What percentage of the black vote do the democrats usually get?

Rinse....repeat

That made no sense.

Which is exactly what I just accused you of doing, trying to make the issue less clear, not more.

Does this clarify things for you?

cf7.gif

Anytime you want to go back to addressing the topic, go right ahead.

I've been discussing it

You are the one beating a dead horse with your laughable abortion scenario

There is nothing laughable about pointing out that, by their own stated belief system, that Religious Pro-life Blacks are voting "for" the killing of 300k black babies a year, when they are voting for Pro-Choice dem candidates.

This, imo, is a strong challenge to the liberals belief that the reason that blacks vote for dems, is because, the GOP are "Assholes".

"Assholes" are better than "Mass Murderers".

YOu have been unable to explain this incredible gap between their stated beliefs and their voting.
Still trying to derail this thread into an abortion thread

Ain't gunna happen

"Presence"? "Interface?"

And you talk of platitudes...

If issues were the issue, there are plenty of GOP non-empty promises that would appeal to some blacks.

I have mentioned abortion. Are you claiming that the GOP has done nothing to limit abortion? Pro-life blacks, based on their stated beliefs should strongly support these efforts.

Indeed, if pro-life blacks switched sides and started VOTING pro-life, it would greatly affect policy.

Jobs? Though the leadership of both parties is pro-immigration, there are conservative republicans that want to limit Third World immigration, and those immigrants are more likely to compete with blacks for jobs.

You might disagree. If issues drove voting, you would expect SOME blacks to agree, and vote accordingly.

But that is not the case.

Maybe the 10% of Black voters that the GOP already wins are the pro-life blacks that actually care enough to switch their votes, I really don't think that's all that off honestly.

So of the 40% of Blacks that consider the 300k abortions of blacks, to be 300k of dead black babies, only 1 in 4 vote to save those babies lives?

And that's is the ONLY issue where ANY blacks cross the party lines to vote GOP?

NO middle class/rich blacks are for lower taxes?

NO poor blacks support Law and Order policies in their crime ridden communities?

No middle class blacks support school vouchers that might let them get their kids out of crappy public schools?

No middle class blacks want the TEachers union fought?

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Obama got 95% the first time.

5%? Errors in voting should give the GOP that much.

It is not credible that the black community is THAT unified on the issues.

There might be some overlap in that group with those issues...but in the end, yes.

Yes what? That blacks are that unified on the issues?

Can you back that up?

Can you back up the claim that pro-life blacks should care so strongly about abortion that they ignore all other policy beliefs??? I actually find that to be the more odd claim.

I already have.

Imagine that you believe that aborted babies are killed babies.

Now imaging a pile of 300,000 murdered babies, every year.

Now tell me what "other policy" issues are more important than that.

Maybe the 10% of Black voters that the GOP already wins are the pro-life blacks that actually care enough to switch their votes, I really don't think that's all that off honestly.

So of the 40% of Blacks that consider the 300k abortions of blacks, to be 300k of dead black babies, only 1 in 4 vote to save those babies lives?

And that's is the ONLY issue where ANY blacks cross the party lines to vote GOP?

NO poor blacks support Law and Order policies in their crime ridden communities?

No middle class blacks support school vouchers that might let them get their kids out of crappy public schools?

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

There might be some overlap in that group with those issues...but in the end, yes.

Can you back that up?

Can you back up the claim that pro-life blacks should care so strongly about abortion that they ignore all other policy beliefs??? I actually find that to be the more odd claim.

I already have.

You're making an assumption that they see fetuses as "babies" which just isn't true sorry to say. The vast majority of people don't see fetuses as infants, because they aren't.

That made no sense.

Which is exactly what I just accused you of doing, trying to make the issue less clear, not more.

cf7.gif

I've been discussing it

There is nothing laughable about pointing out that, by their own stated belief system, that Religious Pro-life Blacks are voting "for" the killing of 300k black babies a year, when they are voting for Pro-Choice dem candidates.

This, imo, is a strong challenge to the liberals belief that the reason that blacks vote for dems, is because, the GOP are "Assholes".

YOu have been unable to explain this incredible gap between their stated beliefs and their voting.

Ain't gunna happen

The topic is black voting.

That is what I am talking about.

My question is why more Religious Pro-life Blacks do not vote against Abortion, and thus for Pro-life GOP candidates.

Considering their stated beliefs on abortion.

The only reason, and the only way I have addressed abortion in this thread is as a factor in black voting.

It is clearly on topic.

I understand why you would want to suppress this line of debate. Because you have no answer to it.

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Can you back that up?

I already have.

You're making an assumption that they see fetuses as "babies" which just isn't true sorry to say. The vast majority of people don't see fetuses as infants, because they aren't.

Abortion isn't an election winner, most candidates would rather avoid talking about abortion altogether...and to most voters (even African American ones....) it just isn't that big of an issue.

cf7.gif

I've been discussing it

Ain't gunna happen

My question is why more Religious Pro-life Blacks do not vote against Abortion, and thus for Pro-life GOP candidates.

The only reason, and the only way I have addressed abortion in this thread is as a factor in black voting.

It is clearly on topic.

I understand why you would want to suppress this line of debate. Because you have no answer to it.

As has been repeatedly answered and repeatedly ignored by you.....because they understand there are other more important issues to them

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Can you back that up?

I already have.

Actually a significant minority of people do see them as babies.

THey are pro-lifers.

Blacks run a solid 40% pro-life.

IMO, it is very odd that so few of those pro-lifers vote according to their stance on Abortion.

This is one issue.

A very clear cut issue.

There are other issues that you would expect more blacks to cross party lines to support. But they don't.

This one though, really clear cut, and, if you accept their stated beliefs as true, a really big motivator.

I've been discussing it

Ain't gunna happen

It is clearly on topic.

As has been repeatedly answered and repeatedly ignored by you.....because they understand there are other more important issues to them

More important that the lives of 300k black babies a year?

WHat is more important than that?

Can you back that up?

I already have.

THey are pro-lifers.

IMO, it is very odd that so few of those pro-lifers vote according to their stance on Abortion.

This is one issue.

A very clear cut issue.

There are other issues that you would expect more blacks to cross party lines to support. But they don't.

This one though, really clear cut, and, if you accept their stated beliefs as true, a really big motivator.

It comes down to this...you make 300k fetuses into something people should devote their votes to, it's not. It's a small, small issue to most people. The votes back that up, even most Republicans don't vote Republican with abortion in mind, to most people it's just an issue they'd rather avoid.

Two groups have abortion in mind:

Low income women

Right wing religious groups

That's really it. Not much more.

I've been discussing it

Ain't gunna happen

It is clearly on topic.

Evidently.....

Republicans care more about those black fetuses than they care about black babies

Can you back that up?

I already have.

THey are pro-lifers.

This is one issue.

A very clear cut issue.

It comes down to this...you make 300k fetuses into something people should devote their votes to, it's not. It's a small, small issue to most people. The votes back that up, even most Republicans don't vote Republican with abortion in mind, to most people it's just an issue they'd rather avoid.

Two groups have abortion in mind:

Low income women

Right wing religious groups

That's really it. Not much more.

Abortion Is Threshold Issue for One in Six U.S. Voters

According to gallup for 17% of people, a candidate MUST share their views on abortion.

CUt in half for the pro and anti break, and you have nearly 9% of voters who are prolife and who will only vote for pro-life candidates.

For an additional 45% of voters, it is "one of many important factors".

DIvide in half, equals 23%.

That does not match what you said.

Looking at those numbers, it seems that JUST BASED ON ABORTION, the gop should be pulling in well over 10% of the black vote.

And they are not.

Ain't gunna happen

It is clearly on topic.

Evidently.....

Republicans care more about those black fetuses than they care about black babies

Stay on topic. This isn't about abortion. It is about voting.

I only mention abortion to show that it undermines the idea that the reason is issue related.

Ain't gunna happen

It is clearly on topic.

Evidently.....

I only mention abortion to show that it undermines the idea that the reason is issue related.

Evidently it does not

Their reason is different than yours. If you want abortion to be your overriding factor in your vote....then let it

They evidently feel it is not the primary factor

It is clearly on topic.

Evidently.....

Evidently it does not

Their reason is different than yours. If you want abortion to be your overriding factor in your vote....then let it

They evidently feel it is not the primary factor

I'm fine that their reason(s) are different than mine. I have discussed that I have based this viewpoint on multiple conversations with religious pro-life blacks.

I have a good grasp of their stated view of abortion.

What I do not understand is why this view does not affect their voting.

They stated beliefs do not match their behavior.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this one to me.

You ever talk to a religious pro-life black?

They still vote for the pro-choice dems. Because that's what blacks do.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of them on that question.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

BUt that is not the case.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

Because it does NOT seem to be issue driven.

It all comes down to blacks believing that Republicans hate them and republicans doing nothing to prove otherwise
Only dumb asses vote democrat.

In my opinion it's a wrong statement. I believe that only dumb asses choose between dumb asses and liar like Hillary and Obama.

"Presence"? "Interface?"

And you talk of platitudes...

If issues were the issue, there are plenty of GOP non-empty promises that would appeal to some blacks.

I have mentioned abortion. Are you claiming that the GOP has done nothing to limit abortion? Pro-life blacks, based on their stated beliefs should strongly support these efforts.

Indeed, if pro-life blacks switched sides and started VOTING pro-life, it would greatly affect policy.

Jobs? Though the leadership of both parties is pro-immigration, there are conservative republicans that want to limit Third World immigration, and those immigrants are more likely to compete with blacks for jobs.

You might disagree. If issues drove voting, you would expect SOME blacks to agree, and vote accordingly.

But that is not the case.

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Can you back that up?

Clearly 95% of blacks are good with voting for baby killers.

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Can you back that up?

According to Gallup, about 32% of blacks would see it that way.

And the GOP generally gets less than 10%, of the black votes soooo,

Even if the ONLY black votes the GOP got were motivated by abortion, that would mean that at the least, more than 22% of blacks vote, in their own view, for "baby killers".

That is bizarre.

Ect, ect. ect.

90 plus %.

Can you back that up?

Even if the ONLY black votes the GOP got were motivated by abortion, that would mean that at the least, more than 22% of blacks vote, in their own view, for "baby killers".

That is bizarre.
How do you explain the majority of Catholics who vote for your "baby killers"?

Can you back that up?

That is bizarre.
See now you understand how this statistics game works.

Can you back that up?

That is bizarre.

They aren't my "baby killers".

Majority of catholics? Good question.

The GOP normally wins the majority of White Catholics, it is the Hispanics that gives the margin to the dems.

A breakdown of how religious the self defined catholics are might help.

But we are not seeing the complete disconnect that we see with the religious pro-life blacks.

What do you think it means?

Forum List

Back