What love songs did you grow up with, dance to?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Thinking about those years so long ago going to the school dance in grade school, it was all new to us. I recall Phil Collins, Berlin's "Take my breath away" was a huge hit as Top Gun came out. Bon Jovi was huge too and They had some faves my generation would slow dance to.

The Motels did that song originally for that soundtrack. I like their version better.
I didn't know that. It is the first song a girl asked me to dance to and I didn't have the courage lol. If only we could feel life and confront our fears.

Takes courage to confront yourself. If you're lucky you'll find someone who will force you to.
I'm too soft. Always have been very insecure deep down, it's why I hit the weights and wanted to always improve. I was a mommas boy from birth but my military dad hardened me, for the worse at times. I remember recording love songs from the radio after school, had to have been clinically depressed.

Like anyone else, I've been 'weak' so many times, but the trick is recognizing it, vs. the usual denial Shocked one

~S~
I'm just too weak. I'm a man and I loved and married an abusive woman. Thinking back to who I was even as a young man, I was not meant for the world and it's challenges. It wasn't supposed to be this way, my dreams and ideals, a desire to find love the way one would in a song. It's just a dream that I should have let to of long ago.

I'm just too weak. I'm a man and I loved and married an abusive woman. Thinking back to who I was even as a young man, I was not meant for the world and it's challenges. It wasn't supposed to be this way, my dreams and ideals, a desire to find love the way one would in a song. It's just a dream that I should have let to of long ago.
I've worn your shoes Shocked one. In my case i ran away from the world long ago. I'm a recluse because i'm a diehard misanthropist

admitting
it's hard, living up to it is.....

but i digress.....you asked......

~S~

I've worn your shoes Shocked one. In my case i ran away from the world long ago. I'm a recluse because i'm a diehard misanthropist

admitting
it's hard, living up to it is.....

but i digress.....you asked......

~S~

Every Beatles love song is a winner. Don't forget Something, though And I Love Her might be my fave from them, criminally underrated. Beautiful drums that set the ambience. I don't hate society, I hate that I didn't find my paradise early in life, I was too loyal.

Thinking about those years so long ago going to the school dance in grade school, it was all new to us. I recall Phil Collins, Berlin's "Take my breath away" was a huge hit as Top Gun came out. Bon Jovi was huge too and They had some faves my generation would slow dance to.
I remember the first school dance I went to I danced all night to the current rage, the Twist by Chubby Checker. Unfortunately that was the peak of my dancing career.

Much later, I did slow dance with my first love for what seemed like hours. The song was Light my Fire by the Doors.

Forum List

Back