What Trump getting booed can teach us about this COVID moment

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
At a rally in Alabama this weekend, former President Donald Trump was booed by supporters for forcefully endorsing vaccination against COVID-19. The spectacle seemed to encapsulate the complexity of the nation’s current COVID moment.

“I believe totally in your freedoms. I do. You’ve got to do what you have to do,” Trump told his audience. "But I recommend: Take the vaccines. I did it – it's good."

"I think the booing is super interesting," he said. "Trump is an identity leader. He's rallied a group of people who really strongly identify with him personally and with this oppositional identity to the left. ... What the booing reveals is that identity-based leadership is a double-edged sword, because people only embrace you as their leader if they think, 'you're one of us.'"

Trump Humpers booing Trump, unbelievable.

Is this a nothing burger or should Trump be worried.

At a rally in Alabama this weekend, former President Donald Trump was booed by supporters for forcefully endorsing vaccination against COVID-19. The spectacle seemed to encapsulate the complexity of the nation’s current COVID moment.

“I believe totally in your freedoms. I do. You’ve got to do what you have to do,” Trump told his audience. "But I recommend: Take the vaccines. I did it – it's good."

"I think the booing is super interesting," he said. "Trump is an identity leader. He's rallied a group of people who really strongly identify with him personally and with this oppositional identity to the left. ... What the booing reveals is that identity-based leadership is a double-edged sword, because people only embrace you as their leader if they think, 'you're one of us.'"

At the moment, it's a nothing burger...until that is..the movement outgrows the man and can move along without him. By booing Trump this past weekend, you see the man beginning to lose control of the movement. It's starting to move beyond the man. Which means, eventually, the movement will find another man that more closely conforms with their beliefs. Now THAT could spell trouble for Trump. And I couldn't think of a worse fate for a media spotlight hog like Trump....to be completely, and totally IGNORED and FORGOTTEN. Irrelevant. It would eat him alive. :)

Sorry...frankly this is nothing, means nothing, absolutely nothing...Covid is an after thought....Xiden has created the largest biggest foreign policy disaster in US history....that's the issue we are facing today and at the moment....

What does it tell you?

There are no Trump humpers. He was not the movement. He was the tool of the movement.

You can take him out, but you will never take us out, and this fight is about to getting really close to physical.

Yeah, agreed, I think Trump should worry. Don't let your people get ahead of you! A leader is supposed to be at the FRONT, not left way behind.

He was pretty polite about it, from your article, unlike the bad people on this forum who order everyone around like jack-booted Hitlers, but still ---- that's why they booed. Basically it wasn't his business what people do about their own health. And it's obvious that the whole vaccine/mask situation was a pile of lies or at least gross errors from the word Go.

To Make America Great Again everyone needs to learn, learn to mind their own business and respect that everyone else will do the same. And respect whatever they decide and don't keep asking and harassing and propagandizing and virtue signaling.

What does it tell you?

There are no Trump humpers. He was not the movement. He was the tool of the movement.

You can take him out, but you will never take us out, and this fight is about to getting really close to physical.
I've given up. It looked like it for awhile, but I guess nothing will happen but a long, slow decline.

He started leading the pandemic anti-public health movement with his BS a long time ago, using his steady drivel of ignorant influence, and it is not possible for him to stand in front of it to stop it now at this point. It is like gravity. He started the ball rolling down the hole, but the mass is not going to be stopped by him holding up a stop sign. They will roll right over him, without slowing down.

What the booing tells me is that there are still people out there who will support someone without requiring 100% agreement .

People on the left don't get that.

He started leading the pandemic anti-public health movement with his BS a long time ago, using his steady drivel of ignorant influence, and it is not possible for him to stand in front of it to stop it now at this point. It is like gravity. He started the ball rolling down the hole, but the mass is not going to be stopped by him holding up a stop sign. They will roll right over him, without slowing down.
That's absurd

These vaccines are the only thing that could destroy Trump's awesome legacy. If things go even further south with the after effects of these mRNA treatments, you know all the dems who currently deny him any credit for them will be putting all the blame on Trump.

Superbadbrutha TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1629921576044.png

Attachments

• 1629921533203.png
    1629921533203.png
    688.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:
These vaccines are the only thing that could destroy Trump's awesome legacy. If things go even further south with the after effects of these mRNA treatments, you know all the dems who currently deny him any credit for them will be putting all the blame on Trump.
Trump's awesome legacy.???WHAT!!???

Sorry...frankly this is nothing, means nothing, absolutely nothing...Covid is an after thought....Xiden has created the largest biggest foreign policy disaster in US history....that's the issue we are facing today and at the moment....
Time to end the war.....that is not a foreign policy disaster........tho it might be a financial disaster for those who invest heavily in the military-industrial complex.

Forum List

Back