.
Long story short... after grand theft auto, B&E's and other such nonsense, thankfully never caught, I somehow pulled my dumb ass out of that lifestyle and turned myself around.
That is why the American Dream is the greatest....

I was a holy terror.
I wont get into the things I did even though the statute of limitations are in my favor.
I woke up at age 20 and decided I didnt want to live the way I was living,as in a house with no power or gas.
Those showers in February really sucked as did cooking over a fire in the fireplace.
Shortly after that I met my Wife which gave me even more incentive to straighten up my act.

I mostly had my face in a book then, but that was before I was finally able to get a computer which wasn't until I was almost 21.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. It will be 20 years in March that I have had a computer. I believe that it will be 15 years this spring since I last read a physical copy of a book.

Forum List

Back