What is the point of having a religion forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the sub-forum is called Religion and Ethics.

More clearly, Religion, Philosophy and the discussion of right and wrong.

So, not a "Religon'' forum, per se.

Last edited:
Be thankful there aren't any Calvinists around here. lol. Atheists would be the least of your headaches.

We'd like a discussion focused on our doctrine ... exchanging views ... helping each other understand verses in the Bible/Sutra/Quran/IPCC report ... maybe throw in Alan Watts or Suzuki ...

I don't think moderators are the right avenue to control the trollish behaviors ... too many folks are threatened by honest religious discussions ... they believe in God, or they wouldn't try to de-rail all the discussions ... like little girls afraid of the booger-man ...

...if people of faith are precluded from engaging in faith-based discussions due to the avalanche of atheists that troll, hijack and otherwise derail the thread?
Exactly what I've been saying forever.

They tell us THEY arent a religion, but they hijack every damn discussion with demands to prove God exists

Atheists are the worst proselytize out there of all the religions

...if people of faith are precluded from engaging in faith-based discussions due to the avalanche of atheists that troll, hijack and otherwise derail the thread?

I always just assumed that the trolls who go there out do so out of denial, quiet admiration. Deep down they yearn for a belief in a power more important than themselves, but instead of pursuing that path, they choose to mock others who have found the conviction to submit themselves.

In truth, they envy and have an unspoken love for those they harass. Why else would they go there to throw out empty words against a philosophy for which they apparently don't believe even exists?

It's akin to a kid in school teasing the girl who sits in front of him by pulling her hair, telling her she has the cooties, then going home, taking the class photo off his mantle and running his fingers along her image with a deep longing he may never express.

You could always start a group PM, buck
There should be another SUB GROUP dedicated to the left's hatred of God.

If the topic is a debate on DOCTRINE, an atheist has no say and needs to but the hell out. It has nothing to do with their religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back