What we learned after week one of college football

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Preseason wins against patsy opponents should not be counted.
Georgia has a patsy schedule all season

Why should they play anyone good? They are the defending champs. so they don't have to.

Alabama is the team with something to prove and who do play good teams this year.

They are the outsider since they will likely lose at least one of those games.

Georgia not even put the first string in till Alabama reaches them.

After the LSU loss, who is left other than Alabama?

1. Pencil in Georgia and Alabama in the SEC championship, winner takes all.

2. Ohio State is going way of Clemson.

3. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Duke has themselves a good football coach.

Georgia looks good again. Michigan and Florida State looked like legitimate contenders. Ohio State didn’t look good on offense. Colorado is a good story, all credit for the big road win, but let’s see if they can avoid a letdown this week. Duke probably has a chance to make some noise in the ACC. A top 3 finish in the conference may not be out of the question.

I might be mistaken, I don't follow football all that closely, BUT, I believe FSU was the only underdog in the Top Ten to obliterate their highly favored opponent, Louisana.

Brian Kelly didn't help their cause by proclaiming before the game that Louisana would "go beat the heck out of Florida State," on his radio show last Thursday.

Not that FSU looked like it needed any extra impetus to trounce LSU.

Why should they play anyone good? They are the defending champs. so they don't have to.

Alabama is the team with something to prove and who do play good teams this year.

Since LSU gets to play Alabama. LSU.

I might be mistaken, I don't follow football all that closely, BUT, I believe FSU was the only underdog in the Top Ten to obliterate their highly favored opponent, Louisana.

Brian Kelly didn't help their cause by proclaiming before the game that Louisana would "go beat the heck out of Florida State," on his radio show last Thursday.

Not that FSU looked like it needed any extra impetus to trounce LSU.
That is because Brian Kelly is trash.

He will never win a championship, but good enough to make people think he can.

LSU better get their shit together if they plan to beat Alabama.
LSU will have nothing to lose when they play Alabama. It's not like they are untalented or have a bad coach. If Alabama is undefeated or only has a single loss all the pressure is on them. LSU wont be expected to win and they will have had the luxury of prepping for that game for weeks something Alabama wont have. They play 4 ranked teams before that game. Tenn the week prior. LSU plays Army. Unfortunately for you Bama fans the schedule doesnt trend in your favor.

LSU will have nothing to lose when they play Alabama. It's not like they are untalented or have a bad coach. If Alabama is undefeated or only has a single loss all the pressure is on them. LSU wont be expected to win and they will have had the luxury of prepping for that game for weeks something Alabama wont have. They play 4 ranked teams before that game. Tenn the week prior. LSU plays Army. Unfortunately for you Bama fans the schedule doesnt trend in your favor.

It usually doesn't. Several years ago we played 3 or 4 teams during the season that had the previous week off.

But I don't think LSU has enough in the bag, coaching or players, to beat Bama.

It usually doesn't. Several years ago we played 3 or 4 teams during the season that had the previous week off.

But I don't think LSU has enough in the bag, coaching or players, to beat Bama.
And over the last 4 years they have split. They lost last year WITH Bryce Young. Milroe is a downgrade from Young. A significant downgrade.

Georgia plays in the SEC, Votto. With all due respect? Are there any teams in the SEC that AREN'T good teams?

Georgia plays in the SEC, Votto. With all due respect? Are there any teams in the SEC that AREN'T good teams?
I looked at their schedule and it looked like trash to me.

But I don't blame them.

After all, they won the championship last years so they have zero to prove

All they have to do is win against subpar teams and they are back in.

Playing subpar teams simply helps avoid injury.

They earned the right.

Forum List

Back