What Was Your First Success In Life?....

Standing up to my sister when I was 5. She was 11. She was very bossy and a bully.
I'm not sure it was really a success as I had to pull a kitchen knife on her to shut her up. She ran out the front door and didn't bother me much after that. So I consider it a success.
So now you stand up to bullies all the time right?

I joined the US Navy. I went in a worthless long haired loser with no future and I came out a mature adult with a bright future. I went to college, graduated with a BS in Respiratory Care, got my nursing degree, then went to perfusion school, worked my way up in that company to a manager. I am 7 years from retirement, I have a house, a beautiful wife, and 5 daughters. I owe it all to the US Navy.

What a awesome story...5 girls..wow..well living with 6...haa you deserve a metal...

It seems no one felt they had any successes prior to hitting the age of 18. I will use my example. My auntie is 4 years older than me. She would make me do her homework before I ever entered school. I didnt know I wasnt supposed to be able to do it. That lesson stayed with me for my entire life. There is absolutely nothing I cant learn to do that another human knows.
Too funny that she made you do her homework...did she turn into a boss later in life?

I would say that earlier that 18 ...I was in the girl scouts and serious was up to my waist in snow going door to door selling the box of cookies for .50 cents...lol I had a whole Sash full of badges..

It has helped my soooooo much in life , being prepared. with my children, camping..gee many thing,
Come to think of it she is a boss. She owns her own company with three employees.

For some reason I thought you were a guy.

Standing up to my sister when I was 5. She was 11. She was very bossy and a bully.
I'm not sure it was really a success as I had to pull a kitchen knife on her to shut her up. She ran out the front door and didn't bother me much after that. So I consider it a success.
So now you stand up to bullies all the time right?

Depends on how far they push me. But I don't tolerate much. Unless they have a gun to my head, and even then..... some things are worth dying for......

Wow. No wonder...

Ha Ha, Bonzi! My sister locked me out of the house (I was 14 I think..she was 16) and was doing the neener neener at me thru the plate glass window of the Sun Room. Um. Not a good idea, which she found out. I just punched my fist right through the glass and in to her face. Still have the scar too. So does she.

She never locked me out again.

I am colorblind and I could read at an early age.

These two facts were discovered upon my entrance to kindergarten when I passed the "What Color is This Crayon?" test by picking up each crayon and reading the color printed on it.

Colorblind Test: FAIL
First grade Reading Test: PASS

Some people can only learn the hard way. It's not our fault.....

Unfortunately, i would fight my older cousin that was the same age as my auntie. I never could get the best of him but to this day he tells me he admired me for going toe to toe with him even though he was much bigger than me at the time. I guess never backing down was some sort of a victory because I never have had a fear of overwhelming odds.

Unfortunately, i would fight my older cousin that was the same age as my auntie. I never could get the best of him but to this day he tells me he admired me for going toe to toe with him even though he was much bigger than me at the time. I guess never backing down was some sort of a victory because I never have had a fear of overwhelming odds.
I was known as the "neighborhood peacemaker" mainly because my sister would always quit the game when there was a dispute. I had to step up and make peace so we could all get back to the game.

That formed my altruistic side.

Moderation Note:

Just want to make an observation here. We're experience a leak in the containment fence around the Flame Zone.
And if you've seen Jurassic Park --- you just KNOW somebody's gonna get eaten.. So if you are in these threads outside the FZ --- respect the OP's decision and have an "adult conversation". Otherwise -- we're gonna ship threads back into the proper dark room..

Forum List

Back