What is White Privilege?

Only a certain segment of Caribbean people use the term "mulatto" . Homegirl might be Panamanian or even Dominican. Some form of Latino decent. They have a sordid history of racial strife and confussion. I look forward to her confirmation.

Then you would know they don't agree with "Africans," lol. Buncha Muslims, too. Did you eat cow turds when you visited your umoja people, or did they sell you again? HAHA!
He has to make his money, ie, work for his tickets. You should give it a try. lol.
The only thing I know is you hate yourself and have no clue regarding Africa. Which explains why you hate yourself. I'm off to do some Black things. Dont slit your wrist for being Black in the meantime.
laugh.gif

Dear Asclepias just because your experience and path in this process is different from Carib Gyal's
doesn't make one right and one wrong. Your paths and perceptions cannot be compared because you
are unique and your roles are to ađdress different audiences from different angles.

how else can we expect to cover the broad range of experiences except to have
people working and covering different ground? it is supposed to be this way,
so you can help some people who relate to your approach of overcoming the past and healing,
and Carib Gyal can work with people who don't get that at all and work from a different focus.

This is goơd, not bad.

I don't see either of you as hateful, but just FEARFUL that the other is misguided or missing something
or stuck in some misled mindset. I think your respective compassion toward the community you both address is good,
but your concern for each other is misdirected and coming across as negative or hostile.

If you are that different, then clearly both are nêeded to reach fuller audiences.
Who don't get each other any more than you and CG don't get the other person's perspective either.

The wide range of experiences includes both, not either/or.
I believe the difference is she has nothing but disdain for the american Black community. I embrace Black people no matter where they are from. For some reason she seems to think that there was something different in the water that made the exact same type of people have 2 different experiences in history. Most intelligent people understand the system of slavery was different here in the US as compared to other places. Most intelligent people understand that the systems put in place to maintain white superiority are still active today in this country.

Well if she doesn't understand it in terms of race,
what about spiritual history and cultural history.

It's the same social conditions that caused disruptions, divisions and deep rooted distrust
affecting social groups and perceptions.

We can still talk about the history and stages of healing over many generations.
Race is a factor in how the fear became so dividing, but it doesn't have to be argued over as the cause.

I agrêe with CB the problems starts with the spirit and then it manifests in society, where race religion and political groups manifest how the conflcits and divisions play out in the real world. but it starts in the spirit, and that is where the healing starts also, before it changes the social dynamics of race and economics as a result.
If she doesnt understand in terms of race she is a fool. There is nothing different at all about the Black condition no matter where in the world it occurs...unless its in a country run by Black African people which she also has disdain for. That condition is normally social and economic oppression. Hell she grew up in poverty. Also her comments on "good hair" and the need for one to be mixed with white in order to possess it, is one of the ills affecting Black people world wide. I have no tolerance for such self destructive and idiotic trains of thought. People who think like that are too far gone to be considered someone I can talk to and achieve some progress. If you hate what you are then you have some personal issues that need to be attended to before you can ever consider yourself worthy of leading anyone or fixing in racial or class problems.

Here is just one example of her ignorance and self hate I just happened to find.

Is This Racist Page 31 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Dear Asclepias
I hate to break the news to you, buddy, but everyone I know including you and me
is going to have areas where we have our personal biases and judge people differently by them.

Part of the process of undoing racial and social conditioning is recognizing we have these weird differences
because we are all brought up in unique situations and have run into different phenomena.

To the credit of Carib Gyal,
CB is TRYING to understand what race is such a stumbling block to groups in America,
even though I DON'T agree with jabbing at you and trying to get your goat over your hot buttons.

Underneath that slamming back and forth
There is a SINCERE concern to reach out and try to understand and connect,
with the hope that people CAN get over these barriers holding them back.

I can see that in between the lines, with both you and CG poking jabs at each other back and forth.
You both care, but both address this from different angles.

I think CG looks at it from a similar viewpoint of Conservatives like Allen West
who can't seem to break through the liberal mentality that shuts out his views equally.

Asclepias if you and I can connect with CG that means we can figure out
how to bridge similar gaps and barriers SEGREGATING the conservative
Blacks from working with liberal Blacks. One of my friends started asking me
to explain Conservative Blacks and how the heck can they be against help from govt?

So this conversation needs to be shared with people across party and racial lines
and really get what is going on here.

I think you and CG are compassionate enough about helping the poor and oppressed
people suffering from these problems, that you will find ways to use your differences
in approach as an ADVANTAGE in teamwork and not see it as a negative handicap
holding one or the other back.

I think you are both onto something here,
and if you can find ways to manage around it,
you can help twice as many people than you are now.

Your efforts will double, triple, quadruple
just like playing tennis with two people covering the court instead of just one straining to do so.

So I encourage you to continue the effort to understand where the other
is coming from, and learning how to communicate, u sing your
differences in cultural and race perception FOR you instead of letting these work against you.

You are more powerful than you may think,
both of you, and working together, WOW the potential is even greater!

go for it, I applaud you both and cheer you on!

Forum List

Back