What is with the lack of original thought on this site?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
I have noticed that the majority of posts on this site are primarily reproduction of what others have said with little or no original content by the OP. Are we losing the ability to think for ourselves, or have we merely chosen which teams we support and act as their cheerleaders?

Personally, I assign little credibility to "facts" reported on the 24/7 news cycle and even less to their "analysis" by talking heads and measly scriveners. I appreciate different points of view on these forums, as long as they represent sincerely held opinions, but merely repeating the words of others tends to stifle honest debate. Could we please have more of the former and less of the latter?

Sounds a LOT like ..................

1646759765193.png

I have noticed that the majority of posts on this site are primarily reproduction of what others have said with little or no original content by the OP. Are we losing the ability to think for ourselves, or have we merely chosen which teams we support and act as their cheerleaders?
15,000 posts and you're just now, waking up?!?!?! :hyper:

Nobody has figured out the rules to solve the problems that you are noticing. Do you want to start a partnership, and make some money?

Personally, I assign little credibility to "facts" reported on the 24/7 news cycle and even less to their "analysis" by talking heads and measly scriveners. I appreciate different points of view on these forums, as long as they represent sincerely held opinions, but merely repeating the words of others tends to stifle honest debate. Could we please have more of the former and less of the latter?

Link?

I'm one of the very few here who recognizes that there are no good guys in the Ukraine war, and that all bets should be off...Can only think of a handful who agree with that non-media generated thought.

I'm one of the very few here who recognizes that there are no good guys in the Ukraine war, and that all bets should be off...Can only think of a handful who agree with that non-media generated thought.

Link?

LOL.....What's the point anymore? I can get a point across more effectively with a thoughtfully constructed meme.

Just as a example of what "original thought" gets you:

I've maintained that "race" is nothing but a lame social construct used to classify/divide us and not even remotely based or supported in science.

Of course when asked I'll provide links from people a lot smarter than I am that support my view but neither "side" wants to let go of the construct because it's so ingrained by 120 years of political/media conditioning.

I think it really bugs them when they can't shout "racism" for one thing or another when instead they should be saying so and so is anti-(insert ethnicity here) instead.

I guess saying someone is anti-black, white, etc., is too harsh and to the point for them since the overused term "racism" means almost nothing now.

15,000 posts and you're just now, waking up?!?!?! :hyper:
Well I'm not "woke" if that's what you mean. Actually, I took about a year off from this site after the last election and have recently returned to see if the TDS pundemic had subsided. Instead, it has mutated into a bibliography of political screed. Is this the product of extended isolation and oxygen deprivation or are there other factors at work?

So what ya wanna do about it? If no one is good, why don't we let Ukraine kick Russia's ass and then invade and steal all of Russia's oil?

So what ya wanna do about it? If no one is good, why don't we let Ukraine kick Russia's ass and then invade and steal all of Russia's oil?
Because Ukraine won't kick Russia's ass....The best they can hope fo under a full occupation (which Putin can''t afford and is unlikely to want) is to be a never-ending pain in Russia's ass, with partisan/guerilla attacks and monkey-wrenching.

There is nothing to debate. FUCK JOE BIDEN

Hey, works for me.

Well I'm not "woke" if that's what you mean. Actually, I took about a year off from this site after the last election and have recently returned to see if the TDS pundemic had subsided. Instead, it has mutated into a bibliography of political screed. Is this the product of extended isolation and oxygen deprivation or are there other factors at work?
The real question is, are you Left or Right?

To you have specifics or are you just painting a broad ignorant brush to prove your superiority?

Forum List

Back