What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blacks want reparations for 150 years ago we want reparations for now )
We want reparations from 1776 until today. You seem to have amnesia about what whites have continued doing after slavery.

The quote below is written by members of the National Conference of Black Lawyers, the International Association of Democratic Lawyers, and the National Lawyers Guild as part of the Report of the International Commission of Inquiry on Systemic Racist Police Violence against People of African Descent in the U.S., on page 16:

"The Commissioners find a prima facie case of Crimes against Humanity warranting an investigation by the International Criminal Court (ICC). The crimes under the Rome Statute include: Murder, Severe Deprivation of Physical Liberty, Torture, Persecution of people of African descent, and other Inhumane Acts, which occurred in the context of a widespread or systematic attack directed against the civilian population of Black people in the U.S."

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The study determined that since the year 2000, continuing discriminatory practices in the four areas mentioned in the prior sentence resulted in a loss of 16 trillion dollars in GDP.25 The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

None of this is 150 years ago, but that's the lie you have to tell yourself so you can make excuses.

LOL ... And who's going to present that agenda? Here's a little secret Paul: Black people don't control black politics. That has been ceded to the Democrat party, its leaders and activists a long time ago. For example, remember when BLM was going to protest the mask mandate for restaurants in NYC after the Carmine's incident. Well, the activists (white Democrats) were people who supported the mandate. Hear about any protests? I mean, what does the Congressional Black Caucus do to advance the "Black Agenda"? Nothing, except get rich on the taxpayer's dime. We demanded police reform when Biden was elected. ANY indication that it's going to be looked at? Why should they? The black community is going to give the Democrats their vote regardless if they offer anything or do anything to advance a black agenda other than say words. You want something done? Divorce the Democrat party and start using some leverage to get what the community is after.

I think I heard somewhere that if Black America was a country, we would be in the top 20 countries in the world by GDP. For someone who has actually lived in countries outside the US, we do a lot better here in other places. Name me one country that has produced more black billionaires, millionaires and people making six-figure incomes than the US? The wealth of the South before the Civil War was built on black labor. Jim Crow was as close to systemic racism we've had since then. It wasn't a trap to us being in a labor, consumer, and prison class of people. That ish started after LBJ's policies when into effect. Also, lots of us aren't victimized by white people because we're poor. If anything, we're victimized by people who need us to feel like we can't overcome to keep them in power.

The Jews, themselves, hunted down people who were Nazis. The US, probably, was involved when we were fed information that X person was a Nazi in their past. However, the US is also known for taking certain Nazis and incorporating them when it was advantageous to us. So you want Nuremburg trials? Who should be put on trial that's still living? So white supremacy should be criminalized and outlawed? Well, as someone who have lived in Germany, it's not outlawed there. Hell, they have their own political party (The National Democratic Party) that espouses those kinds of views.

Police are the enforcement arm of white supremacy. Oh boy. Shall I get you a fainting couch so you lie down and clutch your pearls? Please, show your work that these officers are white supremacists. I mean, if any of these cases we've heard in the news had a police officer that was a white supremacist, that would've been all over the news. Just because a white cop deals with an unarmed black person doesn't make a supremacist. Unless you have some receipts, I'll dismiss this as hyperbolic rambling.

Drugs aren't what increases the changes of a black child failing schools. Having a student & parents who don't care about getting an education plus a school administration & board of education that don't want to correctly fail students because of fear of losing funding because of "No Child Left Behind" greatly increases black kids dropping out of school & winding up either in prison or dead.
If they're behind by the time they reach the 5th grade, good luck in reversing that. I'd like to see evidence where a person's check is increased by claiming your child has ADHD or some other learning disability. I mean, there was a situation in Baltimore where a black student was a senior in high school with a little more than a .1 GPA. .1 GPA? That's sad, but worse than that, he was 64th in a senior class of 120. So there were 56 other students with as bad or a worse GPA than that? The national HQ for the NAACP is also in Baltimore. Know what the leader of the NAACP said in response to this happening in his city? Nothing. There aren't protests in neighborhoods demanding better schools and an actual education for black kids. You think if the kind of nonsense that goes on in major urban city schools would have happened out in the suburbs that the next board of education meeting wouldn't be jam packed with parents letting their feelings be known?

A black person who gets shook looking a statue of Lee or Jackson has a real first world problem. Blacks in other parts of the world have a lot more serious things to worry about than a statue. I mean, is Lee or Jackson going to take the bench and rule on cases? Baltimore is one pace to hit 300 homicides for the 8th straight year. But they did remove all the confederate statutes in the city years ago. A lot that has done to improve the city.

So in major urban cities, the solution is go all black contractors. The way to solve "racist" contracts is to created more "racist" contracts, but let it benefit a different race instead. This is what passes for logic & reason? This may be the one I agree with you, somewhat, in that black companies can't get the opportunity to get the big contracts without being able to be given the chance to show their abilities on smaller projects. Now, there's no way the government is going to tell a business owner that you have to enter a partnership with anyone they don't want to to do business in a city. Do we tell a Democrat mayor that you have to have a Republican in their office with 50% say on how you run your city or vice versa?

The issue is that we're not a permanent underclass. I sure don't consider myself to be part of the underclass. Not hanging out with the 1%, but not trying to make a dollar out or 15 cents either. We have those who will be a permanent underclass, but that's because they CHOOSE to do the things that will keep them a member of the underclass and then put the next generation on the same path. My folks grew up in middle Georgia during Jim Crow not in best of conditions with houses, schools or opportunities. Now, they own two houses in two different states. One generation broke the chain of poverty. They're not anything special. If they could it, anyone else can do it as well. Except if you want to wallow in one's victimhood and hope that the government, who really don't care about us anyway except for votes, comes and save the day (which they won't).

You want the government to do things, but I don't see anywhere in that screed about what WE need to do to make things better. Didn't your momma teach you that "God helps those who help themselves.". Where's OUR demands for an ACTUAL education to compete in the global economy? How are WE dealing all these single-parent households? Holding white supremacists responsible for things happening in our communities when they wouldn't be caught dead in them is counter-productive. Who in OUR HOUSE are we holding accountable for what our neighborhoods have become? Why do they need to do anything if we're willing to destroy ourselves? We have all these entertainers and athletes. Why aren't they pooling money or resources together for black businesses? They can provide the "seed money" that black entrepreneurs can go to jumpstart their businesses instead of dealing with banks. Can't we do our own version of Shark Tank? They have the connections and can get doors opened for people. For example, Tyler Perry uses his studio to allow up and coming black filmmakers to work on their craft. Malcolm X had the saying that only the black community will solve the black community's issues, but way too many of us have grown too intellectually lazy to put in that work needed to figure it out.
BS. Whites have been given everything they have because of legislation. You posted a lot of words but said nothing.

MizMolly
So, you want every black person to receive global wealth, get the job, get into college, etc, even if they don’t have any qualifications?

Your saying that not me
Why does Molly ask that question when that is exactly what whites have done?

Please tell us why those here today are responsible and what you feel you " deserve" Better yet, what do you tell families whose ancestors came AFTER 1865???
What do you tell blacks who didn't have family ties to slavery?? Some blacks get it while others don't?? What do you say to those who came to this Country after?? Do you HONESTLY believe that will be accepted?? That is one certain way to start another Civil War ; Black vs Black.
Slavery ended in 1863. Whites then implemented other oppressive policies that were made illegal in 1965 but too many whites are not respecting those laws. So it's not only about slavery.

Wow. I didn’t realize that the pro-black racist policies were THAT bad back in 1977, but indeed that shows how badly and for how long the liberals have been using Affirmative Action to favor blacks.

My first experience was in the early 80s - I was in my 20s - when a black girl and I went up for thr same promotion. I had been at the firm for two years, in that department, and she had started several months earlier. My education was superior, as well. When she got the promotion, her boss pulled me aside and told me that I was the better pick but that she was under pressure from the Personnel Director (that’s what they were called back then) to hire the black girl - and then told me she would deny that she ever told me this.
There have been no pro black policies. Your boss broke the law and you should have taken her to court if that was said. But the reason they had to do that was because they were caught practicing racial discrimination.

The right wing whites here want to fix racism by continuing white preferential treatment.

Slavery ended in 1863. Whites then implemented other oppressive policies that were made illegal in 1965 but too many whites are not respecting those laws. So it's not only about slavery.
No Slavery ended on December 6th 1865 when the 13th Amendment was ratified and signed. The Emancipation Proclamation was signed January 1st 1863, but it only covered slaves in the states in active rebellion against the Union. Occupied states and Union slave states weren't covered.

No Slavery ended on December 6th 1865 when the 13th Amendment was ratified and signed. The Emancipation Proclamation was signed January 1st 1863, but it only covered slaves in the states in active rebellion against the Union. Occupied states and Union slave states weren't covered.

Both those things ended slavery. Now I know what the EP covered. The fact here is blacks are not just talking about slavery.

I don't need to see your map. Malcolm X was from New York. Jim Crow was nationwide.

FYI
1940s: The F.H.A. helped support the construction of Levittown, a suburb near New York City on the condition that no homes be sold to African Americans. Every home also had to have a clause in its deed prohibiting resale to black people.

1947: Stuyvesant Town (New York City) opened completely racially segregated. When black people sued, the N.Y. Supreme Court protected segregation and sided with the developer’s claim that the development was private—despite all the public money used to make it possible — and therefore entitled to discriminate as it sees fit.

Source:

• Love
Reactions: IM2
FYI
1940s: The F.H.A. helped support the construction of Levittown, a suburb near New York City on the condition that no homes be sold to African Americans. Every home also had to have a clause in its deed prohibiting resale to black people.

1947: Stuyvesant Town (New York City) opened completely racially segregated. When black people sued, the N.Y. Supreme Court protected segregation and sided with the developer’s claim that the development was private—despite all the public money used to make it possible — and therefore entitled to discriminate as it sees fit.

Source:
We all know that Lisa and truth got a divorce pretty early in her life.

Each end of the political spectrum should hold its own tribe accountable.

The Left has to stop coddling and lowering standards for minorities and screaming RACISM at everything that moves.

The Right has to stop enabling the racism that DOES exist by denying it, downplaying it, dismissing it and ignoring it.

The two ends feed into the other with their behaviors. We won't have an "honest conversation on race" unless and until that stops.
There is no racism on the right to speak of. That's a leftwing myth. But conservatives can and should point out truthful statistics, such as colored people committing the majority of the murders and violent crime in this country despite comprising only 13% of the population. Or that fact that 72% of black children are born out of wedlock. The only way to change these stats is for the black folks to shape up. No other way.

There is no racism on the right to speak of. That's a leftwing myth. But conservatives can and should point out truthful statistics, such as colored people committing the majority of the murders and violent crime in this country despite comprising only 13% of the population. Or that fact that 72% of black children are born out of wedlock. The only way to change these stats is for the black folks to shape up. No other way.
BS. Then you post pure racist crap after you make the claim.

Iin 2020, there were 7,173,072, crime offenders in the United States. That 7.1 million is 100 percent of the offenders in America. In 2020 according to the census, the U.S. population was 331,449,281.31 That number is 100 percent of the U.S. population. Out of 331,449,281 citizens, 7,173,072 people or 2.16 percent of the American population were criminal offenders. The 3,642,932 white offenders were 1.09 percent of the American population. The 2,122,038 black offenders were 0.6 percent of the American population. This is where the 13 percent excuse fails. Simple math shows the misuse of percentages. The 13 percent excuse uses the percentage of blacks committing a crime against the percentage of the black population instead of it being used to reflect the percentage of blacks committing a specific violation. The numbers here show that 13 percent of the American people are not committing 50 percent of the crime. Furthermore, they show that 1 percent of the population is 51 percent of the criminal offenders and they are not black.

And don't trot out that tired --- excuse of there are more whites so you should have more criminals.

In 2020 blacks led in arrests in 2 categories in the Uniform Crime Report, murder and robbery. Let’s look at the arrest categories whites led in:

Rape, Aggravated assault, Burglary, Larceny-theft, Motor vehicle theft, Arson, Violent crime, Property crime, Other assaults, Forgery and counterfeiting, Fraud, Embezzlement, buying, receiving, and possessing stolen property, Vandalism, carrying, possessing, Weapons, Prostitution and commercialized vice, Sex offenses besides rape and prostitution, Drug abuse violations, Gambling, Offenses against the family and children, Driving under the influence, Liquor laws, Drunkenness, Disorderly conduct, Vagrancy, All other offenses (except traffic), Suspicion, Curfew and loitering law violations.

Whites have a history of criminal behavior that started at the very beginning of this country. Whites have elected numerous criminals to make laws in this country. Whites organized crime and made it a corporate business. Whites control the manufacturing, shipment, and distribution of drugs in this country. Whites control the manufacturing, shipping, sales, and distribution of deadly weapons in this country.

So look in the mirror when you start talking about somebody shaping up son. Because the historic face of violence and crime in America is white and male.

Iin 2020, there were 7,173,072, crime offenders in the United States. That 7.1 million is 100 percent of the offenders in America. In 2020 according to the census, the U.S. population was 331,449,281.31 That number is 100 percent of the U.S. population. Out of 331,449,281 citizens, 7,173,072 people or 2.16 percent of the American population were criminal offenders. The 3,642,932 white offenders were 1.09 percent of the American population. The 2,122,038 black offenders were 0.6 percent of the American population. This is where the 13 percent excuse fails. Simple math shows the misuse of percentages. The 13 percent excuse uses the percentage of blacks committing a crime against the percentage of the black population instead of it being used to reflect the percentage of blacks committing a specific violation. The numbers here show that 13 percent of the American people are not committing 50 percent of the crime. Furthermore, they show that 1 percent of the population is 51 percent of the criminal offenders and they are not black.

And don't trot out that tired --- excuse of there are more whites so you should have more criminals.

In 2020 blacks led in arrests in 2 categories in the Uniform Crime Report, murder and robbery. Let’s look at the arrest categories whites led in:

Rape, Aggravated assault, Burglary, Larceny-theft, Motor vehicle theft, Arson, Violent crime, Property crime, Other assaults, Forgery and counterfeiting, Fraud, Embezzlement, buying, receiving, and possessing stolen property, Vandalism, carrying, possessing, Weapons, Prostitution and commercialized vice, Sex offenses besides rape and prostitution, Drug abuse violations, Gambling, Offenses against the family and children, Driving under the influence, Liquor laws, Drunkenness, Disorderly conduct, Vagrancy, All other offenses (except traffic), Suspicion, Curfew and loitering law violations.

Whites have a history of criminal behavior that started at the very beginning of this country. Whites have elected numerous criminals to make laws in this country. Whites organized crime and made it a corporate business. Whites control the manufacturing, shipment, and distribution of drugs in this country. Whites control the manufacturing, shipping, sales, and distribution of deadly weapons in this country.

So look in the mirror when you start talking about somebody shaping up son. Because the historic face of violence and crime in America is white and male.
I said violent crime, bro. Not all crimes. Read the post before you call me a liar. Colored folks are committing the majority of murders and violent crime. Show me I'm wrong.
Black folks want to better thought of? They need to shape up and stop committing violent crimes.

The most violent crimes were not committed by whites (murder, robbery, rape).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back