What Were You In High School?

What "Group" Were You In In High School?

• Jocks / Cheerleaders

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Nerds

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Heads

• Rejects

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Preppies

• Bimbos

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something Else (please specify)

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters
That one guy who came in late if at all, sat alone in the back of the class, and slept or quietly read De Bello Gallico while everyone else chased each other with utility knives and fucked in the bathroom.

.... I was most likely in the "Reject" category. I never fit in with any of the defined groups and, if I didn't have a boyfriend, would just sit at the table were other "non conformists" sat.....

I was a nerd. I practically lived in the library. It was nicer than my home by a long shot.

Hmm....interesting question. I didn't fit into any of those categories, although i got along with all of them. I was the lead singer in a band and did a lot of work at the local volunteer theater as an actor and dancer. I also played middle linebacker and was on the debate and chess teams. So I guess I was kind of a jack of all trades. However, all that stage work did afford me a lot of attention from the girls and I was a hell of a sweet talker and kind of a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind of guy (and given my raging hormones and opportunity, I took full advantage of it), so I guess if you asked my classmates they would probably categorize me as a "playa". :lol: Although we wouldn't have used that term back then. Let's just say that most of my friends got far less friendly when their sisters were around me. :D

Last edited:
I graduated high school in 1975. A generation caught between Vietnam and Calvin Klein. I saw the dye fad away and alligators appear on polo shirts. It was a time before labels, aside from jock. I was involved in jazz band and football. I was the public address guy in the morning home room period, a Theian and a varsity defensive lineman. I defied labels.
I graduated in 74'.

What's a Theian?
Theian - Google Search

Hmm....interesting question. I didn't fit into any of those categories, although i got along with all of them. I was the lead singer in a band and did a lot of work at the local volunteer theater as an actor and dancer. I also played middle linebacker and was on the debate and chess teams. So I guess I was kind of a jack of all trades. However, all that stage work did afford me a lot of attention from the girls and I was a hell of a sweet talker and kind of a "love 'em and leave 'em" kind of guy (and given my raging hormones and opportunity, I took full advantage of it), so I guess if you asked my classmates they would probably categorize me as a "playa". :lol: Although we wouldn't have used that term back then. Let's just say that most of my friends got far less friendly when their sisters were around me. :D
Well color me confused. You said she was your sister (Bonzi)...so wouldn't she know already?

Well color me confused. You said she was your sister (Bonzi)...so wouldn't she know already?

Bonzi is not my biological sister, goofball. :lol: I have never met her. I meant "my sister" as in "a kindred spirit", "someone I respect", "a fellow Christian", "my sister from another mister", "someone I will defend". That kind of stuff.

Bonzi is not my biological sister, goofball. :lol: I have never met her. I meant "my sister" as in "a kindred spirit", "someone I respect", "a fellow Christian", "my sister from another mister", "someone I will defend". That kind of stuff.

Lol! I've never heard "sister from another mister." I've heard "brother from another mother" though. :lol:

Lol! I've never heard "sister from another mister." I've heard "brother from another mother" though. :lol:

:lol: Actually I can't blame Gracie. I did refer to Bonzi as "my sister" so why wouldn't people think she is actually my biological sister, especially when I often refer to TrinityPower as my wife and she actually is. I took it for granted that people would understand that with Bonzi I was speaking metaphorically...or allegorically....or theoretically......or whatever. I always get those things mixed up ;) Frankly, it's my fault.

So for the record...Bonzi is NOT my biological sister. ;) She is just someone I respect for her convictions (although i frequently disagree with them), but I was not speaking that way about TrinityPower. She is my actual, real life, no bullshit wife.

I hope we have that cleared up

That's not what you insinuated originally and you know it.

I posted before I read your explanation.
With that said...ok. So you think Bonzi is all that. Fine. To give her credit, she does start some interesting threads, but that's about it. Otherwise, she is not one of my fav posters here, not that that matters.

That's not what you insinuated originally and you know it.

No I honestly thought people would understand that she was my "sista" and not my "sister". Like i said, it's my fault for assuming everyone would understand. No autopsy, no foul as they say in basketball. It's not that big of a deal.

I posted before I read your explanation.
With that said...ok. So you think Bonzi is all that. Fine. To give her credit, she does start some interesting threads, but that's about it. Otherwise, she is not one of my fav posters here, not that that matters.

Oh Bonzi and I have had some spicy exchanges. :lol: Like I said...I don't often agree with her interpretation of scripture. But that's ok. I know her heart is in the right place

Band geek/nerd. Took first chair trumpet away from a senior my freshman year. Then I dropped out of HS altogether after my sophomore year. Turbulent times at home.

...We were called 'Band Fags'...

Yeah, I remember that one too. :rock:

Ironically, there was quite a bit of hetero hanky-pankage going on during some of those band trips. I had the good fortune of having a girlfriend who was a member of the auxiliary unit for the better part of my two seasons in the marching band. Good times.

Funny thing is, within the band group itself, we called the male auxiliary members "flaggots". :laugh: ................. :cry:

:lol: Actually I can't blame Gracie. I did refer to Bonzi as "my sister" so why wouldn't people think she is actually my biological sister, especially when I often refer to TrinityPower as my wife and she actually is. I took it for granted that people would understand that with Bonzi I was speaking metaphorically...or allegorically....or theoretically......or whatever. I always get those things mixed up ;) Frankly, it's my fault.

So for the record...Bonzi is NOT my biological sister. ;) She is just someone I respect for her convictions (although i frequently disagree with them), but I was not speaking that way about TrinityPower. She is my actual, real life, no bullshit wife.

I hope we have that cleared up

Geez, I was just commenting on the funny phrase. I've got nothing to do with the "other part" of this convo. :) Thanks for the information though! Lol.

Forum List

Back