What Is Your Own Definition of Liberal and Conservative?

A modern day Republican would not recognize a conservative principle if it kicked them in the balls.

The difference between a liberal and a conservative is very simple. It is the collective vs. the individual.

A conservative believes problems should be solved at the lowest possible level, preferably at the individual level. Then the local level. Then the state level. And as a last resort, at the federal level.

A liberal believes most problems should be solved at the federal level and does not trust the individual to know what is best for themselves.

Both thought processes have flaws.

On the conservative side, it leads to Whites Only lunch counters and water fountains, Heterosexuals Only wedding cakes and marriages, and other tolerances of hatred.

On the liberal side, it leads to transgender competitors breaking every women's athletic record, a government-dependence mentality, and a massively bloated and corrupt federal government completely owned by special interests which control our lives to an unacceptable degree.

Well, that last clause is really the fault of both parties and not a particular political philosophy.

The polarization of both parties today is the result of both parties wandering way, way, way, way off their reservations.

No matter which party is in power, our federal debt skyrockets. That matters to me more than anything else.

The ironic thing is, despite their mutual hatred of each other, the two major parties are more and more alike and I am reminded of the ending of Orwell's Animal Farm.

As the applause dies down and the card game is resumed, the animals creep away from the window. However, they hurry back when they hear a furious argument break out. The argument is because Mr. Pilkington and Napoleon have both played an Ace of Spades at the same time. But as the animals look from Napoleon to Pilkington, from man to pig and from pig back to man, they find that they are unable to tell the difference.

How can you go off on a racist rant to condemn racism? What is it you think is then not permitted?

the same way you display the swastika to condemn Nazis.

I never said it should not be permitted, but it does need to be called out by anyone that does not support Nazism.

the same way you display the swastika to condemn Nazis.

I never said it should not be permitted, but it does need to be called out by anyone that does not support Nazism.
I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. First, I don’t display the swastika. I hate all Nazis and all Nazi-like ideology.

I’m not claiming here that you, personally, have ever done this, but lots of those on the left side of the political spectrum have implicitly or explicitly claimed that Trump was a “Nazi” and they’ve certainly used swastikas to illustrate their moronic contentions.

Were you equally willing to condemn their use of the swastika when they used it to condemn someone they were accusing of Nazi-ism?

I think you’re barking up the wrong tree. First, I don’t display the swastika. I hate all Nazis and all Nazi-like ideology.

I’m not claiming here that you, personally, have ever done this, but lots of those on the left side of the political spectrum have implicitly or explicitly claimed that Trump was a “Nazi” and they’ve certainly used swastikas to illustrate their moronic contentions.

Were you equally willing to condemn their use of the swastika when they used it to condemn someone they were accusing of Nazi-ism?

I have condemned everyone I see using they symbol as their avatar on this forum.

I have condemned everyone I see using they symbol as their avatar on this forum.
So you condemn the display only if used in an avatar?

Have you never seen the swastika used IN a post by a “liberal” attacking Trump?

Would that be something to condemn, too?

Or is it only when you see it used in an avatar that it becomes offensive to you?

After somebody else asked me this question it got me thinking that it was a pretty good question. Here's my answer to it and I'm going to make it short and sweet. A conservative wants and stands for America to be like it's supposed to be,.. a free country. While a liberal wants completely the opposite.
way too simple answer to a complex problem. CONSERVATIVE & LIBERAL are IDEOLOGIES.
REPUBLICAN & DEMOCRAT are POLITICAL PARTYS.

So you condemn the display only if used in an avatar?

Have you never seen the swastika used IN a post by a “liberal” attacking Trump?

Would that be something to condemn, too?

Or is it only when you see it used in an avatar that it becomes offensive to you?

I pretty much ignore over-the-top claims by both sides about who is and who is not an Nazi or a Commie or a Fascist (or sometimes all 3 at the same time).

I find the avatar to be different as it is someone everyone that comes to the forum sees even if you do not enter a thread.

A modern day Republican would not recognize a conservative principle if it kicked them in the balls

Why do you care? There is nothing conservative about you either.

Oh yeah, you're shilling for Democrats, that's why you care.

g5000: Democrats? They're fine just the way they are. Republicans? &*()))))D*******

But Republicans aren't "conservative," classic, while neither you nor your beloved Democrats are either, LOL

Bush, Obama, and Trump have all been smeared with the Nazi label. Hell, it probably goes back even further than that.

Eventually, we will have an actual Nazi wannabe in the White House and no one will listen.

g5000: Democrats? They're fine just the way they are. Republicans? &*()))))D*******

But Republicans aren't "conservative," classic, while neither you nor your beloved Democrats are either, LOL
strawman.jpg

I spend the majority of my time fighting lies, bigotry and hypocrisy.

Tards like you mistake the correction of a lie, in other words the TRUTH, as a left commie plot.

TARD: Trump sez the sun rises in the west and he never lies.
G5000: Um...the sun rises in the east.
TARD: Leftist swamp creature!

I pretty much ignore over-the-top claims by both sides about who is and who is not an Nazi or a Commie or a Fascist (or sometimes all 3 at the same time).

I find the avatar to be different as it is someone everyone that comes to the forum sees even if you do not enter a thread.
It kind of looks like your disdain for the offensive symbol is pretty selective. And I wonder if it is just a pretext by which you can attack a poster with whom you are politically at odds.

I mean, can you name any other USMB board member who has made use of a swastika in his or her avatar?

Point maybe to one or two others whom you have falsely accused of being a Nazi for the offense of using a swastika in an avatar.

Either one's good.
I would answer like this...
Liberals today are basically just virtue signaling robots. They will go along with almost anything... ANYTHING... if it means they get to make themselves feel superior by virtue signaling about it.
Conservatives today are basically stuck in a Twilight Zone episode. Completely surrounded by madness. And not knowing what to do about it. Wondering how did we get to a place where it became a moral act to allow your children to be read to by a man dressed up in a flamboyant caricature of a woman, because he gets sexually excited by it. And somehow think this is a good thing.
The insanity of liberal youth saying gender is a construct, and doesn't really exist... yet... lose their minds if you don't call a man in a dress a woman! I thought gender didn't exist!!?
The madness of removing the bail system which, by design, is to keep the public safe from repeat and violent criminals while they await sentencing for yet another crime they committed. And even when innocent people are getting killed/raped/robbed by these criminals - they double down.

We are in very strange times indeed.

I mean, can you name any other USMB board member who has made use of a swastika in his or her avatar?

There have been 5 or 6 over the last month or so, I have tried to call them all out on it.

Also, I have not falsely accused anyone of being a Nazi, they avatar said they were. Who am I to disagree with them?

Last edited:
There have been 5 or 6 over the last month or so, I have tried to call them all out on it.

Also, I have not falsely accused of being a Nazi
Which individuals have you called out for having swastika symbols? Can you name any?

If I was wrong, I’ll apologize. But I thought you claimed that “anyone” who displayed a swastika is a Nazi. Did you not? (#72)

Well, first Nazi is not a race and second, I call people with the swastika in their avatars Nazis, since that is the symbol of the Nazis.

If you were a SLU fan and had their symbol as your avatar I would call you a Billiken.

This is not really complicated

On the conservative side, it leads to Whites Only lunch counters and water fountains,

Forgive me, I didn't realize that it wasn't even 1970 yet. :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back