What the Quran really says

The quran states the sun has an orbit, and I am here to tell you that in spite of what Imams say it meant the sun orbits the earth.

Imams say that the quran is a great revelation because the sun has an orbit in the galaxy and Muhammad knew that. I say cobblers. The quran is saying the sun orbits the earth.
For one thing everyone in Muhammad's time thought that, and he lived from 570 to 632 ad

It was not until the time of Copernicus (1473 to 1534 ad) that he wrote a paper showing the sun is the center of the solar system.

De revolutionibus orbium coelestium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Therefore nobody knew that in the time of Muhammad and neither did he, so I will bet any amount of money that the quran is saying the sun orbits the flat earth in a semi circle.

Thereby proving the quran is not a message from God.

So you just ignored the meaning and what scholars say it speaks of so you feel better about lying to yourself? Wording things in a way so people won't notice won't confuse people, no one here is stupid and if they were really concerned of that verse they would read a translation of the chapter....:rolleyes:

So you just ignored the meaning and what scholars say it speaks of so you feel better about lying to yourself? Wording things in a way so people won't notice won't confuse people, no one here is stupid and if they were really concerned of that verse they would read a translation of the chapter....:rolleyes:

The quran states the sun has an orbit, see for yourself.

quran sura 21:33
Pickthall And He it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They float, each in an orbit.
Yusuf Ali It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.
Hilali-Khan And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit floating.
Shakir And He it is Who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all (orbs) travel along swiftly in their celestial spheres.
Sher Ali And HE it is Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each gliding along smoothly in its orbit.
Khalifa And He is the One who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon; each floating in its own orbit.
Arberry It is He who created the night and the day, the sun and the moon, each swimming in a sky.
Palmer He it is who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each floating in a sky.
Rodwell And He it is who hath created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each moving swiftly in its sphere.
Sale It is he who hath created the night, and the day, and the sun, and the moon; all [the celestial bodies] move swiftly, [each] in [its respective] orb.

quran sura 36:40
Pickthall It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day. They float each in an orbit.
Yusuf Ali It is not permitted to the Sun to catch up the Moon, nor can the Night outstrip the Day: Each (just) swims along in (its own) orbit (according to Law).
Hilali-Khan It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor does the night outstrip the day. They all float, each in an orbit.
Shakir Neither is it allowable to the sun that it should overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day; and all float on in a sphere. Sher Ali It is not for the sun to overtake the moon, nor can the night outstrip the day. All of them float smoothly in an orbit.
Khalifa The sun is never to catch up with the moon - the night and the day never deviate - each of them is floating in its own orbit.
Arberry It behoves not the sun to overtake the moon, neither does the night outstrip the day, each swimming in a sky.
Palmer Neither is it proper for it to catch up the moon, nor for the night to outstrip the day, but each one floats on in its sky.
Rodwell To the Sun it is not given to overtake the Moon, nor doth the night outstrip the day; but each in its own sphere doth journey on.
Sale It is not expedient that the sun should overtake the moon [in her course]; neither doth the night outstrip the day: But each [of these luminaries] moveth in a [peculiar] orbit.

The word Falak (falaken with accentuation) does not mean Orbit. The word for Orbit is Madar. Falak means space

It's translated wrong. Secondly, it doesn't say the Sun orbits around the earth, it says the Sun has an orbit. Which is true.

The word Falak (falaken with accentuation) does not mean Orbit. The word for Orbit is Madar. Falak means space

It's translated wrong. Secondly, it doesn't say the Sun orbits around the earth, it says the Sun has an orbit. Which is true.

al-Anbiya 21:33
Transliteration Wahuwa allathee khalaqa allayla waalnnahara waalshshamsa waalqamara kullun fee falakin yasbahoona

So all the translations are wrong, and you are right? In any case you then go on to say the sun has an orbit.

But it is completely obvious to a brain dead mule that the quran means the sun orbits the earth. You are buying in to the confidence trickery of Imams who claim the quran means the sun orbits in the galaxy, but that is all lies.

Imams have no choice but to keep defending the obvious flaws in the quran or there would be no more Islam, and the mosques coffers would be empty.

It doesn't say anywhere that the Sun orbits the Earth. You wish it was that way because you're a pathetic hater and liar.

It specifically says the Sun has an orbit. And that IS true. You have no case you huge failure.

It doesn't say anywhere that the Sun orbits the Earth. You wish it was that way because you're a pathetic hater and liar.

It specifically says the Sun has an orbit. And that IS true. You have no case you huge failure.

Next you will be telling us that the sun goes to its resting place.

Well the quran does say that too, and it is confirmed by a reputable hadith.

sura 36.38 And the Sun runs on unto a resting place for him, That is the measuring of the mighty and wise.

sura 36.39 And for the Moon. We have appointed mansions till she return like an old shriveled leaf

The Sun does not run to a resting place, not unless you believe Greek mythology. Besides the quran goes on to say.

sura 25.61 Blessed be he who has placed in the heaven mansions of stars, and has placed therin a great lamp and a moon giving light.

sura 71.16 And has made the Moon a light therein, and made the Sun a lamp.

These verses show Muhammed calls the Moon a light, which makes clear he did not know it was reflecting the Suns light. He clearly regards the Sun and Moon as separate sources of light, one for the day and the other for night.

Sura 81.1 When the Sun is overthrown.
sura 81.2 And when the Stars fall.

The Stars will never fall as they are outside our gravity. In fact the Universe is expanding at an accelerating rate. But Muhammed thinks the Stars are just lamps to throw at devils, not distant Suns. as proved below.

Sura 67.5 And verily we have beautified the worlds heaven with lamps. And we have made them missiles for devils.

The following from Hadith Bukhari confirms that Muhammad thought the sun went to a resting place.

Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

Next you will be telling us that the sun goes to its resting place.

Well the quran does say that too, and it is confirmed by a reputable hadith.

When caught with your pants upside down divert the topic. :lol::lol::lol:

So, what? Now you're gonna tell us the Sun doesn't have an orbit? So you tried getting away with lying already and making up your own belief of what is and what isn't.

No, next you're gonna try the same thing over and over like a moron and keep getting proven wrong.

Respected writers, who have taken the Hadith in terms of its apparent sense, have laid down three probabilities concerning the setting: (1) That
it may refer to the setting in the main part of populated areas, that is, of a place the setting of the sun where it holds good for its setting for the
majority of the population of the world; (2) that it be the setting of the Equator; or (3) the setting on the horizon of Madinah. Thus, the difficulty
that the setting and rising of the sun is a phenomenon which keeps manifesting itself all the time, every moment, does not remain there, because this Hadith is talking about the setting of a particular horizon.

And when it stands clarified from the statements of the Qur'an and Sunnah that the Divine Throne, the 'Arsh of the Rahman, surrounds all heavens and stars and surfaces, it is already obvious that the sun is nowhere but under the 'Arsh, at all times and at every place. And when experience bears out that the time the sun is setting at one place, it is also rising at another. Therefore, no moment of the sun is free of either rising
or setting. Thus, the being of the sun under the 'Arsh is also perennial under all states and so is its setting and rising. Therefore, the outcome of the subject mentioned in the Hadith is that the sun, in its entire orbit,
remains in the state of prostration (Sajdah) before Allah under the 'Arsh, that is, it moves under His permission and command.

I stake my immortal soul on it that the quran means the sun orbits the earth.

No way in hell did Muhammad mean the sun had an orbit in the galaxy. That is precisely what I mean by Imams and muslim scholars twisting the meaning of the quran, to keep muslims scraping their heads on their prayer mats.

That Hadith at the end of your post also says one day the Sun will rise from the West. I believe that's the sign of day of judgement.

I stake my immortal soul on it that the quran means the sun orbits the earth.

No way in hell did Muhammad mean the sun had an orbit in the galaxy. That is precisely what I mean by Imams and muslim scholars twisting the meaning of the quran, to keep muslims scraping their heads on their prayer mats.

Nope, God specifically said the Sun has an orbit and it doesn't say it orbits the earth anywhere in the Quran. So you're still being ignorant and coming up with excuses for something the Quran doesn't say.

That Hadith at the end of your post also says one day the Sun will rise from the West. I believe that's the sign of day of judgement.

and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west.

That is a clear indication that the hadith is saying the sun orbits the earth. If it can change direction and rise in the west.:eusa_clap:

Islam haters like Dajjal are very pathetic people indeed.

We muslims have no doubt about the accuracy and authenticity of every word and letter of the Qur'an.

Yet sad creatures like him wallow in pure futility.

Hammering away day and night on their keyboard; hoping someone, somewhere, will pay attention to them.

When in reality, the muslim people ignore his pedantic rants; and the average non muslim person could care less about his convoluted anti-Islamic tirades.

Such a vapid existence......... :cool:

We muslims have no doubt about the accuracy and authenticity of every word and letter of the Qur'an.

Hammering away day and night on their keyboard; hoping someone, somewhere, will pay attention to them.

When in reality, the muslim people ignore his pedantic rants; and the average non muslim person could care less about his convoluted anti-Islamic tirades.

If muslims had not crashed planes into the world trade center I would not care what they believed. But muslims cannot be allowed to go on in ignorance when it makes some of them dangerous. Therefore I will continue to point out what I consider to be the truth.

BECAUSE I BELIEVE EVERY WORD I TYPE.

I am sure that makes me different from the so called muslim scholars who must know the quran is full of crap, but twist every dubious verse into something it does not mean.

and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west.

That is a clear indication that the hadith is saying the sun orbits the earth. If it can change direction and rise in the west.:eusa_clap:

No, that's a Hadith about the end of the world. And I already addressed it above. You're a huge failure still. And you try to use another twist after your lie after lie by claiming scholars twist things up, even though its always been interpreted like that.

He calls himself 'Dajjal' ....which means 'The Deceiver' ...that's his intention as he describes himself....:cool:

If muslims had not crashed planes into the world trade center I would not care what they believed. But muslims cannot be allowed to go on in ignorance when it makes some of them dangerous. Therefore I will continue to point out what I consider to be the truth.

BECAUSE I BELIEVE EVERY WORD I TYPE.

I am sure that makes me different from the so called muslim scholars who must know the quran is full of crap, but twist every dubious verse into something it does not mean.

What about the people who don't believe Muslims did 9/11? And what does that have to do with your repetitive lying and 'discussion' about religion.

And no, they don't 'know' it's full of crap. You're full of crap.

No, that's a Hadith about the end of the world. And I already addressed it above. You're a huge failure still. And you try to use another twist after your lie after lie by claiming scholars twist things up, even though its always been interpreted like that.

Have you ever heard of Logic?:razz:

Forum List

Back