What percentage of the black vote do the democrats usually get?

I'm still waiting for someone to explain this one to me.

You ever talk to a religious pro-life black?

They still vote for the pro-choice dems. Because that's what blacks do.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

I've never gotten a straight answer out of them on that question.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

BUt that is not the case.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

Because it does NOT seem to be issue driven.

Because outside of the religious right fanatic circles....abortion is a small, insignificant matter to most people.

Is that being anti-woman? Maybe a little, but it's a fact, abortion has NEVER ONCE come up in the top ten most important issues facing the country in polling.

Being pro-life gives you a boost with the religious right, and a small dent with lower income women voters.

Being pro-choice hurts you pretty badly with the religious right, and gives you a small boost with lower income women voters.

That describes the current status quo, it does not answer my question.

Why is it that people who supposedly consider the 300k aborted black fetuses to be 300k black babies that are killed, do not consider that an important issue?

Really? You are really trying to say he wasn't talking about whites?

I want to hear you state that clearly.

What exactly makes you think he was only referring to whites? Your persecution complex, or the voices in your head don't count.

The context, the words, the specific towns he was referring to, the fact that he got nearly all the black vote and the vast majority of the brown vote, the overall debate of the time if whites would vote for a black president, the way HIllary was doing well in white districts,, off the top of my head.

Why do you think he WASN'T talking about whites?

And I would still like to see type out your position in a simple sentence. It would make me laugh and laugh.

Please do it. Pretty please?:eusa_pray:

Always being the one who tries to please,

I don't think he was specifically excluding whites, but I see no reason to believe he was specifically talking about whites.

Of course, you can easily convince me that you are right. All you have to do is point out specifically what he said to target whites. Again, your persecution complex or the voices in your head don't count.

He specified small towns in Pennsylvania.

The demographics of Rural Pennsylvania are 92% white.

He also mentioned that these people have "antipathy" towards those that are different than them.

Do you really think he was talking to the black and brown guys living in those lily white towns?:laugh:

So now you think he was giving a speech on demographics? You'll believe anything to support your pathetic persecution complex, even if you have to make it up for yourself.

You asked why I though he was referring to whites, when he talked about "small towns in Pennsylvania where they cling to the guns and bibles and get bitter".

I just informed you that the demographics of the towns that he specifically mentioned are 92% white.

That answered your question why I thought he was referring to whites.

Odd you couldn't figure that out.

I've asked them what issues are more important to them than the lives of innocent babies, but they get all weird and dodgy.

YOu would think, especially considering the way that blacks babies are so much more likely to be aborted than others, that they would consider that issue heavily in their voting.

Why do you think that Pro-life blacks, to whom the 300,000 black abortions are 300,000 black babies being killed keep voting for the pro-choice dems?

It all comes down to blacks believing that Republicans hate them and republicans doing nothing to prove otherwise

Explain how it makes sense that people wanting 300k black babies to NOT be killed a year hate blacks more than those that DO want 300k babies killed a year.

(from the POV of religious pro-life blacks)

Because outside of the religious right fanatic circles....abortion is a small, insignificant matter to most people.

Is that being anti-woman? Maybe a little, but it's a fact, abortion has NEVER ONCE come up in the top ten most important issues facing the country in polling.

Being pro-life gives you a boost with the religious right, and a small dent with lower income women voters.

Being pro-choice hurts you pretty badly with the religious right, and gives you a small boost with lower income women voters.

Why is it that people who supposedly consider the 300k aborted black fetuses to be 300k black babies that are killed, do not consider that an important issue?

Because abortion is the law of the land and is available through much of the world. It is not murder and never has been

To make it a racial issue is not worthy of response

Because abortion is the law of the land and is available through much of the world. It is not murder and never has been

Religious pro-life blacks disagree with that statement. They consider abortion to be killing a living baby. That's what pro-life means.

Your answer did not address my question at all.

If pro-life blacks really consider the 300k black "babies" that are aborted each year to be actual living, just unborn babies,

why are they voting FOR the candidates that support the "murder" of 300k black babies a year?

This behavior seems to indicate that black voting patterns have nothing to do with issues.

Religious pro-life blacks disagree with that statement. They consider abortion to be killing a living baby. That's what pro-life means.

If pro-life blacks really consider the 300k black "babies" that are aborted each year to be actual living, just unborn babies,

why are they voting FOR the candidates that support the "murder" of 300k black babies a year?

This behavior seems to indicate that black voting patterns have nothing to do with issues.

I answered in a previous post

Because Republicans are assholes and blacks realize it. Why would a black ever vote Republican? They hear what is said in the rightwing media

Because Republicans are assholes and blacks realize it. Why would a black ever vote Republican? They hear what is said in the rightwing media

Nothing "said" in the Rightwing media is more important that a pile of 300k dead babies.

Explain why that perspective (consider 300k abortions a year to be 300k dead babies) is not important enough to get religious pro-life blacks to vote for the Pro-life party?

Because, on the face of it, this seems to show that black voting patterns are NOT issue driven.

Nothing "said" in the Rightwing media is more important that a pile of 300k dead babies.

Explain why that perspective (consider 300k abortions a year to be 300k dead babies) is not important enough to get religious pro-life blacks to vote for the Pro-life party?

Because, on the face of it, this seems to show that black voting patterns are NOT issue driven.

OK.....I'll bite

Because those black evangelicals realize that Republicans will not lift a finger to help support those 300,000 additional babies. In fact, Republicans are trying to cut support for existing black children

Does that help?

OK.....I'll bite

Because those black evangelicals realize that Republicans will not lift a finger to help support those 300,000 additional babies. In fact, Republicans are trying to cut support for existing black children

Does that help?

I do not find it convincing.

Even if your claim is believed by the majority of religious pro-life Blacks, it is better to NOT be killed and be poor, than to be killed.

Who would your rather vote for? The guy that wants to reduce your check, or the one that wants to commit mass murder on your people?

I cannot see how religious pro-black voting patterns make any sense if we assume that issues drive voting patterns.

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

Even if your claim is believed by the majority of religious pro-life Blacks, it is better to NOT be killed and be poor, than to be killed.

Who would your rather vote for? The guy that wants to reduce your check, or the one that wants to commit mass murder on your people?

I cannot see how religious pro-black voting patterns make any sense if we assume that issues drive voting patterns.

The answer is twofold...there are issues more important to African Americans, and African Americans aren't as pro-life as you are making them out to be.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/files/gssabortion.png

Therefore even they do "lean" pro-life, it's certainly not in any way at all enough to override the other issues they consider when voting.

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

You making this a racial issue is repulsive

Abortion is used by women of all races around the world

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

The answer is twofold...there are issues more important to African Americans, and African Americans aren't as pro-life as you are making them out to be.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/files/gssabortion.png

Therefore even they do "lean" pro-life, it's certainly not in any way at all enough to override the other issues they consider when voting.

I am not talking about all blacks, I have specified religious pro-life blacks.

As a subset of the black community.

This group, or sub group, based on their stated beliefs should be VERY motivated to vote against the Pro-choice candidates and party.

IF issues drive black voting patterns, then the GOP should be getting a serious percentage of the 40% of blacks who consider the 300k black abortions to be 300k dead black babies.

Unless you want to argue that there is another issue on the table that is more important than that.

To expand, considering the socioeconomic condition of the black community, ie being poorer than whites, it does make sense that they would break, mostly for the party that favors ever higher levels of social spending and wealth redistribution.

BUT the numbers are to extreme to be explained just by that. Pro-life black, rich and middle class blacks, military blacks, and other smaller groups within the black community should be open to some of the ideas of the GOP.

But they are not.

The issues do not explain their voting patterns.

The problem with Republicans and the black community is that the only solution Republicans offer is trickle down

Just let us give more money to the wealthy prosperity will trickle down to all and the black community will prosper

Trust us

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

Their is a serious difference between the voting patterns of Pro-life Whites and Pro-life blacks.

Thus, this issue IS a racial issue.

Discussing a racial issue is not repulsive.

YOu just don't want to discuss it.

You want the assumption to be that blacks vote for dems because the GOP are "assholes".

I have challenged you seriously, honestly and reasonably on this issue, and you have realized that you cannot defend your position rationally.

So, you play the Race Card, and call me "repulsive".

The really sad part here is that your paradigm is the dominant one in the Western World and is the one driving policy.

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

Their is a serious difference between the voting patterns of Pro-life Whites and Pro-life blacks.

You want the assumption to be that blacks vote for dems because the GOP are "assholes".

I have challenged you seriously, honestly and reasonably on this issue, and you have realized that you cannot defend your position rationally.

The really sad part here is that your paradigm is the dominant one in the Western World and is the one driving policy.
Sorry......done with you trying to derail this thread into an abortion discussion

The problem with Republicans and the black community is that the only solution Republicans offer is trickle down

Just let us give more money to the wealthy prosperity will trickle down to all and the black community will prosper

Trust us

That is your opinion of Republican economic policies.

For a discussion of voting patterns, I consider abortion to be a better way to look at the issue.

The fact that you have a population of people who state that they consider abortion to be the killing of a baby, voting FOR the candidates and party that favors "baby killing" is very clear cut.

Economics is more complex. It is less clear that someone is voting against their stated beliefs.

That you want to change the subject is understandable, because you can't explain why religious pro-life blacks vote for the candidates and party that support the "killing of unborn babies".

But, it's clearly a dodge.

OK.....I'll bite

Does that help?

Sorry......done with you trying to derail this thread into an abortion discussion

This thread is about the percentage of black vote the dems usually get.

I have asked WHY the dems get such a high percentage. This is obviously ON TOPIC.

I have shown that with the example of Religious Pro-life Blacks that issues do NOT seem to be the answer.

Your claim that I am "derailing" the thread is nothing more than another dodge.

To expand, considering the socioeconomic condition of the black community, ie being poorer than whites, it does make sense that they would break, mostly for the party that favors ever higher levels of social spending and wealth redistribution.

And they wonder why....

And they wonder why....

Errr, what?

Are you seriously trying to imply that simply mentioning the fact that blacks tend to be poorer than whites is racist?

Trust us

That is your opinion of Republican economic policies.

For a discussion of voting patterns, I consider abortion to be a better way to look at the issue.

The fact that you have a population of people who state that they consider abortion to be the killing of a baby, voting FOR the candidates and party that favors "baby killing" is very clear cut.

Economics is more complex. It is less clear that someone is voting against their stated beliefs.

That you want to change the subject is understandable, because you can't explain why religious pro-life blacks vote for the candidates and party that support the "killing of unborn babies".

But, it's clearly a dodge.

Start another thread on abortion or join the hundreds we already have

I'm no longer derailing this one

Forum List

Back