What policies should be implemented to address racism in the country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That funny. Cause every time I call those old Democrats like Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis and Nathan Bedford Forrest pieces of human shit it's always conservative Republicans who take offense.
Forrest was a piece of shit, but by all available evidence, both Lee and Davis were gentlemen. They were rebels against the Union, but both fought what was probably the cleanest civil war in the history of the planet. You are using today's standards to judge the character of people who lived 165 years ago. In 2182, people will almost certainly think you and I were barbarians and fools for what we believe. Standards and mores change over the years, you can only judge people by the standards of their day.

So you can't? I thought so. That shit doesn't make any sense. Time doesn't have standards, people do and standards are never universal in any time. Do you think the slaves thought it was morally okay for slavers to rape, murder and sell them? Even today standards very wildly depending on where you are. Some places abortion is perfectly moral and legal and others illegal and punished by death. Some people think homosexuality is perfectly moral some think homosexuality should be punished by being stoned to death or thrown off the roofs of buildings. Which one of those standards is the standards of our time?
Since most slaves came from slave-owning cultures, I'm sure they thought it was perfectly acceptable. They were just not happy it happened to them.

RetiredGySgt
LOL you gonna stop black rioters from burning down black businesses?

Yeah because some bricks, cement and mortar is worth more than the life of black person - Right ?
Yeah, that brick and mortar and the expensive contents are the result of another person's hard work and when you burn it down, you are destroying their life's work. What did that most likely black business owner have to do with a black death? You want to go after the person who did the killing in a legal manner? I'm fine with that. You want to go after them as a vigilante? I'm not fine with that, but I can accept it and even to some extent excuse it because of frustration with the legal system. You want to go after a bunch of people who had nothing to do with the death, main and kill them and burn their property? I'm dead against that and if you had an ounce of morals, you would be to.

AZrailwhale
Yeah, that brick and mortar and the expensive contents are the result of another person's hard work and when you burn it down, you are destroying their life's work.

How many times are you going to let someone punch you in the face before you react? That’s what white supremacy asks of the black community. To be perpetually punched in the face while wearing a smile

1652485227487.png

AZrailwhale
What did that most likely black business owner have to do with a black death?

WRONG WRONG AND WRONG

This is not destroying black livelihoods and businesses. These companies in black neighborhoods mostly aren’t owned by blacks. Do you understand that ?

And black businesses where the black person is the sole proprietorship, they generally get protected. You nothing about street politics.

Protesters and what not are not what you have to worry about, THE POLICE ARE. The people who burn down the shops are white and non blk people and they blame it on black people.

.@AZrailwhale
You want to go after the person who did the killing in a legal manner?

Yeah sure because black people always get justice in the legal system

You talk about all this rioting well last time Colin Kapernick complained at police brutality and racism and he took a knee.

What could have been more politically correct, more friendly to white ppls tender sensitivities than taken a knee ? There was no riots. No uprisings.

But did you see anyone say "O since you negroes asked so politely. We're gonna have legislation. Yes !! Legislation today !! We are going to have the FBI set up a taskforce to round up all the racists who kill blk ppl. Were gonna have laws to put ppl, who call the police on blk ppl, just 4 being blk, in jail"

AZrailwhale
I'm fine with that.

Of course you because you know blk ppl are not going to win that rigged game.

AZrailwhale
You want to go after them as a vigilante? I'm not fine with that, but I can accept it and even to some extent excuse it because of frustration with the legal system.

The problem is the police officers who kill black ppl go into hiding. They get put on paid leave and even if they get convicted, they're still protected.

1652484987145.png

AZrailwhale
You want to go after a bunch of people who had nothing to do with the death, main and kill them and burn their property? I'm dead against that and if you had an ounce of morals, you would be to

They ain’t shitting where they eat, THEY ARE PROTESTING. For the last time. There are different ways to protest.

Ain’t nobody shutting in their own community or letting anybody destroy the community this is what you think because you listen to the white racist media. Their pushing a narrative to make the protesters look bad. The protesters are not rioting and looting.

I support the burning of the police precinct and the vandalism of it as well. I support the vandalism of the police vehicle and all of the institutions and corporate buildings that had a history of systemic racism towards blacks. PERIOD.

You’re lost and following the narrative that they want you to follow

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Forrest was a piece of shit, but by all available evidence, both Lee and Davis were gentlemen. They were rebels against the Union, but both fought what was probably the cleanest civil war in the history of the planet. You are using today's standards to judge the character of people who lived 165 years ago. In 2182, people will almost certainly think you and I were barbarians and fools for what we believe. Standards and mores change over the years, you can only judge people by the standards of their day.
They were pieces of crap. All of them. Stop making excuses. The standards they are being judged on are timeless. In 2182 I doubt if people will be doing as you claim.

.@AZrailwhale
You want to go after the person who did the killing in a legal manner?

Yeah sure because black people always get justice in the legal system

You talk about all this rioting well last time Colin Kapernick complained at police brutality and racism and he took a knee.

What could have been more politically correct, more friendly to white ppls tender sensitivities than taken a knee ? There was no riots. No uprisings.

But did you see anyone say "O since you negroes asked so politely. We're gonna have legislation. Yes !! Legislation today !! We are going to have the FBI set up a taskforce to round up all the racists who kill blk ppl. Were gonna have laws to put ppl, who call the police on blk ppl, just 4 being blk, in jail"

Paul hit a grand slam here. When Kaepernick took a knee peacefully, the same whites like AZ bitched about how terrible and wrong that was. When the police precinct office got burned down, they bitched then. It doesn't matter how we protest, whites like AZ believe we don't have a right to protest. That we should be eternally grateful just to be here.

Paul hit a grand slam here. When Kaepernick took a knee peacefully, the same whites like AZ bitched about how terrible and wrong that was. When the police precinct office got burned down, they bitched then. It doesn't matter how we protest, whites like AZ believe we don't have a right to protest. That we should be eternally grateful just to be here.
We all have a right to PEACEFULLY protest. Kaepernick "took a knee" on his employer's time. I was against that. If he had wanted to protest on his own time, I would have been supportive of his rights. When you are "on the clock" you follow your employers rules.

We all have a right to PEACEFULLY protest. Kaepernick "took a knee" on his employer's time. I was against that. If he had wanted to protest on his own time, I would have been supportive of his rights. When you are "on the clock" you follow your employers rules.
That was a peaceful protest. And don't try that employers time bullshit because nobody on a regular job has to wait for the playing of the national anthem before they start work.

That was a peaceful protest. And don't try that employers time bullshit because nobody on a regular job has to wait for the playing of the national anthem before they start work.
Very few people on a "regular" job get paid millions for a couple hours work a week.

If you protest on your employers time, he has the right to fire you.

If you protest on your employers time, he has the right to fire you.
Again, there is no employer that makes workers stand for the national anthem before they start work. That would be a violation of employees first amendment rights.

Very few people on a "regular" job get paid millions for a couple hours work a week.
And neither do pro athletes. They put in 40-60 hours in practice, film study treatment and game planning.

Again, there is no employer that makes workers stand for the national anthem before they start work. That would be a violation of employees first amendment rights.
[/he made a political statement on his employers time. That will get you fired by most employers.

The first step in addressing racism is to REMOVE racist policies. The most blatant is the one in which universities and grad schools adjust standards based on skin color.

Fortunately, the SCOTUS will be hearing the Harvard case in which Asians were rejected in favor of people with darker skin because the school said blacks’ had better personalities, in a weak attempt to explain away why Asians with 4.0s and top SATs were rejected and blacks with much lower GPAs and scores got in.

When the SCOTUS rules against affirmative action allowing decisions based on race , it will be a big step forward to eliminating racist policies in this country.

We often get bogged down and navel gaze over what extent racism affects groups or doesn't, but what actual solutions do people have? People on the right love citing King with "content/character over color" but don't tell us how to get there. Meritocracy is only a platitude if it isn't enforced. It's like hoping and wishing that people won't commit homicide against one another. Without homicide laws and measures, it's a pipe dream.
The policies that should be implemented to address racism in America, are >>

1. Abolish Affirmative Action discrimination 100%.

2. Abolish CRT 100%.

3. Revise Biden's "American Rescue Plan" such that it does not exclude whites. In the meantime before that is accomplished, change the name to >> American Rescue Plan AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT WHITE.

The first step in addressing racism is to REMOVE racist policies. The most blatant is the one in which universities and grad schools adjust standards based on skin color.

Fortunately, the SCOTUS will be hearing the Harvard case in which Asians were rejected in favor of people with darker skin because the school said blacks’ had better personalities, in a weak attempt to explain away why Asians with 4.0s and top SATs were rejected and blacks with much lower GPAs and scores got in.

When the SCOTUS rules against affirmative action allowing decisions based on race , it will be a big step forward to eliminating racist policies in this country.
It is almost for sure that Affirmative Action is going to die a quick and decisive death very soon, along with Roe vs Wade. One question though is what about the millions of older whites, who are still alive, in their 70s and 80s, who were victimized by AA decades ago, and whose lives were ruined, with hard-studied careers taken away from them. Who will pay for that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back