What to do if you actually use your legal gun in justified self defense.......what do you tell the cops?

The first thing is to inform 911 that you had to use your firearm, and if the perpetrator requires you to keep your firearm on them. If not alone, send someone outside to inform the cops of the exact situation.

If the perpetrator is no longer a threat, place your firearm in plain sight, a good distance away from yourself, unloaded.

If the perpetrator is a threat, try to get them in an easily visible area, and always keep your firearm pointed at them.

Follow all police directions when they are onsite.

I've had to use my firearm twice in my life. It's not something I'd necessarily want to do again.

In the first instance, which was about 15 years ago, before I could even open my mouth the cop told me to say nothing to him; make no statement other than I wanted an attorney.

In the second instance, here in Florida about four years ago, as soon as the police started to ask me questions I told them I wanted my attorney. The cop said "excellent choice".

In both instances I was taken into custody (not completely unexpected) and released and never charged.

I'm a pretty smart guy, and I'm smart enough to know to allow those who know how to handle this type of stuff to do it...

Last edited:
I was scared...........fear for my life...........are you sure there are no more around..........then piss yourself.

COULD YOU LOCK ME UP.........THEY CAN'T GET ME IN JAIL.

The Marines have an acronym- OSOK- when all else fails, keep pulling the trigger and carry extra magazines loaded.

Dead men tell no tales.

Just out of curiosity ... what is "OSOK" an acronym of? ... shouldn't it be WAEFKPTTACEML ...
It;s overrated............2 rounds center mass was standard training for Master at Arms Navy...........dang grunts.......LMAO

Here is a good look at what you should do and say if you are ever attacked by a criminal and have to shoot in self defense...

Excellent.
THANK YOU.png

The Marines have an acronym- OSOK- when all else fails, keep pulling the trigger and carry extra magazines loaded.

Dead men tell no tales.

Yes, that always swings the court in your favor: the guy was down after 2 shots but you put 15 more in him for good measure till your mag ran dry.

Only the cops get to do that. :SMILEW~130:

And then, when you pulled his heart out and ate it...I imagine that wouldn't go over well in court too....

In times like this it's a good idea to join the NRA for firearm instruction and get a (discounted for NRA members) book that tailors the legal aspects of firearms defense by state. You need to know the state and local law if you intend to defend your home and property with deadly force.

Dead men tell no tales.

Yes, that always swings the court in your favor: the guy was down after 2 shots but you put 15 more in him for good measure till your mag ran dry.

Only the cops get to do that. :SMILEW~130:
My finger cramped up from adrenalin thus causing the multiple trigger pulls....

Forum List

Back