Homeless veterans left out while illegal aliens get taxpayer cash. Why?

If spending the money on illegals bothers you, then make sure your elected officials know.

But the powers-that-be have been ignoring the needs of our veterans 6 decades or more. The people who dole out the benefits and money are politicians. They only give a shit about veterans when it is time for a photo op.

Can anyone explain this? Why are veterans in NY, who served their nation, not treated as well as illegal aliens?

Cotton: NY's Homeless Veterans Ineligible for $15.6K Payments to Illegals (breitbart.com)
More of the tiny neighborhoods are needed for veterans who are currently homeless. These on-going efforts are helping our veterans who we've kicked to the curb through many adminstrations without any real help. It takes community effort and a plan, not waiting around for our red taped mess of a layered federal government to save the day.

These mini-neighborhoods are being built for veterans in TX, KY, KS, SD, as well as in other states.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
If spending the money on illegals bothers you, then make sure your elected officials know.

But the powers-that-be have been ignoring the needs of our veterans 6 decades or more. The people who dole out the benefits and money are politicians. They only give a shit about veterans when it is time for a photo op.
Sadly, the U.S. homeless population can't seem to garner the same level of political support that democrats lavish on those who've come here illegally. :(

Can anyone explain this? Why are veterans in NY, who served their nation, not treated as well as illegal aliens?

Cotton: NY's Homeless Veterans Ineligible for $15.6K Payments to Illegals (breitbart.com)
More of the tiny neighborhoods are needed for veterans who are currently homeless. These on-going efforts are helping our veterans who we've kicked to the curb through many adminstrations without any real help. It takes community effort and a plan, not waiting around for our red taped mess of a layered federal government to save the day.

These mini-neighborhoods are being built for veterans in TX, KY, KS, SD, as well as in other states.

I think the tiny communities are amazing and would love to see more of them. In addition to veterans we need those for young people who've aged out of foster care and even the elderly. Those are populations that we're seeing in increased numbers on the streets.

Because Breitbart said it so it must be true. Breitbart wouldn’t make it up if it wasn’t true would they???

Here’s a clue idiot: illegals aren’t eligible for those payments either. You have to have a valid social security number and a bank account to get them.

One look at the sources tells me this is Grade A bullshit. then I checked. yep. It is.
Yep....first of all, homeless vets haven't been getting the help they deserve for a very very long time. Second of all, the claim about illegals getting taxpayer cash is a lie.

Because Breitbart said it so it must be true. Breitbart wouldn’t make it up if it wasn’t true would they???

Here’s a clue idiot: illegals aren’t eligible for those payments either. You have to have a valid social security number and a bank account to get them.
You do this in seemingly every thread. Breitbart isn't the source, they are quoting the NY Times. Stop lying all all of the time.

The New York Times
@nytimes
New York will offer one-time payments of up to $15,600 to undocumented immigrants who lost work during the pandemic. The effort — a $2.1 billion fund in the state budget — is by far the biggest of its kind in the U.S. $2.1 Billion for Undocumented Workers Signals New York’s Progressive Shift

I always hate the comparisons to US Veterans when discussing a hot topic. I remember when it was refugees. "No taking in refugees until all our veterans are taken care of." Now it is the illegal immigrants. "No money for illegal immigrants until our vets are taken care of!" I recall the same about young gays or trans people. "No money for gays or trans people until all our veterans are taken care of!"

Funny, whether the other groups gets what they need or not, the veterans are always left hanging. We, as a nation, should be ashamed.

State level.

Undocumented workers are eligible to receive $15,600 if they can prove they are New York state residents who are ineligible for unemployment benefits due to their immigration status, and lost income due to the pandemic.

New York State Veteran Benefits

I'm sure vets who were out of work due to the pandemic were eligible for other benefits too.

People who aren't fucking twits ( I know that leaves YOU out ) are able to use Google and realize that this information is available from left wing sources as well as right wing sources. $2.1 Billion for Undocumented Workers Signals New York’s Progressive Shift

One look at the sources tells me this is Grade A bullshit. then I checked. yep. It is.
Yep....first of all, homeless vets haven't been getting the help they deserve for a very very long time. Second of all, the claim about illegals getting taxpayer cash is a lie.
A lie? Would the New York Times lie to little ole you? $2.1 Billion for Undocumented Workers Signals New York’s Progressive Shift

Forum List

Back