What is the point of having a religion forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be another SUB GROUP dedicated to the left's hatred of God.

If the topic is a debate on DOCTRINE, an atheist has no say and needs to but the hell out. It has nothing to do with their religion

You have the wrong temperament. And you're authoritarian. Not to mention, you contracdict your own faith. This makes you a horrible representative for your cause. Additionally, you're too busy trying to win arguments against atheists to satisfy your own pride that you fail the casual passer-by who contributes nothing to discussion, but rather follows along.

Last edited:
You know nothing. And I know that without watching your video.

I know I'm not a hypocrite. Unlike you, I stand by my principles. :)
We all know you dont handle being shown up very well.

You said the fact that churches dont allow the religiously HOSTILE in their doors is why you think churches are empty.

The church is for the BELIEVER and those SINCERELY seeking.

You only look like a fool when you keep trying to debate me on this.

Oh shut the fuck up. Thered nothing to "debate". Like I said you dont handle being shown up very well. So you start with the personal insults and start barking even more.

You're not worth my time

That's the smartest thing you've said in this thread yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the important thing is the intent of the thread and the person who started the thread.

I mean, there's a big difference between a thread devoted to debating theism vs atheism.... and a thread devoted specifically to believers. Obviously the former would be a lively debate between all types of people: atheists, agnostics, christians, etc. But the latter was never meant to be that.

The problem is that sometimes people start the second type of thread and then it inevitably gets derailed, when the usual atheists or trolls come along to try to turn it into what they want to talk about (atheism vs theism.)

So, either people have to be more respectful of the OP.... OR, maybe we need a sub-forum specifically for believers?

I don't know, just some thoughts.

Last edited:
...if people of faith are precluded from engaging in faith-based discussions due to the avalanche of atheists that troll, hijack and otherwise derail the thread?
speaking the truth is not derailing
..are you afraid of discussion???!! on a discussion forum???????!!!!!!!!!

I consider myself an atheist, and I've found that most athiests now a days..are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.

They just simply hate Christians (as well as most other religious people), and atheism is their way to justify doing that.
I've found that most theists now a days are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.
..the THEISTS are the jackasses on USMB---foul mouthed/insults/etc

I have noticed the folks that are causing waves in discussions of this nature run like hell when you tell them you will pray for them and their shortcomings... :hands:
really??? that's babble crap
praying doesn't do anything anyway

We'd like a discussion focused on our doctrine ... exchanging views ... helping each other understand verses in the Bible/Sutra/Quran/IPCC report ... maybe throw in Alan Watts or Suzuki ...

I don't think moderators are the right avenue to control the trollish behaviors ... too many folks are threatened by honest religious discussions ... they believe in God, or they wouldn't try to de-rail all the discussions ... like little girls afraid of the booger-man ...
obviously you people are afraid of atheists--this thread proves it !!

I've found that most theists now a days are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.

Death Angel's demeanor in this very thread is a prime example of your thought there. He's a very poor representative for his cause.

My better half carries herself well in those types of discussions, and likely one of the most capable people I know to lead such discussion. She's far more patient with the secular christians than I am, that's for sure. I'm quick to call a spade a spade.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the important thing is the intent of the thread and the person who started the thread.

I mean, there's a big difference between a thread devoted to debating theism vs atheism.... and a thread devoted specifically to believers. Obviously the former would be a lively debate between all types of people: atheists, agnostics, christians, etc. But the latter was never meant to be that.

The problem is that sometimes people start the second type of thread and then it inevitably gets derailed, when the usual atheists or trolls come along to try to turn it into what they want to talk about (atheism vs theism.)

So, either people have to be more respectful of the OP.... OR, maybe we need a sub-forum specifically for believers?

I don't know, just some thoughts.

You're one of the more capable people of leading discussion with regard to matters of faith and Christian principles. That sub-forum would benefit greatly from your participation.

People like Death Angel, not so much. He's an extremely poor representative. He's extremely combative. And an observable hypocrite. People like him tend to chase people away from the Church. I wouldn't let that cat lead a lunch line, much less lead discussion on matters of faith.

Last edited:
...if people of faith are precluded from engaging in faith-based discussions due to the avalanche of atheists that troll, hijack and otherwise derail the thread?
Such thin skin when you can't handle anyone else having a different view than you.........you dear are a fascist.

I consider myself an atheist, and I've found that most athiests now a days..are some of the worst, most annoying people to encounter online.

They just simply hate Christians (as well as most other religious people), and atheism is their way to justify doing that.

I really don't care, or care to know who is atheist, or religious on here.

I think folks should be able to have their beliefs in God/religion/faith, etc...Or not. Doesn't bother me.

I honestly don't know any history of any discussions on here between the two sides, so I couldn't agree with your statement either way.

But I was giving my personal experience online in encountering atheist types over the years. And yes, many use atheism simply as an excuse to attack Christians for their faith.

There were many "atheist" subs on Reddit (when I was foolish enough to waste time on there) designed for exactly that purpose.

These subs never wanted to discuss/post anything, unless it was something that was specifically denigrating religion...especially Christians.

Atheistic discussion can exist that doesn't involve religion at all.

It was just more hate/fear mongering. But that's just my experience and opinions..

It's not a discussion forum when others disrespect the discussion by trolling it out of existence.

If you're talking about that thread where the title reflects your own personal opinion about European political and military leaders, without any biblical foundation, what you're basically saying is that you don't want people disagreeing with your political opinion for no other reason than you arbitrarily chose to invoke a deity into what is effectively a geo-political discussion.

That's not how functional debate works.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back