What Legislation Do We Need to get Work Refusniks off the Couch?

That’s the problem! They are given options:

1) You can take the job at Walmart for $18 an hour, or

2) You can goof off all day and have someone else provide food and housing.

We need to take away that option and require able-bodied adults to work.
Where do I sign up? I'm having some health problems right now and working is difficult with IBS. Having to run to the bathroom every ten minutes with the most unspeakably nasty diarrhea has really cut down on my productivity. It really sucks. It all comes out in one massive gas propelled explosion of brown chunks and strings of mucous. The hemorrhoids are worse than ever and they sometimes bleed just to add to my misery. So please tell me where to get the free money.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.

The legislation we need to get the refuseniks off the couch is a law that would do away with ankle monitors and "at home confinement", and send them to labor camps instead.

Why do I have to research them to help YOU mooch off of other people? If you want to quit your job and take other people’s money, do it yourself.

I've looked. I can't seem to find these programs you claim exist. Seems you can't either.

You have a twisted view of our society
In your world, everyone is getting a handout and exploiting the system.

The reality is that we have 3.5 percent unemployment rate. Workers have multiple options available to them. They can demand better pay and better working conditions
Did I say everyone is getting a handout? i SPECIFICALLY said that adults living with their parents in a six-figure income HH, and who refuse to work a job, should not be getting taxpayer money for support.

And how do workers have multiple options? You mean they can decide to a) be responsible and get a job, or b) play video games all day and take OPM? That’s the “option” you leftists have created In your march toward getting everyone government-dependent.

Where do I sign up? I'm having some health problems right now and working is difficult with IBS. Having to run to the bathroom every ten minutes with the most unspeakably nasty diarrhea has really cut down on my productivity. It really sucks. It all comes out in one massive gas propelled explosion of brown chunks and strings of mucous. The hemorrhoids are worse than ever and they sometimes bleed just to add to my misery. So please tell me where to get the free money.
I haven’t looked into free money, so I don’t know the specifics - but it sounds like you might qualify for SSI, the disability program. Good luck.

The answer is NOT increasing the minimum wage, as I see signs all over the place offering $17 and $18 an hour to run a cash register or restock clothes on shelves. The answer is to stop giving taxpayer money away to people able to work and who simply feel jobs are beneath them.

1. Any adult not working a full-time job and living with a parent in a six-figure household should be exempt welfare-type benefits:

a) I know a young mother, now divorced, who moved in with her mother (a GS 14), who not only gets child support for her two children, as she should, she also gets food stamps, Medicaid for her kids, and a host of other benefits. She works one day a week, as a fill-in receptionist for a vet.

b) I also know a woman in her 50s, who lives with her parents, both of whom are retired government professionals with a six-figure pension. She too gets food stamps, and works two afternoons a week at the library.

2. Any parent in a two-parent household, where neither is working, should get no welfare. I know a couple (with kids) where both refuse to get a job, saying what’s available is beneath them, and they are getting rent relief, food stamps, Medicaid, and so forth.
I don't think she can collect welfare living in her well paid mother's house.... Welfare counts all income in the household the applicant lives in....

Did I say everyone is getting a handout? i SPECIFICALLY said that adults living with their parents in a six-figure income HH, and who refuse to work a job, should not be getting taxpayer money for support.

And how do workers have multiple options? You mean they can decide to a) be responsible and get a job, or b) play video games all day and take OPM? That’s the “option” you leftists have created In your march toward getting everyone government-dependent.

Your “I know a guy” analogies do not reflect our society as a whole
You ignore factors like the average house costing over $400,000 and rents approaching $2,000 a month
You also ignore rising costs of childcare while you criticize single mothers who move in with their parents

I don't think she can collect welfare living in her well paid mother's house.... Welfare counts all income in the house the applicant lives in....
Then she’s cheating, because she is.

Your “I know a guy” analogies do not reflect our society as a whole
You ignore factors like the average house costing over $400,000 and rents approaching $2,000 a month
You also ignore rising costs of childcare while you criticize single mothers who move in with their parents
i criticize single mothers who move in with their $150,000 a year parents and get food stamps.

You make excuses for all these people taking other people’s money.

More of your twisted view of the American workforce
You are the only one who works hard for your money and everyone else is a deadbeat.
We have 3.5 percent unemployment which shows workers are not sitting on their asses

The last time minimum wage was raised was in 2009, 13 years ago. It hasn’t kept up with the cost of living by any means. Walmart wage rates, for example, run from $10/hour for cashier/sticker to $18.49/contact center engineer in WV. A Walmart optician earns 14.95/hr in Front Royal, VA. Average Walmart sales associate earns 13.30 an hour. Walmart is a good example of retail entry level jobs. $17 or $18 is probably in an area with a very high cost of living.

Entry level jobs were never meant to be career jobs, but to be used for entry level workers to use to obtain the skills they need to move on to bigger and better jobs.

You can't expect companies to pay top wages for entry level skills.

The true minimum wage is zero.

1661605672712.png

i criticize single mothers who move in with their $150,000 a year parents and get food stamps.

You make excuses for all these people taking other people’s money.

Sounds like more bullshit stories from you trying to justify your “everyone is a deadbeat but me“ rants

Entry level jobs were never meant to be career jobs, but to be used for entry level workers to use to obtain the skills they need to move on to bigger and better jobs.

That was before those better jobs went overseas.

A few months from now it'll be a different story. Labor markets are going to cool off in a big way, because the Fed still has people smart enough to understand the consequences of letting inflation get out of hand. Had we elected the Orange Skinned Dipshit to another term, we would have had a clown car Fed and we'd be on our way to an economic depression instead of a moderate to hard recession.

On its own, ceteris paribus, we're probably looking at a mild recession late 22 or early 23. But that assumes other black swan events don't happen, and the danger here is that we're living in black swan times with several black swan events on the horizon - anything from the collapse of the European Union to a Chinese invasion of Taiwan, to ecological collapse of China and further disruption of the supply chain, to ecological collapse here in the US and disruption of global food supply.

We're entering the abyss. There's going to be some tough love dished out, but at least we have people with IQs over room temperature at the helm making the important decisions. January 2025? Could be a completely different story.
We are in recession now and well on the way to depression. And NONE of it is a result of "orange man". It's all a result of the Left's economic theories being implemented.

You can't expect companies to pay top wages for entry level skills.

The true minimum wage is zero.

View attachment 687825
Winner, winner Chicken Dinner

That is what is happening. Low skilled workers are given opportunities to move up the ladder and are taking them.
It leaves those unskilled jobs un filled

We are in recession now and well on the way to depression. And NONE of it is a result of "orange man". It's all a result of the Left's economic theories being implemented.

Trump argued for negative interest rates. How do you suppose that would have went over?

They are denied welfare if the household income is six figured, are you really this ignorant of welfare rules?

Forum List

Back