What James Madison (1793 Founder of Republican Party and author of Constitution) said about how lib

Madison said faction is to freedom what air is to fire.

To prevent faction and civil war he gave us the greatest gift in human history, the Constitution. Immediately thereafter liberals (called Federalists a the time) appeared to represent a faction that wanted the Constitution to mean anything they wanted it to mean and thus the blueprint Madison gave us was undermined if not destroyed. Today, as a result, we are perhaps more divided than ever before thanks to those who lack the wisdom to understand Madison's Constitution. What was Madison's greatest regret: he wasn't even more clear in his Constitution about the need to make the liberal faction instantly illegal whenever it appeared.

Madison spelled out what it means, Progs just ignore it.

As Madison said about the General Welfare Clause of the Constitution.

"If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare,
and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare,
they may take the care of religion into their own hands;
they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish
and pay them out of their public treasury;
they may take into their own hands the education of children,
establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union;
they may assume the provision of the poor;
they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads;
in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation
down to the most minute object of police,
would be thrown under the power of Congress.... Were the power
of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for,
it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature
of the limited Government established by the people of America."

Madison said faction is to freedom what air is to fire.

To prevent faction and civil war he gave us the greatest gift in human history, the Constitution. Immediately thereafter liberals (called Federalists a the time) appeared to represent a faction that wanted the Constitution to mean anything they wanted it to mean and thus the blueprint Madison gave us was undermined if not destroyed. Today, as a result, we are perhaps more divided than ever before thanks to those who lack the wisdom to understand Madison's Constitution. What was Madison's greatest regret: he wasn't even more clear in his Constitution about the need to make the liberal faction instantly illegal whenever it appeared.

Madison, and the Founding Fathers, would be revolted by liberals.
They talk to you, do they?

They left me letters and documents. Speak to me every time I read them.

I think those are probably restraining orders.

Madison had nothing to do with the Republican Party
He was also one of the biggest liberals of his day

Not by modern definition. Why don't you quit shilling that nonsense.

A liberal is a liberal

Your ignorance on this matter is astounding. Ergo, I must consider that it is intentional.
Conservatives of the day supported the King

Just like today, they followed the money

Here, in not too many words for you, a simple primer.

Difference Between Modern Liberalism and Classical Liberalism
LOL
Fake news

The issues of liberalism may change as society faces new challenges

But a Liberal is a liberal is a liberal
And Conservatives remain assholes no matter what era

Not by modern definition. Why don't you quit shilling that nonsense.

A liberal is a liberal

Your ignorance on this matter is astounding. Ergo, I must consider that it is intentional.

LOL
Fake news

Sometimes it's fun watching retards without their helmets. Thank you for the entertainment.

A liberal is a liberal

LOL
Fake news

Sometimes it's fun watching retards without their helmets. Thank you for the entertainment.
I accept your concession

Now explain to the nice people who the conservatives were during our founding

LOL
Fake news

I accept your concession

Going by his posting I thought it was a "concussion".

I just love reading revisionist conservative history

LOL
Fake news

I accept your concession

Requisitioning terminology to its opposite does not change an original definition. The difference is widely accepted in scholarship. Only the stupid reject the fact.

The Tories were the Democrats of their time. Government over liberty.

Hail to the King, baby.

LOL
Fake news

I accept your concession

Shall we give him a hint?

Requisitioning terminology to its opposite does not change an original definition.

Agree, it doesn't. It simply fails on its face and the original continues, two opposite meanings for the same word being impossible.

But this was my point, not Rightwinger's.

The difference is widely accepted in scholarship.

No, it's not. It's mocked, as I just did.

Only the stupid reject the fact.

And you're the klown who just posted to the wrong poster.

Requisitioning terminology to its opposite does not change an original definition.

Agree, it doesn't. It simply fails on its face and the original continues, two opposite meanings for the same word being impossible.

Nah. You were the right target.

Nah. You were the right target.

Correct. I was.
But you posted to Rightwinger.

See post 28.

ooopsie.

Since the Foundation Era liberals have sought to ensure that the rights and protected liberties of the people be safeguarded from government excess and overreach:

That government may not compel adherence to a particular religious doctrine or dogma, nor promote or excessively entangle itself with a particular religious doctrine or dogma, nor prohibit the practice of any religion – including being free from religion altogether.

That free speech and free expression be immune from unwarranted government preemption and regulation – no matter how hateful, destructive, bigoted, or racist that speech might be.

That government may not prohibit a citizen from expressing his individual liberty, or deny him the right to self-determination, the right to privacy, or the right to make personal decisions about his private life free from government interference.

During this Nation’s entire history liberals have defended and fought for the above principles, often defending the rights and protected liberties of the American people from conservatives fearful of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty – conservatives who perceive free speech, free expression, and acts of self-determination as a threat to rightist dogma and the conservative political agenda.

LOL
Fake news

I accept your concession

Requisitioning terminology to its opposite does not change an original definition. The difference is widely accepted in scholarship. Only the stupid reject the fact.

Hail to the King, baby.
words can have multiple meanings and those meanings can change over time. To facilitate communication we use today’s most common meaning rather than burden the reader with knowing different definitions from different centuries Today conservatives favor limited government or freedom from government and liberals the opposite. Jefferson and Madison then were conservatives who founded Republican Party in 1793 and won presidency in 1800. It is extremely easy to look up primary sources and see what name Jefferson and Madison called their party. This would be obvious to all but two-year-olds and liberals.

Since the Foundation Era liberals have sought to ensure that the rights and protected liberties of the people be safeguarded from government excess and overreach:

That government may not compel adherence to a particular religious doctrine or dogma, nor promote or excessively entangle itself with a particular religious doctrine or dogma, nor prohibit the practice of any religion – including being free from religion altogether.

That free speech and free expression be immune from unwarranted government preemption and regulation – no matter how hateful, destructive, bigoted, or racist that speech might be.

That government may not prohibit a citizen from expressing his individual liberty, or deny him the right to self-determination, the right to privacy, or the right to make personal decisions about his private life free from government interference.

During this Nation’s entire history liberals have defended and fought for the above principles, often defending the rights and protected liberties of the American people from conservatives fearful of change, diversity, and expressions of individual liberty – conservatives who perceive free speech, free expression, and acts of self-determination as a threat to rightist dogma and the conservative political agenda.
Sub moronic liberal nonsense of course the definition you are using for liberal is good and the definition for conservative is bad

LOL
Fake news

I accept your concession

Hail to the King, baby.
words can have multiple meanings and those meanings can change over time. To facilitate communication we use today’s most common meaning rather than burden the reader with knowing different definitions from different centuries Today conservatives favor limited government or freedom from government and liberals the opposite. Jefferson and Madison then were conservatives who founded Republican Party in 1793 and won presidency in 1800. It is extremely easy to look up primary sources and see what name Jefferson and Madison called their party. This would be obvious to all but two-year-olds and liberals.

Then it's beyond your reach, because again, imbecile, the Republican Party was founded in Ripon Wisconsin in 1854 --- decades after both Jefferson and Madison --- who were, all together now, Liberals --- were pushing up daisies.

You tried to pull this same shit two years ago claiming Jefferson started it. 28 years after his own death.

Dumbass.

There was another "Republican" party in between too, the American Republican Party (1843) which was a nationalist anti-immigrant anti-Catholic party (basically a forerunner of the Klan). They were commonly called the Know Nothings.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back