What is this "Do not mention Nazis" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was lucky enough to have been in what was then called West Germany in 1990 through 1992. I had a project investigating environmental hazards at various U.S. Army bases there.

One weekend I went to Belgium to visit Bastogne. I bought a guidebook printed in English, French, German and Flemish. In every translation the name Hitler was clearly spelled out. But the German translation never said "Hitler" specifically. Instead the German translation read "OKW".

I asked my German counterpart and point of contact about that discrepancy. He explained that it is illegal to even write the name of Hitler in the German language. I found that to be incredibly delusional and an explicit means of ignoring history

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to have been in what was then called West Germany in 1990 through 1992. I had a project investigating environmental hazards at various U.S. army bases there.

One weekend I went to Belgium to visit Bastogne. I bought a guidebook printed in English, French, German and Flemish. In every translation the name Hitler was clearly spelled out. But the German translation never said "Hitler" specifically. Instead the German translation read "OKW". I asked my German counterpart and point of contact about that discrepancy. He explained that it is illegal to even write the name of Hitler in the German language. I found that to be incredibly delusional and an explicit means of ignoring history

Considering what he did to the country, and the populace, I don't blame them.

I was lucky enough to have been in what was then called West Germany in 1990 through 1992. I had a project investigating environmental hazards at various U.S. army bases there.

One weekend I went to Belgium to visit Bastogne. I bought a guidebook printed in English, French, German and Flemish. In every translation the name Hitler was clearly spelled out. But the German translation never said "Hitler" specifically. Instead the German translation read "OKW". I asked my German counterpart and point of contact about that discrepancy. He explained that it is illegal to even write the name of Hitler in the German language. I found that to be incredibly delusional and an explicit means of ignoring history

Considering what he did to the country, and the populace, I don't blame them.
Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

Without the Nazi's, the GOP would shrink dramatically.

Perfect example of why the word is being censored.

It turns discussion into a bait thread
What about stalin? Or Mao? Or any other oppressor?
Where does this pandoras box end?
Willy makes a habit of not answering questions when the answer will make him look like a dumbfuck.

'Willy' also has a tendency of not discussing things the mods have under review

Willy makes a habit of not answering questions when the answer will make him look like a dumbfuck.

You did discuss it, moron.
Lie again.

Calling people Nazis is baiting.

Calling people Communists, Stalinists, and/or Maoists isn't.

This place. :lol:

You did discuss it, moron.
Lie again.

Where did I discuss:

Mentioning the Nazis in a historical context is fine. Referring to anyone who disagrees with you as a Nazi is just stupid. There's been a lot of of late from a certain sector of the participants here that have been suffering through a series of recent political defeats.

161.jpg

I don't think doing it should be outlawed ... you should never outlaw stupid. Public stupidity is a great way to identify the stupid.

Nazi's were big on censorship and burning books and things like that. Just like modern day liberals. So it's perfectly ok to refer to liberals as Nazis. Same thing. Liberals just haven't got around to gassing people yet. But they will eventually if they have their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back