What we learned after week one of college football

Georgia plays in the SEC, Votto. With all due respect? Are there any teams in the SEC that AREN'T good teams?
UT Martin, Ball State, SC, UAB, UK, Vandy ,UF, Mizzo, and GT. None of those are good teams and on UGA's schedule. 5 of them are in the SEC. And the only teams that are more over rated year in and year out than Ole Miss are ND and Miss St.

I looked at their schedule and it looked like trash to me.

But I don't blame them.

After all, they won the championship last years so they have zero to prove

All they have to do is win against subpar teams and they are back in.

Playing subpar teams simply helps avoid injury.

They earned the right.
Hard to win three championships in a row, Votto. They don't make their conference schedule. The SEC is a bitch...day in and day out. Hardest conference in football and it's not even close.

Georgia plays in the SEC, Votto. With all due respect? Are there any teams in the SEC that AREN'T good teams?

Yes there are. While some of best teams are SEC, it doesn't mean all SEC are the best.

Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Arkansas are all power teams, Georgia doesn't play any of them.

Of the SEC teams Georgia does play, only 2 are ranked. And they are both the last 2 games of the season.

Georgia has a patsy schedule all season

Why should they play anyone good? They are the defending champs. so they don't have to.

Alabama is the team with something to prove and who do play good teams this year.

They are the outsider since they will likely lose at least one of those games.

Georgia not even put the first string in till Alabama reaches them.

After the LSU loss, who is left other than Alabama?
If you win a National Championship, you should have the hardest schedule of any team that year.

Prove your worth.

Yes there are. While some of best teams are SEC, it doesn't mean all SEC are the best.

Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Arkansas are all power teams, Georgia doesn't play any of them.

Of the SEC teams Georgia does play, only 2 are ranked. And they are both the last 2 games of the season.
On what planet is Arkansas a power team? They had 2 wins in 18 and 19. 3 in 20.

If you win a National Championship, you should have the hardest schedule of any team that year.

Prove your worth.
The rich just get richer

Its the way of the world, much like how Joe Biden does not even have to have a Presidential debate within his own party, even though his approval rating has dropped to 39% and he can barely walk and talk. He just pretends RFK does not even exist.

LMAO!

Prove your worth.
Most of their schedule is based solely on their conference. The other parts are set years in advance and are set by the team somhow would that work exactly?

Well shit. That was disappointing. Kudos to Texas and Sark. They came to play hard.

Still, at least we played someone with a pulse.

Well shit. That was disappointing. Kudos to Texas and Sark. They came to play hard.

Still, at least we played someone with a pulse.
At least they smashed your dreams early. Don’t worry they won’t drop out of the top 10 though they should.

At least they smashed your dreams early. Don’t worry they won’t drop out of the top 10 though they should.

I agree that we will probably stay in the top 10. The dreams aren't completely smashed. But long, long shots now.

Now I want to win the SEC West and beat Georgia in December.

1. Pencil in Georgia and Alabama in the SEC championship, winner takes all.

2. Ohio State is going way of Clemson.

3. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Texass beating Bama doesn't mean more of the same.

Georgia has a patsy schedule all season

Why should they play anyone good? They are the defending champs. so they don't have to.

Alabama is the team with something to prove and who do play good teams this year.

They are the outsider since they will likely lose at least one of those games.

Georgia not even put the first string in till Alabama reaches them.

After the LSU loss, who is left other than Alabama?
Texas?

I agree that we will probably stay in the top 10. The dreams aren't completely smashed. But long, long shots now.

Now I want to win the SEC West and beat Georgia in December.
Now you sound like a Michigan fan who just wants to beat Ohio state and win the big ten. Lol

Now you sound like a Michigan fan who just wants to beat Ohio state and win the big ten. Lol

No, it is the next logical title to go for. It is doubtful we will be selected for the playoffs. And being able to quiet the Dawg fans would be nice.

The only poll I have seen has Bama at #13.

But there are still 10 games to play. Yes, we can still win the SEC West and meet Georgia in the SEC Championship.
Just so you know when I watch bama I think of you. I like you but not bama. So in a fun way I’m rooting against bama because of you and that makes college football more fun. Thank you.

Im going to start a thread “whos your favorite team” if one hasn’t already been started.

You can pretty much guarantee the top ten power rankings start of each yr……SEC SEC BIG Ten SEC BIG ten ACC ND SEC. Yawning. Little schools KState FSU CIN never given a shot until forced to do so. Fake news MSM determines rankings. LSU ND always a seat at table even when both are mediocre. Whars’ 12-0 CFU in past years? Loyola-CHI in BBALL? Same in NCAABB. I don’t fall for fake news MSM nonsense.

Forum List

Back