What made you dislike Trump?

I want to know what you think D. Trump ACTUALLY did that made him so despicable.
I frankly couldn't STAND the Apprentice or its spinoffs; BORING!!! It was his POLICIES that won me over but I will NEVER vote for him!!! (I'm NOT a US citizen). But I was never more glad that he won in 2016, nor disappointed that he lost with the unethical tactics of DemoKKKrats in 2020!!!

Greg

They constantly try to reverse the words used against him and their world.

That's always a good sign.
Another one, you never heard teabaggers claim ANY riot was an insurrection, until there was an attempted insurrection on January 6 at the capitol building.

Then. EVERYTHING, became one EXCEPT........................ the attempted one at the capitol building.

Another one, you never heard teabaggers claim ANY riot was an insurrection, until there was an attempted insurrection on January 6 at the capitol building.

Then. EVERYTHING, became one EXCEPT........................ the attempted one at the capitol building.
Exactly. And they think it's not obvious.

They know what he is. They know what this is. And they don't care. That's how full of rage and paranoia they are from believing what they're told. They've been manipulated into a state of pure desperation, and nothing else matters.

I can't think of anything Trump has ACTUALLY done that even remotely compares to the liberal Democrats supporting race riots and civil unrest for months. And then the Dems are concerned with the singular event of Jan 6th that lasted 3 hours with one PROTESTER shot dead by DC cops. I am like: What did I miss?

Ok, let’s compare and contrast. This should be fun right?

Ok, let’s say that the Protesters in any city, say Portland. Let’s say they win. They manage to burn the city to the ground. Ok, perhaps a million people are affected. They have to relocate, they have to get their insurance to pay them money for lost business. That would be what? 1/300th of the nations population?

The nation continues as it always has. Other cities are unaffected, 49 states are unaffected. People study what happened in Portland and come up with ways to prevent it.

This never came close to happening by the way. It was primarily people attacking Federal Buildings downtown. Unable to breach the buildings because the structures are hardened. Especially after Oklahoma City. Which is a much better example. A dissident group blew up the Federal Building in a city. The city continued. The nation continued. The Federal Offices were rebuilt and relocated. The nation survived without any real harm.

But let’s say that the January 6th Insurgents won. Let’s say they got their hands on Politicians. They were beating on police. We can assume they would at least beat the Politicians can’t we? Do we honestly think they would stop there?

What happens to our nation if those people win? How many dead Representatives would there be? Perhaps only Nancy Pelosi. Not a big deal right? Only the person who is third in line for the Presidency in the Act of Succession.

Perhaps the Protestors win, and Trump is reappointed as President. We are no longer a Democracy, or a Republic. We are a Dictatorship at that moment. We are no longer a nation governed by the Constitution.

The worst possible outcome from Protestors in Portland, or Seattle, is the destruction of a city. Unlikely, but possible. The worst possible outcome from January 6th is the destruction of the Nation.

Comparing the two is like comparing a minor cold to Ebola. Yes they are both diseases, and yes they both affect the body. But there the comparison ends. Ebola has about a sixty percent chance of killing you. The cold has a chance of inconveniencing you. But you idiots on the right continuously compare two things that are very different, and insist they are the same. In fact, you shout that the Protests in Portland are far worse.

It’s a lie. And if you don’t see that, you are part of the lie, and I don’t know what explanation is worse. Either you know it is is a lie, and you repeat it anyway. In which case you are despicable. Or you honestly believe the people shouting and throwing things at the Federal Courthouse in Portland or Seattle is worse. In which case you are just as despicable.

I want to know what you think D. Trump ACTUALLY did that made him so despicable.

Well where to begin?

First Trump never understood the office he held. He wasn’t just a CEO in charge of a Company. He was the President. He wouldn’t learn. I expected him to make mistakes as he began. I was willing to accept the early dumb mistakes as learning opportunities. His Executive Orders, every single one of them overturned by Judges. Ok, he was learning to coordinate with and learn the limits of his authority by trial and error.

The problem is, the errors just didn’t stop. He kept making them. The problem is that Trump considers himself to be the expert of all. Take Law.

The White House Councils office is tasked with an enormous job. They have to figure out a way to get the desires of the administration to fit within the existing legal framework. In other words, to find out a way to do what the President wants, legally.

For Trump. Lawyers are intended after the fact. When he has done whatever he wants, the Lawyer fixes it afterwards.

I’ve read several articles about interviews with Trump attorneys. He dictates to the lawyer what he wants them to say. He claims to know more about the law because he’s been sued so often. If you hire an expert to advise and represent you, you really ought to listen to that expert. You may not do what they say, but you better give them a good hard listen and consider what they say.

The Trump love is based not upon his accomplishments. He accomplished almost nothing the entire time he was in office. Every single Executive Order was overturned. His relaxation of the Banking Regulations fertilized the ground to insure that future failures would happen. As if we never learned anything from the Crash of 2008.

In 2016 I voted for Trump. I believed he could learn, and be a good President. After six months in office, I was convinced that the first thing that the Chief of Staff needed to do was take a hammer to Trump’s phone to get him off of Twitter. By 2020, I was certain I wouldn’t vote for Trump ever again. I didn’t vote in 2020. I didn’t like either steaming pile of shit.

So why do you all love Trump? It isn’t based upon his accomplishments. Those were non existent. It wasn’t based upon his policies. Those were knee jerk and idiotic. One of his last acts was to order the return of roughly a third of our troops from Europe. Imagine where Russia would be now if Trump had gotten his way. Not tied down in Ukraine, but probably taking coffee in Paris.

All the things you say didn’t happen while he was in office. Happened because he was in office. Take Afghanistan. The disaster that was the withdrawal. Because of the Trump ordered drawdowns and agreements with the Taliban, coupled with the reports from the Intel Community about how the Afghanistan Army would fight, running for the exit was about all we could do. We didn’t have enough people left to stay, down to less than 5,000 people in the entire country. We couldn’t do a phased withdrawal, not enough people, not enough time.

It was the fall of Saigon all over again.

Rush Limbaugh used to famously say that the Left was fond of Style over Substance. Intentions were all that mattered. Yet with a single President the Right has taken that mantle on and worn it with pride. The change to NAFTA didn’t do squat. It was a name change and a couple cosmetic changes. Nothing of substance was affected at all. Jobs are still shipped to Mexico. None of the jobs came home. Ford, GM, and everyone else has factories in Mexico. None of those factories closed down.

Mexican Truckers are still running our roads. The only difference thanks to Trump? The Mexican Trucker can drop off a load in America, and pick up a load going back to Mexico, they can no longer carry loads between strictly domestic destinations. That’s about it.

Of course, the Right doesn’t want to talk about that. They just want to shout that Trump fixed NAFTA.

By this time, it should be obvious that Trump is the kiss of death for anyone who associates with him. Factories he visited to make a big deal of how they were going to stay Domestic? Those factories closed. They moved, to Mexico usually. Lawyers go to Trump to lose their license.

If Trump is the Candidate in 24, I won’t vote for him, and my wife who did vote for him in 2020, won’t vote for him. Biden isn’t great. He barely qualifies as Mediocre, but that is better than Trump.

OMG

is that something on the level of... say, grabbing millions of dollars from hostile foreign nations for influence peddling, setting up shell companies that don't do a damn thing or provide any goods... aka money laundering, which affects foreign policy (national security)

which of course affects ALL Americans adversely?

somehow I think that's just a tad worse than "insulting people" :rolleyes:

Oh, the humanity!

They’re still absolutely no evidence that anyone in the Biden family did anything of the kind. Your entire post consists of Rep. Comer’s conspiracy theories, based on facts not in evidence.

Then there’s the sticky problem at all of his witnesses, and his informant seem to have “disappeared”.

Donald Trump’s policies allowed a deadly disease to run unchecked, killed 1 million Americans from Covid, crashed the economy, and ignoted the worst race riots in nearly 60 years.

Trump let the race, riots, run, unchecked, or, in order to boost his chances of reelection.

Trump lied about Covid, did nothing for three months, and then stood back and let the chaos he created with supply chains, and distortions of CDC device to take their toll. The worst rate of disease and death in the world.

There is substantial evidence that members of the Trump family took billions of dollars from Saudi Arabia, China, Turkey, Kuwait, and the UAE.

And you’re still trying to slough this off as “mean Tweets”??? How stupid and gullible are you?

In absolutely no way is this true.

Really? You can’t argue that Trump didn’t order the withdrawal of troops from Europe. That would be a catastrophe about now wouldn’t it? Biden canceled that order and thank God he did.

You can’t argue that changing from NAFTA to USMC was a great deal. Everyone including you knows that is not true.

You can’t argue that the Factories that Trump visited didn’t move. They did.

Every one of his Executive Orders were overturned by the Courts.

Well where to begin?

First Trump never understood the office he held. He wasn’t just a CEO in charge of a Company. He was the President. He wouldn’t learn. I expected him to make mistakes as he began. I was willing to accept the early dumb mistakes as learning opportunities. His Executive Orders, every single one of them overturned by Judges. Ok, he was learning to coordinate with and learn the limits of his authority by trial and error.

The problem is, the errors just didn’t stop. He kept making them. The problem is that Trump considers himself to be the expert of all. Take Law.

The White House Councils office is tasked with an enormous job. They have to figure out a way to get the desires of the administration to fit within the existing legal framework. In other words, to find out a way to do what the President wants, legally.

For Trump. Lawyers are intended after the fact. When he has done whatever he wants, the Lawyer fixes it afterwards.

I’ve read several articles about interviews with Trump attorneys. He dictates to the lawyer what he wants them to say. He claims to know more about the law because he’s been sued so often. If you hire an expert to advise and represent you, you really ought to listen to that expert. You may not do what they say, but you better give them a good hard listen and consider what they say.

The Trump love is based not upon his accomplishments. He accomplished almost nothing the entire time he was in office. Every single Executive Order was overturned. His relaxation of the Banking Regulations fertilized the ground to insure that future failures would happen. As if we never learned anything from the Crash of 2008.

In 2016 I voted for Trump. I believed he could learn, and be a good President. After six months in office, I was convinced that the first thing that the Chief of Staff needed to do was take a hammer to Trump’s phone to get him off of Twitter. By 2020, I was certain I wouldn’t vote for Trump ever again. I didn’t vote in 2020. I didn’t like either steaming pile of shit.

So why do you all love Trump? It isn’t based upon his accomplishments. Those were non existent. It wasn’t based upon his policies. Those were knee jerk and idiotic. One of his last acts was to order the return of roughly a third of our troops from Europe. Imagine where Russia would be now if Trump had gotten his way. Not tied down in Ukraine, but probably taking coffee in Paris.

All the things you say didn’t happen while he was in office. Happened because he was in office. Take Afghanistan. The disaster that was the withdrawal. Because of the Trump ordered drawdowns and agreements with the Taliban, coupled with the reports from the Intel Community about how the Afghanistan Army would fight, running for the exit was about all we could do. We didn’t have enough people left to stay, down to less than 5,000 people in the entire country. We couldn’t do a phased withdrawal, not enough people, not enough time.

It was the fall of Saigon all over again.

Rush Limbaugh used to famously say that the Left was fond of Style over Substance. Intentions were all that mattered. Yet with a single President the Right has taken that mantle on and worn it with pride. The change to NAFTA didn’t do squat. It was a name change and a couple cosmetic changes. Nothing of substance was affected at all. Jobs are still shipped to Mexico. None of the jobs came home. Ford, GM, and everyone else has factories in Mexico. None of those factories closed down.

Mexican Truckers are still running our roads. The only difference thanks to Trump? The Mexican Trucker can drop off a load in America, and pick up a load going back to Mexico, they can no longer carry loads between strictly domestic destinations. That’s about it.

Of course, the Right doesn’t want to talk about that. They just want to shout that Trump fixed NAFTA.

By this time, it should be obvious that Trump is the kiss of death for anyone who associates with him. Factories he visited to make a big deal of how they were going to stay Domestic? Those factories closed. They moved, to Mexico usually. Lawyers go to Trump to lose their license.

If Trump is the Candidate in 24, I won’t vote for him, and my wife who did vote for him in 2020, won’t vote for him. Biden isn’t great. He barely qualifies as Mediocre, but that is better than Trump.

Thank you for your brilliant post. The only thing I would disagree with you is that NAFTA 2.0 made trade deficits much worse for the USA, but Canada came out the big winner. Mexico benefitted slightly, the USA not at all.

Thanks NAFTA 2.0, Canada is running an overall trade surplus with the USA, for the first time in my lifetime.

In 2016, your trade deficit with Canada was less than $11 billion. In 2019, the last year before we locked down production, it was $25 billion, and last year “$81 billion.

All of Donald Trump’s much vaunted trade agreements, to stop the rest of the world from “taking advantage” of the USA, ended up increasing your trade deficits.

Under Obama in 2016, your trade deficit was $785 billion, which was down from $816 billion in 2008, W’s last year in office. The TD was fairly stable through this administration.

Under Donald Trump’s trade policies/trade wars, your trade deficit ballooned to $845 billion in 2019, and is currently $1.076 TRILLION dollars.

Donald Trump promised the American people he would wipe out this trade deficit within eight years and within four years he increased it by more than 25%.

When he began filling his administration with swamp people i.e. bank execs, big corporate shills, and neocons, I realized I had been hoodwinked into voting for just another self-serving billionaire-capitalist. I thought, maybe I should say, hoped, that I was voting for a capitalist who had realized the value of the working class, reforming himself into a genuine populist or servant of the people. He promised those 1400 workers in the Carrier plant in Indiana during his campaign that they wouldn't lose their jobs:

In less than a year of his administration, Carrier closed their plant in Indiana and moved it to Mexico, laying off ALL of those workers. Trump did nothing to penalize Carrier. He didn't tax their airconditioning units manufactured in Mexico, he didn't strip them of any tax cuts or benefits, he didn't use his power as president, to scare the pants off of Carrier, he just remained silent. Why should we be surprised, when the CEO of Carrier and all of its board members are of the same socioeconomic class as Trump? Trump really serves his own class, not the working class. He's playing white working-class people like a fiddle, portraying himself as a populist.

Now I must admit, despite his flaws and mistakes, he did a pretty good job with our economy. One might point to the fact he raised taxes a bit for the working class and lowered it for the rich, but nonetheless, his emphasis on energy independence and AMERICA FIRST was making us more independent and productive, opening new opportunities for the working-class. Gas prices were low. He also extended a hand of peace to North Korea, to de-escalate tensions. So I do give credit to where it's due, he wasn't that bad of a president until covid hit. He handled that poorly, and that's an understatement. I have mixed feelings about Trump.

Last edited:
When he began filling his administration with swamp people i.e. bank execs, big corporate shills, and neocons, I realized I had been hoodwinked into voting for just another self-serving billionaire-capitalist. I thought, maybe I should say, hoped, that I was voting for a capitalist who had realized the value of the working class, reforming himself into a genuine populist or servant of the people. He promised those 1400 workers in the Carrier plant in Indiana during his campaign that they wouldn't lose their jobs:

In less than a year of his administration, Carrier closed their plant in Indiana and moved it to Mexico, laying off ALL of those workers. Trump did nothing to penalize Carrier. He didn't tax their airconditioning units manufactured in Mexico, he didn't strip them of any tax cuts or benefits, he didn't use his power as president, to scare the pants off of Carrier, he just remained silent. Why should we be surprised, when the CEO of Carrier and all of its board members are of the same socioeconomic class as Trump? Trump really serves his own class, not the working class. He's playing white working-class people like a fiddle.

Now I must admit, despite his flaws and mistakes, he did a pretty good job with our economy. One might point to the fact he raised taxes a bit for the working class and lowered it for the rich, but nonetheless, his emphasis on energy independence and AMERICA FIRST was making us productive and opening new opportunities for working-class people. So I do give credit to where it's due, he wasn't a bad president until covid hit. He handled that poorly, and that's an understatement.

We were NEVER energy independent. Up until 2020 (COVID) the US imported 7-9 million bpd. We still do. Domestic production is around 12 million bpd and we use 20 million bpd.

Trump was just lying.

He's sometimes petulant, petty, irritating, annoying, obnoxious. That makes him difficult to like by a lot of us.

But I'll put up with petulant, petty, irritating, annoying, obnoxious to get love for America and Americans and the results he got for us in his time in office:
--an economy that was significantly raising individual and family wealth in ALL demographics
--a tax policy and reduced unnecessary regulation that encouraged entrepreneurship and was bringing jobs back to the USA from abroad and we were not hemorrhaging jobs to other countries
--the most secure border any of us have seen in our lifetime. Mexico had 25,000 troops on THEIR southern border preventing the caravans from coming up
--energy independence that not only helped keep inflation low but gave us much increased national security
--respect in the world again. They might not like it, but our allies were paying a lot more of their fair share in return for the security we provide them
--The closest thing to world peace I've ever witnessed in my very long lifetime.

I don't vote for personality. I vote for results that are good for America and Americans and by default the world.

We were NEVER energy independent. Up until 2020 (COVID) the US imported 7-9 million bpd. We still do. Domestic production is around 12 million bpd and we use 20 million bpd.

Trump was just lying.
He was moving us in that direction, unlike other presidents. But yeah, we weren't energy-independent, thanks for clarifying.

Wow. You're dense.
How so? I sited verifiable insults from other Presidents and/or Presidential candidates. How in God’s name is that dense? Your retort is specious at best and definitely lacks substance. Otherwise, you just wanted to hurl an insult.

Forum List

Back