What the US can learn from New Zealand political discourse

There is nothing as corrosive and damaging to the American political discourse as the right wing alternative facts machine.

“When you look at the numbers, New Zealanders have essentially been satisfied with their government since 1999,” said Stephen Mills, the head of UMR, Labour’s polling firm. That period had spanned two Labour and two centre-right National prime ministers – including Ardern – all of whom had led fairly moderate governments.

“A huge reason that our politics is not so extremely polarised and so far out there is because we no longer have Murdoch-owned press in New Zealand, and it’s never taken a foothold,” said David Cormack, the co-founder of a public relations firm and a former head of policy and communications for the left-leaning Green party.

Why New Zealand rejected populist ideas other nations have embraced

So...... countries without Democrats, like their government more.

Yeah, I would agree with that.

Mac-7

You show the meanwhile typical US-American behavior. You think you know something about a special subject - here in this case the reasons why Germans do not agree any longer with the politics of the USA. And with this not-knowledge you like to solve not existing problems. For example the not existing problems of the USA with New Zealand, which could give you a chance to reflect the own way. And the solution for your not existing problems is always the same: The USA is great and all others are enemies of the USA.

From my point of view: The New Zealanders impressed me very deep and more than only one time during the last years. The USA appelled me in many ways - specially during the lasts years. And what has both to do with each other? Nearly nothing! New Zealand is just simple a better role model for us here in Germany in context of a unified plural society. And the USA is not any model at all - except someone likes to risk a civil war without any need to have to do so.

Last edited:
Mac-7

You show the meanwhile typical US-American behavior. You think you know something about a special subject - here in this case the reasons why Germans do not agree any longer with the politics of the USA. And with this not-knowledge you like to solve not existing problems. For example the not existing problems of the USA with New Zealand, which could give you a chance to reflect the own way. And the solution for your not existing problems is always the same: The USA is great and all others are enemies of the USA.

From my point of view: The New Zealanders impressed me very deep and more than only one time during the last years. The USA appelled me in many ways - specially during the lasts years. And what has both to do with each other? Nearly nothing! New Zealand is just simple a better role model for us here in Germany in context of a unified plural society. And the USA is not any model at all - except someone likes to risk a civil war without any need to have to do so.

I notice that germans and new zealanders who post on this forum have one thing in common.

you both dislike America and have traveled thousands of miles through the internet to tell us all about it

so I say again.

I’m not trying to tell you or them what to do in your own country

if you prefer russia, iran and especially china over America I think thats very unwise.

bad for you and bad for us

but as long as you dont make war against America its your choice who your friends are

Mac-7

I notice that germans and new zealanders who post on this forum have one thing in common.

you both dislike America and have traveled thousands of miles through the internet to tell us all about it

so I say again.

I’m not trying to tell you or them what to do in your own country

if you prefer russia, iran and especially china over America I think thats very unwise.

bad for you and bad for us

but as long as you dont make war against America its your choice who your friends are

And what do you expect now what I should answer?

There is nothing as corrosive and damaging to the American political discourse as the right wing alternative facts machine.

“When you look at the numbers, New Zealanders have essentially been satisfied with their government since 1999,” said Stephen Mills, the head of UMR, Labour’s polling firm. That period had spanned two Labour and two centre-right National prime ministers – including Ardern – all of whom had led fairly moderate governments.

“A huge reason that our politics is not so extremely polarised and so far out there is because we no longer have Murdoch-owned press in New Zealand, and it’s never taken a foothold,” said David Cormack, the co-founder of a public relations firm and a former head of policy and communications for the left-leaning Green party.

So what your saying is America is not the greatest nation ever on the face of this Earth. and you want to live in New Zealand. Go for it. Follow your dreams and please take a democrat under each arm with you.

And what do you expect now what I should answer?
Sometimes saying nothing is the best answer

Only to make one of your basic errors clear: The USA declared war against Germany in many ways during the last years by fighting against world economy, by fighting against the European Union and by fighting against the sovereignity of Germany. So you are in war with Germany - but we are not in war with the USA.

And why do you write here when you are not interested to learn from strange nations something about the USA? The theme here is: "What the US can learn from New Zealand"

Last edited:

So what your saying is America is not the greatest nation ever on the face of this Earth. and you want to live in New Zealand. Go for it. Follow your dreams and please take a democrat under each arm with you.

And that's for example something what no one understands who speaks with US-Americans. What kind of absurdity is this?

Roughly said: Makes sugar in the ass of US-Americans your nation great? There was a time when the USA was proud to overtake the best ideas from all nations of the world. ...

Last edited:
So far you dummies are suggesting there is nothing to learn from other places. Stop eating your Italian and Chinese food cuz it was designed somewhere else!

It’s very clear that the disinformation embraced from the right is complicating a free and open society. I’m not an advocate of shutting down a free press but there should be easier legal remedies for the lies propagated by the filthy right.

1 Give me the biggest example of these lies.

2. Give me an example of a "legal remedy".

3. What do you think of how the courts are addressing the Covington Kid Case?

ANd Tatr5sk what no ojne uhdnrtadn whi sopeloka io9wth US-ae4icasns. What kind of absurdity is this?
dam ...let me get my decoder ring out.....

Only to make one of your basic errors clear: The USA declared war against Germany in many ways during the last years by fighting against world economy,
by “fighting against the world economy“ what you really mean is preserving the American economy by not allowing America workers to be displaced by foreign workers

and as long as Trump is president that will be US policy

the main threat is from china

but to the extent that hostile germans are making decisions for their country we have to deal with that too

The theme here is: "What the US can learn from New Zealand"
I think we can learn from mistakes that new zealand has made in its dealing with china.

the difference in size of the two economies makes a small country like NZ very vulnerable to a chinese takeover

and if progressives around the world have their way the same could happen to America (and germany) someday

Orrrrrr..... the article is saying that New Zealand politics has not been polluted by the Murdoch news machine so discourse is tolerable and healthy. Seems like a simple enough concept to get. Don’t know how your pea brain concluded I wanted to move from here to there. I like Sushi too. I don’t want to move to Japan dumbass.

So far you dummies are suggesting there is nothing to learn from other places. Stop eating your Italian and Chinese food cuz it was designed somewhere else!

It’s very clear that the disinformation embraced from the right is complicating a free and open society. I’m not an advocate of shutting down a free press but there should be easier legal remedies for the lies propagated by the filthy right.

1. Seth Rich, Pizzagate, Vince Foster, Birth of Obama, Ted Cruz father, Scalias death, vaccines and autism, cheering 9/11 Muslims in NJ, climate change, Scarborough killed his intern, wire tapping by Obama, 3 million fake voters, fake PR hurricane deaths, windmills cause cancer, Clintons killed Epstein, Biden/Ukraine, Crowdstrike BS... that’s top of my head.

2. Remedy - shot in public in the head... or maybe just a little less severe as I actually haven’t written a law for it yet but I’d suggest raising the responsibility level you have to put information out there. A retweet fine of $500 for being a moron and retweeting seal team 6 was killed and bin Bin Ladin is alive?

3. I think it was settled monetarily for poor vetting of a story.

1. Seth Rich, Pizzagate, Vince Foster, Birth of Obama, Ted Cruz father, Scalias death, vaccines and autism, cheering 9/11 Muslims in NJ, climate change, Scarborough killed his intern, wire tapping by Obama, 3 million fake voters, fake PR hurricane deaths, windmills cause cancer, Clintons killed Epstein, Biden/Ukraine, Crowdstrike BS... that’s top of my head.

2. Remedy - shot in public in the head... or maybe just a little less severe as I actually haven’t written a law for it yet but I’d suggest raising the responsibility level you have to put information out there. A retweet fine of $500 for being a moron and retweeting seal team 6 was killed and bin Bin Ladin is alive?

1. I see you are too stupid to count to one. Try again, retard.

2. Said the man that can't count to one, or (see point 3)

3 This was not about vetting. They were happy to lie to serve the narrative, YOUR narrative and ruining a kids life was just the cost of doing business.

3 This was not about vetting. They were happy to lie to serve the narrative, YOUR narrative and ruining a kids life was just the cost of doing business.
Why do I even try? I lay out a solid recap of Fox News Murdick right wing nuttery as I was asked and you go to name calling. Just raise a flag that says “Im with stupid” next time you are alone.

Why do I even try? I lay out a solid recap of Fox News Murdick right wing nuttery as I was asked and you go to name calling. Just raise a flag that says “Im with stupid” next time you are alone.

Seth Rich, Pizzagate, Vince Foster, Birth of Obama, Ted Cruz father, Scalias death, vaccines and autism, cheering 9/11 Muslims in NJ, climate change, Scarborough killed his intern, wire tapping by Obama, 3 million fake voters, fake PR hurricane deaths, windmills cause cancer, Clintons killed Epstein, Biden/Ukraine, Crowdstrike BS... that’s top of my head.
Those are myths that liberals will never give up believing in

Seth Rich, Pizzagate, Vince Foster, Birth of Obama, Ted Cruz father, Scalias death, vaccines and autism, cheering 9/11 Muslims in NJ, climate change, Scarborough killed his intern, wire tapping by Obama, 3 million fake voters, fake PR hurricane deaths, windmills cause cancer, Clintons killed Epstein, Biden/Ukraine, Crowdstrike BS... that’s top of my head.
Those are myths that liberals will never give up believing in

I asked him for AN example for discussion purposes, and he posts a Gish Gallop pile of shit.

That is not a serious answer, and he is a dishonest retard, too stupid to count to ONE.

Forum List

Back