What sort of depraved monsters boil turtles alive?

You are a total walking contradiction.

You talk Value system, but you reject Christianity, the basis of moral values.

What value system do you base your life on, the one who protects the lives of little girls, or the one who casts baby girls in the Ganges river?

Thanks. At least this has some connection to something in the thread. That other guy... :cuckoo:

Everything has some value system. I just note the common thread of death that runs through ours in our various pop culture icons. Roadkill. Football. Space invaders. The Bourne Legacy or whatever it's called. Guns. Crucifixion. Wars. Cockfighting. Police TV shows. Rap. Torture in the war theater. Domestic violence. Violence in general. It's all part of the same value system.

Given that, it's not reasonable for the OP to suddenly wince because somebody boils a turtle.

Last edited:

What value system do you base your life on, the one who protects the lives of little girls, or the one who casts baby girls in the Ganges river?

Wait, what? Christianity is THE basis of moral values? There was no morality before Christianity, and there is no morality without it?

Maybe I'm missing something, and if so I apologize, but this leaped out at me.

Wait, what? Christianity is THE basis of moral values? There was no morality before Christianity, and there is no morality without it?

Not all, but since we live in America, or most of us, it is the basis of American Culture's value systems.

Not all, but since we live in America, or most of us, it is the basis of American Culture's value systems.

Yeah it leapt at me too but I let it go. Some fruit is too low-hanging even for Captain Obvious.

"Christianity, the basis of moral values" like burning women alive at the stake, in a thread about burning a turtle alive on the stove.
Oh the irony.

Oh piffle. What an idiotic thing to OH-pine.

As for being vegetarian, what I wrote is that I am and that if you're going to kill an animal, do it quickly and humanely.

Vegan - its almost impossible.

Growing, transporting and slaughtering the animals you buy, all wrapped up in that pristine plastic wrap is wasteful, incredibly polluting on every level, every step of the way and is a causative factor in most of the diseases that plague us.

Having said that, I really don't give a crap what most of you eat.

So you're going with the "violence in pop culture is all Christianity's fault" theorem. That's tempting, and has merit, but I still hold on to what I posted earlier, that it's the psychology of mass media that large numbers will be drawn to gore -- IOW shamelss LCD opportunism to make a buck. It's got nothing to do with religion; it has everything to do with the national religion we DO believe in, which is the religion of Money.

But I could be persuaded to put more emphasis on Christianism.
For a price of course... :eusa_whistle:

Growing, transporting and slaughtering the animals you buy, all wrapped up in that pristine plastic wrap is wasteful, incredibly polluting on every level, every step of the way and is a causative factor in most of the diseases that plague us.

Meat more so than other foods? I don't think so.

Well then, you'd be wrong.

As usual.

Well then, you'd be wrong.

As usual.

And you're just claiming your fantasy to be fact and begging the question.

As usual

Somebody once recorded a tomato's scream when it was cut with a knife.

Cruelty to tomatoes is......uncivilized.
mad_zps639a98d3.gif

Yeah it leapt at me too but I let it go. Some fruit is too low-hanging even for Captain Obvious.

"Christianity, the basis of moral values" like burning women alive at the stake, in a thread about burning a turtle alive on the stove.
Oh the irony.

The irony is that the internet geniuses who post drivel like this are apparently incapable of separating the religion itself (despite the fact that it has a handbook still in circulation) from the states that misapply it.

There's a reason America has been the freest, safest, and most successful nation the world has ever seen...

And there's a reason we are losing that distinction.

See if you can figure it out. Funny that our decline has been lock-step with the application of progressive values...if you can call them such.

Why, minorities, of course!
Boiling alive isn't the only abuse they heap upon the head of our poor amphibian cousins:

"An Oklahoma City man was arrested last week on a charge of Animal Cruelty involving a turtle. According to the police report, 39-year-old Derrick D. Peace was arrested for cracking the shell of a red-eared slider."

turtle-abuse.jpg

Man arrested, accused of turtle abuse | KFOR.com

Why do blacks hate turtles so???

"A 19-year-old male suffered severe injuries to his hand, lower extremities and face after a bomb he made detonated while he was carrying it in northeast Harris County, according to police. The Houston Police Department said that at about 7:40 p.m. on Saturday the teen and another 18-year-old male had gone down to a bayou near the 3100 block of Valley Rim Drive. The teens had materials to create what is being called a “combustible mixture” with the intention of going to go “blow up turtles.”
<snip>

Why does this sound familiar? :eusa_think:

.... wasn't there a prez-uh-dint who used to blow up frogs? You know -- our other "poor amphibian cousins"?

Who was that? I don't remember but obviously it must have been a "minority". I bet it had sump'm to do with Texas too.

Last edited:
Humans are the worst creatures to have evolved through the nature. There are very few of us who feel true compassion and possess the ability to empathize. Rest of us do not feel it unless someone plunges the sword in our chest. Quite a few of us confuse pack mentality where you get agitated by some real or implied injustice done to our fellow pack member with real compassion where someone truly feels someone else's pain. Religion has corrupted our minds so badly that we are incapable of recognizing what is truly moral. But honestly speaking, we cannot blame religion because we created religions (most of them) to justify our immoral acts. Without a religious belief which sanctions the killing of animals, those people who do such things will be regarded nothing more than evil deviants. I have stopped eating meat for the most part because I just do not feel it is right. We all have our choices to make in this life. The deviants have made their choice to be cruel to other living beings. My choice is to be compassionate to all living beings no matter how out of fashion it is.

Did you know that an elephants sex organs are in there feet, or paws, or hooves, or whatever they are called?

Yup, if one steps on you, you're screwed!

I kill the lobster before I boil it.

Put your chef's knife point right between the eyes push and rock it then put the lobster in the pot

Softie.

I recall going fishing with one of the slaves who couldn't bear dispatching the fish before I showed him how to gut it, so I says, "You want me to gut it alive?"

There is a difference between cruelty and bravery. Unfortunately, by the time cruel people learn the difference, it is quite often too late for them.

Forum List

Back