What makes a country great?

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Often Americans will say America is the greatest.
Canadians will say Canada is the greatest.
French will say France is the greatest.
And so on. It's not hard to see why people think their own country is the greatest, they've been indoctrinated into it, or they've just grown up there and are comfortable with it, or they don't know anywhere else... or maybe other reasons.

But, if you're going to give a UNIVERSAL assessment of what makes a country great, what would those things be?

And so on. It's not hard to see why people think their own country is the greatest, they've been indoctrinated into it, or they've just grown up there and are comfortable with it, or they don't know anywhere else... or maybe other reasons.

But, if you're going to give a UNIVERSAL assessment of what makes a country great, what would those things be?

What makes America great ? Hmm, say we were in some third world shithole. Hati as an excample or some place in Africa or Mexico. Say you were a news reporter and you said something along the lines of what some in the media say about our presidant. In those countries, said president can have you and your family picked up, your women beaton and raped in front of you, all your property seized and eventually have you chopped up with machetes and fed to pigs. In America, a guy can accuse a president of not being a citizen and it’s all good. We can call our president a liar to his face here wonder what happens in Guatemala. Men, that’s just for starters. I kiss every one of my lucky stars and thank every god in every pantheon that they and fate saw fit to let me be borne in America.

What makes countries great are its people. It is the very same thing that makes countries shitholes.

Corrupt govt agencies keeping criminal elitist politicians out of prison, using tax dollars to pay off the victims of your criminal sexual misconduct, being able to get away with 'Obstruction' by claiming you have 'Brain Congestion', and having people so stupid and partisan that no matter what crimes you have been proven to have committed they still lie, deny, justify, and defend you.

:p

Democrats - keeping America 'great'!

:rock:

I'll tell you what doesn't make a country great... One man. That kind of shits all over MAGA. Fucking moronic slogan. It is not the president or leader of a country that makes it great.

As to your OP, it's purely subjective. To my mind, it's the people of a country that makes it great. In the case of the United States, I'd say the people and the Constitution. Not the President, not the congress...

I'll tell you what doesn't make a country great... One man. That kind of shits all over MAGA. Fucking moronic slogan. It is not the president or leader of a country that makes it great.

As to your OP, it's purely subjective. To my mind, it's the people of a country that makes it great. In the case of the United States, I'd say the people and the Constitution. Not the President, not the congress...

Yes, of course it's subjective. Each person sees different things.

If it's the people, wouldn't you say other countries are better? I mean, the US has the second highest incarceration rate, good people? Everywhere you'll find good and bad people.... again, subjective because what's good to one might be different to another.

In my opinion it's freedom and ability.

We are one of the only countries where a poor person can become middle-class, upper middle-class or even wealthy. It's not easy and may require sacrifice and investment, but it can be done.

It amazes me when I see foreign store owners who work from sun up to past sun down seven days a week. Many came here with little to no money, worked their asses off, and used every dime they could afford to open up their own business.

Why can't American born people do this? Because we are spoiled.

If the work is too hard, not the hours you like, takes too much time to learn, has you working overtime, you can just sit home and the working people will take care of you. Our so called poor have cell phones, air conditioning, free medical care, free food, and in some cases, a house or apartment in the suburbs.

However if you can avoid all that spoiling, you can become successful. Of course, when you do, you are castigated by the left, but most people ignore them anyway. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

As for those who feel it's the people that make this country great, no foreigners are trying to move and live here because we have great people.

We are one of the only countries where a poor person can become middle-class, upper middle-class or even wealthy. It's not easy and may require sacrifice and investment, but it can be done.

It amazes me when I see foreign store owners who work from sun up to past sun down seven days a week. Many came here with little to no money, worked their asses off, and used every dime they could afford to open up their own business.

If the work is too hard, not the hours you like, takes too much time to learn, has you working overtime, you can just sit home and the working people will take care of you. Our so called poor have cell phones, air conditioning, free medical care, free food, and in some cases, a house or apartment in the suburbs.

However if you can avoid all that spoiling, you can become successful. Of course, when you do, you are castigated by the left, but most people ignore them anyway. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

As for those who feel it's the people that make this country great, no foreigners are trying to move and live here because we have great people.

No, I think you're wrong. It can happen elsewhere too.

Just because you don't know about it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You can earn as much money as you want.....then you get the drugs, then you get the power, then you get the women....

Is it okay to be retired from being self employed?

You can earn as much money as you want.....then you get the drugs, then you get the power, then you get the women....

Same as everywhere else then.

Same as everywhere else then.
Not in places where social mobility is a class warfare event...

Forum List

Back