What is with the lack of original thought on this site?

Because Ukraine won't kick Russia's ass....The best they can hope fo under a full occupation (which Putin can''t afford and is unlikely to want) is to be a never-ending pain in Russia's ass, with partisan/guerilla attacks and monkey-wrenching.
If Biden wasn't holding up the planes that POLAND wants to send Ukraine---If Nato stepped in and did it job and stop the european invader---then I think Ukraine has an excellent shot. Well other than Putin would blow up the nuke plants out of spite.

conservatism shuts off thought of any kind.

That is the one common thread in conservatives...laziness. It's much easier to be against something in total than to look for nuance, make exceptions, and think long term.

One of the threads here celebrated by the right wing was the state of Wyoming legislature (not the board of education or the University fo Wyoming) deciding to defund gender studies. The thought is either that learning gender studies is not an entree to a good job or a bunch of old white dudes are threatened by it. They didn't shut down football or volleyball...they decided gender studies doesn't teach kids what they need to know.

Now that the board is 70% conservative/russian troll...it's predictable that the level of debate has succumbed along with it.

Blame the mods. They have allowed a monkey crap-fight to take place where you can now baselessly accuse people of being pedophiles without fear that someone will tell you that it's not cool....

conservatism shuts off thought of any kind.
Case in point:

I have noticed that the majority of posts on this site are primarily reproduction of what others have said with little or no original content by the OP. Are we losing the ability to think for ourselves, or have we merely chosen which teams we support and act as their cheerleaders?

Personally, I assign little credibility to "facts" reported on the 24/7 news cycle and even less to their "analysis" by talking heads and measly scriveners. I appreciate different points of view on these forums, as long as they represent sincerely held opinions, but merely repeating the words of others tends to stifle honest debate. Could we please have more of the former and less of the latter?
The REQUIREMENT/DEMANDS of everything needing a link is why there is so little original thought or content.

Forum List

Back