What is the definition of "assault weapon?"

Given that the right to keep and bear arms was a counterbalance to the power of a federal army, banning "assault rifles" makes no sense. A reminder, from Federalist 46 by Madison -

"Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence."

By that logic machine guns should be legal to own and very available...but they are not

Absolutely!

Most of the gun crimes in the US is with cheap stolen or illegal handguns in the hands of inner city gang bangers, druggies and street thugs in Democrat controlled big city shitholes. Less than 500 gun crimes a year are committed with long guns, which ARs are a subset.
And yet ARs are the weapon of choice in school shootings...in fact in most mass shootings

And yet ARs are the weapon of choice in school shootings...in fact in most mass shootings
This three day weekend in just Chicago alone there will most likely produce 60 shootings with 10 or 15 deaths and you Moon Bats don't give a shit. In fact you preach defunding the police that makes the shootings easier.

Don't tell me you Moon Bats really care about stopping gun crime because you don't.

This three day weekend in just Chicago alone there will most likely produce 60 shootings with 10 or 15 deaths and you Moon Bats don't give a shit. In fact you preach defunding the police that makes the shootings easier.

Don't tell me you Moon Bats really care about stopping gun crime because you don't.
Too many guns on the street huh...

Hmm . . .

Could you provide the number of school shootings done with an AR-15?

Could you provide the number of mass shootings done with an AR-15?

I'm curious as to what you've read that led you to believe such a thing.

Last edited:
Fuck all this.

Any rifle that is semi auto and magazine fed

kinda screws up the intended confusion huh
Another poster is more qualified to talk about assault weapons than the last two Biden nominees for head of ATF.

Since you are smart, can you also be honest? The reason those nominees insisted on not defining "assault weapons" they want banned is to avoid limiting how they enforce such a ban, right?

We already regulate other firearms, so the point is that we already do it…

We do lots of illegal things, like federal gun law when there legally can not be any.
The War on Drugs is totally illegal.
We lied about Iraqi WMD and illegally murdered half a million Iraqis.
The Vietnam war was totally illegal.
Etc.

There can be state and local gun laws, but none federally.

And assault weapon legislation is absurd because the firearms they are talking about have nothing significantly different about them, and there already are over 20 million of them in private hands.

By that logic machine guns should be legal to own and very available...but they are not
They used to be until 1927, and it was only Prohibition that caused a problem with machineguns.
Instead of making machineguns illegal, we should have realized that it was Prohibition that was illegal, just as the War on Drugs currently is illegal.

AR have been the weapon of choice of everyone for the last 20 years, and represent the vast majority of firearms sold.
That is because they are well designed and made, inexpensive, and easy for anyone to use.

Is your goal to make firearms to heavy to use, to inaccurate to hit anything, or what?

Yes in fact machine guns WERE legal to own and very available. Until the gun control nuts had their way.
Yep.

1653697904696.png

1653697803528.png

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.
Have you ever heard of The Boston Massacre?

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.

Gun ownership was higher in the 1700s than they are now.
Remember there were essentially no police until around 1900.
And the fact guns can fire more shots now, does not at all change the number of people who would be killed.
Nor would there ever be any reason to write the 2nd amendment any differently, since all it says is that the feds do not get any firearm jurisdiction at all. Which is totally reasonable, since states and cities are all very different and should write their own laws whenever possible.

Anyone can get the $200 BATF tax stamp to get a machine gun, but the guns themselves tend to be expensive since the BATF restricts their manufacture.

It is also easy to make a blowback machine gun, and it is perfectly legal as long as you pay the $200.

Total and complete bullshit! An acre that is square in shape is over 200 feet by 200 feet. You would have to be traveling 113 mph just to cross it!
Have you always been a complete moron?

Even if it was laid out in a perfect squre that's only 4.65 miles a cross. A section is 640 acres, one mile by one mile. 3000/640=4.65.

Get the stick out of your ass and quit making a fool of yourself at every possible opportunity.

Forum List

Back