What were you doing at 2:22 today ?

We're just happy to own a house that's paid for, 8 acres with our own clean well water ( we had 38, but sold some, and one of my wife's stupid sisters let IRS take 15 acres next to us which used to be woods-- now we have strange neighbors a football field away and it's like invasion of privacy I hate them already and they haven't moved in yet...) At least they're putting up a wooden privacy fence.....but if I see any drones over here I'm grabbing my 12 guage.

But 8 acres is still a lot so we're grateful.

There are some sweet deals around if you have the right connections.
I grew up on over 1,000 acre farm in Missouri. We still have that free & clear, but mostly rent it out the last 5 years. Did not want to bleed money with the China embargo. Plus without the right to repair modern farm equipment, small farm operations are getting very expensive.

I have houses in St. Louis, MO & Clearwater, FL & my brothers have properties in Dallas, TX & Clearwater, FL. So we move around to repair the different properties for a change of scenery.

There is more crime on our rural farm than houses in cities. I don't mind having neighbors close by. I'm usually the one disturbing the peace annoying them, but I keep my noise making out of the quiet hours & get a permit if construction is visible from street.

We usually buy several houses next to each other so we can install remote surveillance DVR cameras around them to keep an eye on them & tenants from anywhere via smart phone. They love the safety & the neighbors always call us if something happens on the street to see if we caught it on camera.

I grew up on over 1,000 acre farm in Missouri. We still have that free & clear, but mostly rent it out the last 5 years. Did not want to bleed money with the China embargo. Plus without the right to repair modern farm equipment, small farm operations are getting very expensive.

I have houses in St. Louis, MO & Clearwater, FL & my brothers have properties in Dallas, TX & Clearwater, FL. So we move around to repair the different properties for a change of scenery.

There is more crime on our rural farm than houses in cities. I don't mind having neighbors close by. I'm usually the one disturbing the peace annoying them, but I keep my noise making out of the quiet hours & get a permit if construction is visible from street.

We usually buy several houses next to each other so we can install remote surveillance DVR cameras around them to keep an eye on them & tenants from anywhere via smart phone. They love the safety & the neighbors always call us if something happens on the street to see if we caught it on camera.
So you have cameras to spy on the tenants ?
Now that could be fun.
1645578032237.png

Not a supersticious numbers person, but it's fun stuff.

So at 2:22 am I was snoozing away---at 2:22 pm, I was at work - nothing special or out-of-the-ordinary, although I wrote a check for $22 after work today, dated 2/22/22 which was cool.

Shopping in an antique store in Illinois.

I was drawing schematics for an electric/voice/ data reconfig around that time. Had to add in isolated grounds.

I no longer have a pilot license. Owning a jet is far to expensive and time consuming. Commercial air or NetJets is a way faster, easier & better deal.

If you don't fly a lot, sure. But I fly a ton. I flew out here to Indiana today. Weather sucks. I wanted to make Louisville but the storms were too much.

I do love Hawaii. I prefer Kauai, but Oahu is pretty damned nice too!
It feels weird being so far away from everyone else- but I could call it home easily. I liked the North shore vibe - we only went to Oahu - which gave us plenty to do in 2 very fast weeks...

My brother's a retired Marine and still has his shop
in Honolulu, but lives on the Big Island. He commutes 3 or 4 days a week .

It feels weird being so far away from everyone else- but I could call it home easily. I liked the North shore vibe - we only went to Oahu - which gave us plenty to do in 2 very fast weeks...

My brother's a retired Marine and still has his shop
in Honolulu, but lives on the Big Island. He commutes 3 or 4 days a week .

Yes, North Shore is very laid back.

Forum List

Back