What the US can learn from New Zealand political discourse

You mistake me for someone who wants power over others. I have no desire to have power over anybody. At all. Alternatively, I don't like to be told what to do if it is unreasonable. If it is reasonable, I will certainly listen to the POV.

I have sigs turned off. Have no idea what yours says.

Nah, you just enable lefty power seekers, either as a fellow traveler, or as an idiot.

And my sig is a C.S. Lewis quote:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience

That may be the case in practice and on the statutes. In my 50+ years Liz has had no effect on my life. Nor will she in the future. Believe it or not - and it is not really important here nor there whether you do - the monarchy acts as a check and balance. If necessary. It has never been necessary. One thing you have to realise about Liz, is that she can't designate anything over anybody. Not even in the UK. In fact, she is at pains NOT to have an opinion on the running of the country. She realises - and has stated many times - the Crown is a figurehead. Nothing more.

In theory your constitution is a great document, but many tenets of it suck. It is also not lost on me that many of the people who wrote the thing were slave owners and belonged to an elitist class and were the only people in the country that were allowed to vote.

That being said, even if you are a citizen, I restate, I have more freedoms than you. So you can sit there on your pedestal crowing about your citizenship, and good on you. But I put about as much stock in that designation as I do with the DDR and PRNK. Both have/had the word 'democratic' in their respective country's name, but neither are/were democratic.

As I said, am more than happy to discuss my freedoms over yours.

Dude, your constitutional documents are based on writing of people who owned serfs, potato, potoatoe.

It's the side you are arguing on. It's one of the more bizarre stupid leftist tricks. When you disagree with Democrats, you attack the people who disagree with Democrats and everyone is supposed to know then that you disagree with Democrats.

So why don't you speak up then? Why don't you tell any of the moron Democrats supporting stupid shit like CRT that babies aren't racist? And whites aren't racist just because they are white?

When you put on a white robe and hang out with the clan, then yes, people will think you're in the clan
I'm not even a Democrat you tool.
Yes, whites are racist. Everybody is to a degree. Which part of 'everybody' don't you understand?

if you are engaging with me you are taking their side.
That's probably the biggest issue with US politics. You only have two sides. No nuance. Either you are with us or against us. In NZ, at any one time, there is usually between 5-8 political parties in parliament. It is very rare - as is the case with the current government - to have an outright majority. I like it that most times there isn't. It means parties have to reach consensus and compromise. No one party rides rough shod over another. Life is full of compromises. That is probably why countries like those in the Nordic regions, and NZ, score high on the happiness index. Consistently.

Yeah, you got me. I always go around making up medical conditions.

The irony being that people usually expect in others what you are yourself. So you're a liar and you expect other people to be.

I'm not surprised that's what you are

As far as I am able to see it makes not any sense to smoke marijuana in case of a growing problem with the blood creating system, which causes on its own problems with the immune system, the oxygen system - and perhaps much more metabolic disorders. The only function of marijuana which I see in such a context is the function of a sedativum because of anxiety states. So why not to use another sedativum? Why has it to be marijuana?

Last edited:
That's probably the biggest issue with US politics. You only have two sides. No nuance. Either you are with us or against us. In NZ, at any one time, there is usually between 5-8 political parties in parliament. It is very rare - as is the case with the current government - to have an outright majority. I like it that most times there isn't. It means parties have to reach consensus and compromise. No one party rides rough shod over another. Life is full of compromises. That is probably why countries like those in the Nordic regions, and NZ, score high on the happiness index. Consistently.

Or you are all just sheep.

As far as I am able to see it makes not any sense to smoke marijuana in case of a growing problem with the blood creating system, which causes on its own problems with the immune system, the oxygen system - and perhaps much more metabolic disorders. The only function of marijuana which I see in such a context is the function of a sedativum because of anxiety states. So why not to use another sedativum? Why has it to be marijuana?

As I said, when someone says you are so distrustful you think I would make up medical conditions, my experience is that is because you are the sort of person who is that totally dishonest and you expect from others what you would do.

So you don't believe a word I say, I don't believe a word you say. That being the case ...

[\discussion]

I'm not even a Democrat you tool.
Yes, whites are racist. Everybody is to a degree. Which part of 'everybody' don't you understand?

When you get on a site every day and endlessly advocate the Democrat party, you are a Democrat. You don't even know you're a tool

When you get on a site every day and endlessly advocate the Democrat party, you are a Democrat. You don't even know you're a tool
You mean like how I am against abortion and affirmative action? Those kinds of Democrat planks? You wouldn't know how to think outside the square if I drew you a map and took you through it step-by-step. You live in a country that can only think in two trains of thought. Dumb as. Like you.

Forum List

Back