What is the logic of the travel ban?

It was my hope that the Trump administration would LOOK at the vetting procedures and policies in place BEFORE instituting any type of ban. LOOK at the actual areas where terrorists in this country have come from. I don't agree with the ban, but if there had to be one, it could have been done with a lot more thought and sense. It probably wouldn't have been done if the Trump administration had learned the facts.
he did, he did the same thing as obummer. shit read.

And why do people scream about ti being unconstitutional? Can someone elaborate on that?

The fifth amendment's due process clause is violated. And don't even attempt the argument that the fifth amendment does not apply. It starts out with no PERSON. Which clearly shows that the Trump administration is totally out of their element, they don't even have a fundamental understanding of the Constitution.
please explain how

I thought the ban was put forth so they could try and figure out a way to actually vet these people. IMO, it makes complete sense.
They are already being vetted and if there is a problem in the system in THIS country, it is with how the FBI and Homeland Security's hands are tied when they do encounter a possible terrorist. Look at the last few terrorist attacks; all of them had contact/investigation by the FBI/Homeland and were deemed not enough evidence to continue monitoring. The last one even got his gun back. THAT is where we seem to have an issue right now, not who is being let into the country from a war WE started.

Wait, so you admit we have a problem and your answer is to just keep letting more in? Are you suicidal?
Not at all, considering that the two terrorists I am thinking of are native born American citizens. How would a ban have prevented them from being here?

Well, not sure what two you are thinking of, I don't read minds.

It was my hope that the Trump administration would LOOK at the vetting procedures and policies in place BEFORE instituting any type of ban. LOOK at the actual areas where terrorists in this country have come from. I don't agree with the ban, but if there had to be one, it could have been done with a lot more thought and sense. It probably wouldn't have been done if the Trump administration had learned the facts.

I can't help but wonder how the families who lost loved ones in the Boston marathon, San Bernardnino, Orlando shootings, etc. etc. think about this ban?
Since it wouldn't have kept those terrorists out, I wonder, too. Terrorism needs serious addressing, but I think the OP's point is that it won't actually address the problems that need to be addressed. I also think the repercussions will cause hard feelings among the Muslim community, making it even harder to get them to open up to authorities when they suspect a neighbor or friend has become radicalized.
So what is your answer?
Do I LOOK like a National Security Adviser? Homeland Security agent? FBI? Those are the people Trump's administration should be looking to for answers, as well as the Muslim community. They are doing the work (or trying to). They probably know what would make it work better.
he did. And you're still whining.

And why do people scream about ti being unconstitutional? Can someone elaborate on that?

Once people reach our shores, they are subject to the protection of our Constitution.

Before they reach our shores, we can ban them for any reason -- At all

We can ban people that aren't tall enough. We can ban them if we don't like the color of their eyes or the color of their skin or their IQ or the way they dress or we can ban them based on sex or -- We can ban anybody for any reason -- Period.

But once they reach the USA, they are subject to Constitutional protections

dimocraps are some stupid bitches. Don't listen to the. They're too stupid.

And, gee, I'm real concerned that ISIS might not like us because of it

You are so wrong. Yes, perhaps our country today could be that selective. But one must understand that first, it violates the very principal that made America great, and second, it signals the end of the experiment that was America's unique form of a participatory republic.

Democracy was not unique. It had been around for more than a thousand years. The very Constitution itself was basically stolen from the Six Nations. But what was unique about the United States was jus soli, the right of the soil. Citizenship simply by birth. And wide open borders. And I do mean wide open.

Colonial North Carolina opened her borders to everyone. Murderers, Blackbeard, thieves and thugs, anyone and everyone was welcome. It was an opportunity for a fresh start, even from criminals fleeing other colonies. That became the foundation of this country, for know this, no state in the Union sacrificed more of their sons to the defense of this nation through the first two hundred years of our existence.

Jus soli and open borders have been the lifeblood that has allowed this experiment to flourish. For without it, when the government can pick and choose her citizens, the government inevitable takes on a power that places the government in control, and not the people. A government of the people, by the people, for the people no longer exists when the government gets to pick the people.

President Trump made one simple statement with this detainment order. It says the following; I'm fking President of the United States and the freebies are over.

I can't help but wonder how the families who lost loved ones in the Boston marathon, San Bernardnino, Orlando shootings, etc. etc. think about this ban?
Since it wouldn't have kept those terrorists out, I wonder, too. Terrorism needs serious addressing, but I think the OP's point is that it won't actually address the problems that need to be addressed. I also think the repercussions will cause hard feelings among the Muslim community, making it even harder to get them to open up to authorities when they suspect a neighbor or friend has become radicalized.
So what is your answer?
Do I LOOK like a National Security Adviser? Homeland Security agent? FBI? Those are the people Trump's administration should be looking to for answers, as well as the Muslim community. They are doing the work (or trying to). They probably know what would make it work better.
Then WTF are you running your mouth about it for?
That's low, even for you.

Once people reach our shores, they are subject to the protection of our Constitution.

We can ban people that aren't tall enough. We can ban them if we don't like the color of their eyes or the color of their skin or their IQ or the way they dress or we can ban them based on sex or -- We can ban anybody for any reason -- Period.

You are so wrong. Yes, perhaps our country today could be that selective. But one must understand that first, it violates the very principal that made America great, and second, it signals the end of the experiment that was America's unique form of a participatory republic.

Democracy was not unique. It had been around for more than a thousand years. The very Constitution itself was basically stolen from the Six Nations. But what was unique about the United States was jus soli, the right of the soil. Citizenship simply by birth. And wide open borders. And I do mean wide open.

Colonial North Carolina opened her borders to everyone. Murderers, Blackbeard, thieves and thugs, anyone and everyone was welcome. It was an opportunity for a fresh start, even from criminals fleeing other colonies. That became the foundation of this country, for know this, no state in the Union sacrificed more of their sons to the defense of this nation through the first two hundred years of our existence.

Jus soli and open borders have been the lifeblood that has allowed this experiment to flourish. For without it, when the government can pick and choose her citizens, the government inevitable takes on a power that places the government in control, and not the people. A government of the people, by the people, for the people no longer exists when the government gets to pick the people.
:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

This is meant to ban those countries who cant line Trumps pockets. Sheeit, all the money he can make is worth the risk of a few more American lives. #AmericaFirst

the PEOPLE elected Trump to limit foreigners who flood our nation illegally and immigrants who produce threats to our nation....

This is meant to ban those countries who cant line Trumps pockets. Sheeit, all the money he can make is worth the risk of a few more American lives. #AmericaFirst
or:

the PEOPLE elected Trump to limit foreigners who flood our nation illegally and immigrants who produce threats to our nation....

The fifth amendment's due process clause is violated. And don't even attempt the argument that the fifth amendment does not apply. It starts out with no PERSON. Which clearly shows that the Trump administration is totally out of their element, they don't even have a fundamental understanding of the Constitution.
That does not apply to foreign nationals who may be enemy agents. The people who don't understand are you libs. But what it really amounts too is that YOU WANT terrorists here killing people. Plus, if you knew jack shit about the BoR's, you would know that due process applies only to people charged with a crime.

What part of,

nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

do you not understand? Nothing about being charged with a crime. Matter of fact, in order to be deprived of life, liberty, or property, you would probably first have to be charged with a crime. Has that happened here? Nope. Like I said, damn basic Constitutional Law that even a mid-rate high school AP Gov student would know. They don't have anyone that advanced in the administration.

And yes, it does apply to foreign nationals. That is where "no person" comes in. Remember, John Adams defended, and secured an acquittal, of the British soldiers that fired during the Boston Massacre.

or:

AND

Trump sees threats from nations that never attacked us but doesnt protect us from people who threaten and attack us.

Way to go!

The faux rage over this is stupid. None of the snowflakes said a damn thing when Obama instituted a ban after importing terrorist bomb makers to Kentucky.

That does not apply to foreign nationals who may be enemy agents. The people who don't understand are you libs. But what it really amounts too is that YOU WANT terrorists here killing people. Plus, if you knew jack shit about the BoR's, you would know that due process applies only to people charged with a crime.

What part of,

do you not understand? Nothing about being charged with a crime. Matter of fact, in order to be deprived of life, liberty, or property, you would probably first have to be charged with a crime. Has that happened here? Nope. Like I said, damn basic Constitutional Law that even a mid-rate high school AP Gov student would know. They don't have anyone that advanced in the administration.

And yes, it does apply to foreign nationals. That is where "no person" comes in. Remember, John Adams defended, and secured an acquittal, of the British soldiers that fired during the Boston Massacre.
Where did you get this crap from? Just curious who is feeding you a load of shit. Foreign nationals do not have a Constitutional right to enter our country. Stop making up shit.

What part of,

Where did you get this crap from? Just curious who is feeding you a load of shit. Foreign nationals do not have a Constitutional right to enter our country. Stop making up shit.

But legal permanent aliens and legal green card holders DO. But your strawman does not apply here. Nobody said foreign nationals have a right to enter here. What they do have is the right to due process. You know, innocent until proven guilty.

What part of,

But legal permanent aliens and legal green card holders DO. But your strawman does not apply here. Nobody said foreign nationals have a right to enter here. What they do have is the right to due process. You know, innocent until proven guilty.
that's only if they cross over the border into the US.......just because they get a ticket and fly into an international airport does not mean they have actually entered our country....

Don't worry libturds, even if Trump does prohibit all muslims, we can still make them in our bathtub like in the 20's.

So what is your answer?
Then WTF are you running your mouth about it for?
That's low, even for you.
But the fact is you wont answer, you have nothing, you just want to run your mouth and rail against the president because it's popular for your kind.

It's all a song and a dance....political posturing frosting.

It extends the 2 year process to get a visa to come here, to 2 years and 4 months.....

WOW!

Whoop dee do! That made us safer than we already were by leaps and bounds, right?

NOT!

It hurt us, it hurt us in Iraq where we work with natives to defeat terrorists, and rely on interpreters, and on the World stage.
It hurts who that 190 people were delayed a couple of hours when trying to enter America?

Forum List

Back