What is the definition of "assault weapon?"

Indeed.
They need to demonstrate the necessity for and efficacy of placing a certain group of semi-automatic rifles on the NFA list, while leaving the rest -- all of which have the same capability as the other group-- off the list --- and that said necessity matches that of the need to have M16s and M60s on that list.
This is impossible to do.
Where does the 2nd Amendment mention the NFA list?

You know if semi-automatic weapons existed in the 1700’s and there was an insane amount of guns on the market at the time and in the possession of millions of people, the 2nd amendment would be written very differently. There would be a lot more restrictions. Instead the amendment was incredibly vague because all that existed at the time were muskets that took a large chunk of time to reload after firing a single shot.

Please note that I did not suggest guns would have been outlawed or banned. I’m not even suggesting that they should be now so don’t go full retard and claim that was the intent of my post.
No Dem traitor today would be allowed to live in the USA in the 1700's :itsok:

Nope, you will lose and when you do blame George H.W. Bush and Reagan for this being allowed…

I'm not sure I am following this argument, but the problem I see with an AR ban now is that it violates the ex post facto principles.
There already are 20 million ARs out there in private hands, which can not then suddenly become illegal.
Nor is there any objective rational for singling out ARs.
They are no more dangerous than anything.
In fact, shotguns and pistols likely are more dangerous.
Shotguns can kill more people more quickly, and pistols are easier to conceal.

I'm not sure I am following this argument, but the problem I see with an AR ban now is that it violates the ex post facto principles.
There already are 20 million ARs out there in private hands, which can not then suddenly become illegal.
I know what Shotguns can do and own two, but I am not saying the ones out in circulation will be banned nor have I wrote they should be but they can be heavily regulated from the sale point.

I am just saying the Government has done this before and can do it again.

I know what Shotguns can do and own two, but I am not saying the ones out in circulation will be banned nor have I wrote they should be but they can be heavily regulated from the sale point.

I am just saying the Government has done this before and can do it again.

I do not see the point, since if you do not instead regulate the dangerous people instead of just one of the many things they can use, then they will just switch to even more deadly things, like explosives, toxins, flammables, etc.
If someone is a risk, then it is they who must be locked up.
There is no way to lock up all possible means of mass murder if they want to commit it.

I do not see the point, since if you do not instead regulate the dangerous people instead of just one of the many things they can use, then they will just switch to even more deadly things, like explosives, toxins, flammables, etc.
If someone is a risk, then it is they who must be locked up.
There is no way to lock up all possible means of mass murder if they want to commit it.
We already regulate other firearms, so the point is that we already do it…

Fuck all this.

Any rifle that is semi auto and magazine fed

kinda screws up the intended confusion huh

So what? Wild and Feral animals are not lazy, the tend to move throughout the day and night and are not limited to a single property, even a large one.

I can walk across a 3000 acre place in an hour, most wild animals walk considerably faster.

Total and complete bullshit! An acre that is square in shape is over 200 feet by 200 feet. You would have to be traveling 113 mph just to cross it!

Absolutely!

Most of the gun crimes in the US is with cheap stolen or illegal handguns in the hands of inner city gang bangers, druggies and street thugs in Democrat controlled big city shitholes. Less than 500 gun crimes a year are committed with long guns, which ARs are a subset.

Forum List

Back