What Is the Word of Faith Movement?

It's a moneymaking scheme used by religious charletans. It teaches that if you barely have enough money to buy food or medicine, you should instead donate that money to them, and God will give you all you need for those things and much more. They teach that the ony reason you are poor to start with is because you haven't given enough to them in the past. Give till it hurts is a common phrase.

Very weird if you ask me.

What's weird is you two don't know what you're talking about.

OK. You tell us what it is.

I already did. Being a sociopath, you just didn't recognize I did.

No you didn't. Comeon. Testify brother, or admit you are full of shit.

lol another rubbish thread whining about rich pastors, as if any of you give away a fraction of what you earn to any real charities. Unlike your racist Democrats and your Uncle Joe, they don't have to extort money, they just ask for it. And, the 'Word of Faith'movement is not the same as 'prosperity gospel' stuff.

But, you're all happy with being morons and spreading lies, same with your butt cheeks, so go ahead and make up some more stuff, base on a couple of preachers who actually got caught at something versus most of them who have done nothing to justify the smears, but they committed a horrible crime by not pretending faggots and assorted other deviants and fetishists are 'normal'.

Are you familiar with these people? Defending them?

I don't have to 'defend' them, they haven't done anything wrong. You finding some hit piece isn't a charge. Find something specific instead of babbling rumor and innuendo. Many of them follow Billy Graham's lead and stop taking money from their ministries as soon as their other incomes from books and speaking fees allows them to live independently of the ministry. I'm not a fan of theirs but they are basically just a sect based on positive thinking, no different than the secular versions.

And yes, I'm familiar with a couple of them's charity work. I'm not familiar with yours.

Again, You tell us what the major tenants are. Does giving automatically result in getting?

I already did. Your second question is irrelevant, All you need for that is to read their books and sermons. Too much work for you so we can dismiss your whining for what it is, jealousy and a hate for their lack of enthusiasm for whatever sexual fetish it is you feel bad about .

Got it. You got nothing.

lol another rubbish thread whining about rich pastors, as if any of you give away a fraction of what you earn to any real charities. Unlike your racist Democrats and your Uncle Joe, they don't have to extort money, they just ask for it. And, the 'Word of Faith'movement is not the same as 'prosperity gospel' stuff. But, you're all happy with being morons and spreading lies, same with your butt cheeks, so go ahead and make up some more stuff, base on a couple of preachers who actually got caught at something versus most of them who have done nothing to justify the smears, but they committed a horrible crime by not pretending faggots and assorted other deviants and fetishists are 'normal'.

So you think God wants them to have another jet? If I send them my money, will my medical problems go away?
Why do you care if they have jets? Don't send them money if you don't want to; most commies don't share anything with anybody anyway, so you will still have the same peer group to lead you around.

Do you think people with such severe mental illnesses that they want to sexually mutilate themselves should be allowed to, and it should be legal and paid for by taxpayers?

You mean like Jews and circumcision?

Yes, that must be it, tard, cuz circumcision is exactly like sex changes, right? Got any more dope addled gibberish you think passes for 'clever'?

You didn't say sex change. You said sexual mutilation. You aren't making much sense.

lol another rubbish thread whining about rich pastors, as if any of you give away a fraction of what you earn to any real charities. Unlike your racist Democrats and your Uncle Joe, they don't have to extort money, they just ask for it. And, the 'Word of Faith'movement is not the same as 'prosperity gospel' stuff.

But, you're all happy with being morons and spreading lies, same with your butt cheeks, so go ahead and make up some more stuff, base on a couple of preachers who actually got caught at something versus most of them who have done nothing to justify the smears, but they committed a horrible crime by not pretending faggots and assorted other deviants and fetishists are 'normal'.

I don't have to 'defend' them, they haven't done anything wrong. You finding some hit piece isn't a charge. Find something specific instead of babbling rumor and innuendo. Many of them follow Billy Graham's lead and stop taking money from their ministries as soon as their other incomes from books and speaking fees allows them to live independently of the ministry. I'm not a fan of theirs but they are basically just a sect based on positive thinking, no different than the secular versions.

And yes, I'm familiar with a couple of them's charity work. I'm not familiar with yours.

Again, You tell us what the major tenants are. Does giving automatically result in getting?

I already did. Your second question is irrelevant, All you need for that is to read their books and sermons. Too much work for you so we can dismiss your whining for what it is, jealousy and a hate for their lack of enthusiasm for whatever sexual fetish it is you feel bad about .

I just think its pretty sick to tell the congregants they wouldn't get cancer if they had enough faith. How do you know these people?

Tell me which ones said that, and why you felt like making a thread on such a topic; do you feel guilty about something? If not then why do you care about this but haven't started a topic on cancer?

Got it. You got nothing.

Got it, t was you making unfounded claims you couldn't back up, idiot; that's why you avoid getting to any specifics and names; you know you don't have a clue and are just a sick troll.

lol another rubbish thread whining about rich pastors, as if any of you give away a fraction of what you earn to any real charities. Unlike your racist Democrats and your Uncle Joe, they don't have to extort money, they just ask for it. And, the 'Word of Faith'movement is not the same as 'prosperity gospel' stuff. But, you're all happy with being morons and spreading lies, same with your butt cheeks, so go ahead and make up some more stuff, base on a couple of preachers who actually got caught at something versus most of them who have done nothing to justify the smears, but they committed a horrible crime by not pretending faggots and assorted other deviants and fetishists are 'normal'.

So you think God wants them to have another jet? If I send them my money, will my medical problems go away?
Why do you care if they have jets? Don't send them money if you don't want to; most commies don't share anything with anybody anyway, so you will still have the same peer group to lead you around.

Do you think people with such severe mental illnesses that they want to sexually mutilate themselves should be allowed to, and it should be legal and paid for by taxpayers?

Yes, that must be it, tard, cuz circumcision is exactly like sex changes, right? Got any more dope addled gibberish you think passes for 'clever'?

You didn't say sex change. You said sexual mutilation. You aren't making much sense.

They're the same thing dumbass. You wouldn't know that, having no sense or sanity.

It's a moneymaking scheme used by religious charletans. It teaches that if you barely have enough money to buy food or medicine, you should instead donate that money to them, and God will give you all you need for those things and much more. They teach that the ony reason you are poor to start with is because you haven't given enough to them in the past. Give till it hurts is a common phrase.

Very weird if you ask me.

What's weird is you two don't know what you're talking about.

OK. You tell us what it is.

I already did. Being a sociopath, you just didn't recognize I did.

No you didn't. Comeon. Testify brother, or admit you are full of shit.

Come on, faggot, give us names and quotes. At least try to overcome your total failure as a Evul Xian Bashing nut job.

Got it. You got nothing.

Got it, t was you making unfounded claims you couldn't back up, idiot; that's why you avoid getting to any specifics and names; you know you don't have a clue and are just a sick troll.

Prosperity gospel is a prominent part of the Word of Faith movement. Duplantis, Copeland, Osteen, that crazy Meyer woman, too many to list here.

They're the same thing dumbass. You wouldn't know that, having no sense or sanity.

So is being anti sex change the only tenant of WoF? Anything more?

Got it. You got nothing.

Prosperity gospel is a prominent part of the Word of Faith movement. Duplantis, Copeland, Osteen, that crazy Meyer woman, too many to list here.
Correct! And when you get good preachers like Dr. Charles Stanley, Tony Evans, Chuck Swindoll, etc. they are up against the proverbial 8-ball because the charlatans you listed put the Gospel in reproach.

Truth is, the WoF movement is a reproach to the True Gospel of Christ which preaches repentance from sin. A great read on the subject is Christianity in Crisis by Hank Hanegraaf, which exposes these charlatans for what they really are.

Well, nobody said they're popular with the big sects, who lose a lot of members and money to them. It's getting tougher and tougher on some of the mainstream congregations to get attendance to their boring finger waving rants and Sunday Schools.
Yeah, the Truth of Scripture and the Gospel ain't exactly Netflix material.

This is wild stuff and absolutely new to me.

The Word of Faith (WF) movement emerged within Charismatic/Pentecostal Christianity in the latter 20th century. The Word of Faith movement as a whole has no formal organization or authoritarian hierarchy, though the movement does have a number of high-profile teachers who heavily influence Word of Faith theology. It's basic theology is a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism.

Kenneth Hagin is often referred to as the "father" of the Word of Faith movement, but in reality it was Phineas Parkhurst Quimby (1802-1866) who laid the foundations. It was Quimby's metaphysical teachings that influenced E.W. Kenyon, and it was E.W. Kenyon's teachings that in turn influenced Kenneth Hagin. Most prominent Word of Faith teachers today draw their inspiration from Kenneth Hagin.

The "force" of faith, an unbiblical view of faith, is the foundation of Word of Faith theology. Proponents believe they can use words to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health, wealth, etc.). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will -- God Himself being subject to the "laws" of faith.

Doctrines considered essential by historic Christianity are not necessarily considered essentials in Word of Faith theology. Word of Faith teachers often redefine or reinterpret Christian essentials in order to fit them into their own peculiar theological systems. These reinterpretations are often derived from "revelation knowledge" (i.e. special revelations supposedly from God, given specifically to the WF teacher).

Placing "revelation knowledge" above Scripture is one reason why WF teachers often blatantly contradict Scripture (and often each other). For example, one WF teacher, when speaking of God said, there are nine of them; and yet another WF teacher, when speaking of Jesus said, I (Jesus) never claimed to be God.

Word of Faith teachers are notorious for teaching everything from the heretical to the downright ridiculous.

continued.​
I don't think WF will catch on.

Got it. You got nothing.

Correct! And when you get good preachers like Dr. Charles Stanley, Tony Evans, Chuck Swindoll, etc. they are up against the proverbial 8-ball because the charlatans you listed put the Gospel in reproach.

OK. I still haven't heard the main tenants of the WoF sect. You wanna give it a shot?

The Word of Faith (WF) movement emerged within Charismatic/Pentecostal Christianity in the latter 20th century. The Word of Faith movement as a whole has no formal organization or authoritarian hierarchy, though the movement does have a number of high-profile teachers who heavily influence Word of Faith theology. It's basic theology is a peculiar mix of orthodox Christianity and mysticism.

Kenneth Hagin is often referred to as the "father" of the Word of Faith movement, but in reality it was Phineas Parkhurst Quimby (1802-1866) who laid the foundations. It was Quimby's metaphysical teachings that influenced E.W. Kenyon, and it was E.W. Kenyon's teachings that in turn influenced Kenneth Hagin. Most prominent Word of Faith teachers today draw their inspiration from Kenneth Hagin.

The "force" of faith, an unbiblical view of faith, is the foundation of Word of Faith theology. Proponents believe they can use words to manipulate the faith-force, and thus actually create what they believe Scripture promises (health, wealth, etc.). Laws supposedly governing the faith-force are said to operate independently of God's sovereign will -- God Himself being subject to the "laws" of faith.

Doctrines considered essential by historic Christianity are not necessarily considered essentials in Word of Faith theology. Word of Faith teachers often redefine or reinterpret Christian essentials in order to fit them into their own peculiar theological systems. These reinterpretations are often derived from "revelation knowledge" (i.e. special revelations supposedly from God, given specifically to the WF teacher).

Placing "revelation knowledge" above Scripture is one reason why WF teachers often blatantly contradict Scripture (and often each other). For example, one WF teacher, when speaking of God said, there are nine of them; and yet another WF teacher, when speaking of Jesus said, I (Jesus) never claimed to be God.

Word of Faith teachers are notorious for teaching everything from the heretical to the downright ridiculous.

continued.​
I beg to differ here. There's already millions of adherents to the "prosperity gospel" message, and many of them are actual believers in Christ.

Got it. You got nothing.

OK. I still haven't heard the main tenants of the WoF sect. You wanna give it a shot?
It's a "Name it and Claim it" false gospel. Consider this:
The True Gospel, as described in Scripture is;
1) Mankind was created in God's image, complete with a free will
2) Mankind CHOSE to disobey God, thus bringing about the curse and penalty of sin upon him and his descendants
3) Mankind is incapable of saving himself. No amount of good works, being a "good" person, nor RELIGION can save the soul, imagine that?
4) Jesus the Messiah was born fully God and fully Man. And without sin, to be the propitiation, or full payment, for man's sin
5) Only by receiving Christ through faith, and repentance from sin, can a person be saved and able to enter into God's Kingdom.

If none of that is preached, then the preacher is considered a false prophet and should be cursed.

continued.​
I beg to differ here. There's already millions of adherents to the "prosperity gospel" message, and many of them are actual believers in Christ.
I don't think it's the same thing. The idea that God wants his followers to be healthy and prosperous doesn't override Biblical teaching.

continued.​
I don't think it's the same thing. The idea that God wants his followers to be healthy and prosperous doesn't override Biblical teaching.

WOF preachers tell their congregants that if they had more faith, they wouldn't have cancer.

Got it. You got nothing.

2) Mankind CHOSE to disobey God, thus bringing about the curse and penalty of sin upon him and his descendants
3) Mankind is incapable of saving himself. No amount of good works, being a "good" person, nor RELIGION can save the soul, imagine that?
4) Jesus the Messiah was born fully God and fully Man. And without sin, to be the propitiation, or full payment, for man's sin
5) Only by receiving Christ through faith, and repentance from sin, can a person be saved and able to enter into God's Kingdom.

If none of that is preached, then the preacher is considered a false prophet and should be cursed.

All that fits most Christian sects. What differentiates the WoF from others?

continued.​
But it does not mean ignoring common sense measures to maintain all around, and including FINANCIAL health. for example, a person who goes his whole life as an alcoholic becomes a Christian, will he continue as a lush? he can, but it would not be wise. Or how about a person who went about his life scarfing junk food all the time and then gets diagnosed with type-2 Diabetes? Should he continue to live that way or take measures to become healthy? Or how about the couple who maxed out on their credit cards and are now so far deep in the hole that bankruptcy (Chapter 7) seems like the only way out? Sound financial principles are plastered throughout Scripture. Point being, the "name it-claim it" preaching depicts instant blessing, rather than teaching Christians a more disciplined, God-honoring approach.

Got it. You got nothing.

All that fits most Christian sects. What differentiates the WoF from others?
Not really, WoF does NOT teach sin nor repentance, and WoF's goal is NOT the Cross, but personal fulfillment.

Forum List

Back