What kind of spying justifies this amount of acreage in Bluffdale, Utah

A landfill collects garbage with little to no analysis. I see this as the same thing.

Oh contraire mon ami, If massive collection didn't produce tangible results, you wouldn't have Google/Facebook and others doing the same thing and selling it to 3rd parties..

That "garbage" is ALL of your connections, associations and contacts. They know more about you than your family. They can MAP out an individuals' social circle to the 10th level and FIND connections to crime that you dont even know about.

That's the whole premise of Facebook's business plan.. "The Social Network". Watch the movie. Get a clue.

I believe "freedom of association" is an enumerated right. And certainly freedom from being a SUSPECT because of your connections is probably very close to that.

Most people just blew off Edward Snowden as a traitor. He laid it out and most people ignored it. In the time I spent in this area -- it would be UNTHINKABLE to use the most technologically competent spy org on the planet to spy on citizens. In HIS position, it's possible I might blow the whistle.

(There goes my chances of future clearances) :omg:

The Pentagon is nearly 7 million square feet. Our local Army Human resources command is almost 900,000 square feet.

Your data storage center is small compared to the Pentagon and only slightly larger than our Army HRC.
The pentagon was built when filing cabinets and folders were the order of the day.
Not billions of data stored on a postage like at bluffdale

Almost got me G. Almost got me... :p
The question is what kind of data are they maintaining? My understanding of past claims was the NSA reported it only stored phone numbers you called, which is a treasure trove of intelligence and it is all public information and violates no ones rights.

Do you know of something different that would be private?

San Antonio, Maryland and where else ?

The article didn't say. From the link in the OP: The Utah Data Center is located at Camp Williams in Bluffdale. It cost $1.5 billion to build, and it was the first of its kind. The Intelligence Community Comprehensive National Cyber-Security Initiative Data Center is one of four such centers in the country.

The Pentagon is nearly 7 million square feet. Our local Army Human resources command is almost 900,000 square feet.

Your data storage center is small compared to the Pentagon and only slightly larger than our Army HRC.

Yeah, but it doesnt house people. It houses computers. Lots and lots and lots of computers.

Your observation is useless.

We all know the amount of information you can store on your personal computer. Pretty massive for what we do.
But how much spying into our personal lives justifies the amount of acreage at this NSA facility.
The United States is controlled by the top 1% The bottom 70% are too poor and I dunno about the other 29%
The answer is obvious, the government wants to become more intrusive into our lives. Your 600 dollar transaction will be stored here.

I wonder...how many alarms went off at spy agencies when they saw the words. Bluffdale Utah.
Nobody talks about Bluffdale. When I was a kid it was the place where flat earthers dropped off the planet.

While people don't reference the specific town

The data centers in utah have been referenced constantly for at least half a decade. Probably closer to a decade IDK when they built em

Mass surveillance has been reported on in the MSM since Drake and the pre internet era.

Mass surveillance has been reported on in the MSM since Drake and the pre internet era.
Not reported on in a responsible way.

They ruined Thomas Drake's life, as well as William Binney's and others.

The American public is generally clueless of the level of surveillance we're under ....but yes--they were spying on us before 9/11-- but after that they expanded a thousand-fold.

The American public is generally clueless of the level of surveillance we're under ....but yes--they were spying on us before 9/11-- but after that they expanded a thousand-fold.

It was out there and easy to point to

*shrug*

Point is plenty of people knew and in what used to be "woke" circles was very very common knowledge.

The problem is that cluelessness is willful.

People will essentially go along with anything if they are kept well fed and basic needs are met.

I think we're on the same page,
but you're missing my point.....it was never "common knowledge"...

That's the illusion they want you to perceive.

Dude if it's in the NY times, our nations paper of record, it becomes common knowledge

What do you want them to do? lol

They copped to all of it out in the open. People's ignorance is not the state being clever and crafting an illusion. lol

Forum List

Back