What Is The Best Way To End Racism In The US?

What Is The Best Way To End Racism In The US?

• A. Enforce a 50% black-white internship in every American prison.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Make racial slurs such as “******” and “honky” punishable offences.

• C. Allow only interracial church and civil marriages.

• Total voters
Perhaps white privilege does exist; however, many types of privilege exist if that's the case. As such, white privilege is conflated with many other types of privilege, many of which are much more powerful than white privilege. Having wealth, being attractive, being raised by married parents, having a social or business network, etc. There are so many types of privilege that "white privilege" becomes a moot point. The world isn't a fair place and people will never have equal privilege. The Obama children have much more privilege than I do and I am white.
I'll tell a synopsis of the story I've told many times here. I was pulled over in Bellaire, Texas one night for a tail light being out. I went to Traffic Court in Bellaire (about 90% white) and the only 3 non-minority people in the court that evening were me, the judge, and an attorney--this was about 50-100 defendants in the room. The cops were apparently only ticketing predominantly ethnic minorities.

Systemic racism does exist. Anyone who argues otherwise is simply ignorant.

But it goes beyond that. Two more real life stories from when I lived in Texas.

My Hispanic brother in law and his wife parked their car at a Dillard in Deerbrook mall north of Houston. The mall was closing and they were trying to exit through Dillard. A man standing at the entrance told them the store was closed. It had began to rain so they tried to wait it out at the mall entrance/exit. A white family was allowed to go into Dillards. Corporate was contacted. Despite hundreds of dollars of gift cards and apologies…He’s never been back.

We went to a bio terror conference at UT. They put us up at the Doubletree across 35. Me, my white colleagues and a Hispanic older gentleman with us checked in. No problem. Our team leader and his wife—-a tattooed Hispanic who was about 30 used the same res number and was told he’d have to leave his own credit card for a deposit.

I don't know how to put an end to racism. All that I can do is love this late beautiful precious masterpiece of a gentleman with all that I have in me.

Northern_Calloway.jpg

God bless you always!!!

Holly (a girl who will forever love him)

I'll tell a synopsis of the story I've told many times here. I was pulled over in Bellaire, Texas one night for a tail light being out. I went to Traffic Court in Bellaire (about 90% white) and the only 3 non-minority people in the court that evening were me, the judge, and an attorney--this was about 50-100 defendants in the room. The cops were apparently only ticketing predominantly ethnic minorities.

Systemic racism does exist. Anyone who argues otherwise is simply ignorant.

But it goes beyond that. Two more real life stories from when I lived in Texas.

My Hispanic brother in law and his wife parked their car at a Dillard in Deerbrook mall north of Houston. The mall was closing and they were trying to exit through Dillard. A man standing at the entrance told them the store was closed. It had began to rain so they tried to wait it out at the mall entrance/exit. A white family was allowed to go into Dillards. Corporate was contacted. Despite hundreds of dollars of gift cards and apologies…He’s never been back.

We went to a bio terror conference at UT. They put us up at the Doubletree across 35. Me, my white colleagues and a Hispanic older gentleman with us checked in. No problem. Our team leader and his wife—-a tattooed Hispanic who was about 30 used the same res number and was told he’d have to leave his own credit card for a deposit.
Of course racism exist. Your examples are not necessarily systemic racism, they could be examples of individual racism, or perhaps other "isms". Some like to jump directly to the conclusion of racism when there could be other explanations. Perhaps the white family that was allowed to go into Dillards knew the manager or other people that worked in the store. They may have even been relatives of someone working in the store and were meeting up at closing time. Maybe it was racism; however, there are other possibilities.

Of course racism exist. Your examples are not necessarily systemic racism, they could be examples of individual racism, or perhaps other "isms". Some like to jump directly to the conclusion of racism when there could be other explanations. Perhaps the white family that was allowed to go into Dillards knew the manager or other people that worked in the store. They may have even been relatives of someone working in the store and were meeting up at closing time. Maybe it was racism; however, there are other possibilities.
Sure…

All of the cops in Bellaire decided on their own to just arrest dark skinned people one day.

The media and entertainment industry could end "racism" tomorrow if they wanted to by simply being honest. The problem is they would destroy thousands of do nothing jobs filled by otherwise useless or even malevolent people in the race hustler industry, as well as public and private human resource offices across the country. These "EEO" managers and staff are generally liberals that hate straight white Christian males. They have these "jobs" in order to abuse authority and not really do anything productive for a pay check.

"Race" is a bullshit concept. There is one human race. There are lots of ethnic and tribal groups, nationalities and other ways people are divided as it is. People divide each other by loyalty to regions, states and even sports teams for God's sake. Those who are hell bent on keeping "race" as a factor of division however are seeking to do so for nefarious objectives.

The media and entertainment industry could end "racism" tomorrow if they wanted to by simply being honest. The problem is they would destroy thousands of do nothing jobs filled by otherwise useless or even malevolent people in the race hustler industry, as well as public and private human resource offices across the country. These "EEO" managers and staff are generally liberals that hate straight white Christian males. They have these "jobs" in order to abuse authority and not really do anything productive for a pay check.

"Race" is a bullshit concept. There is one human race. There are lots of ethnic and tribal groups, nationalities and other ways people are divided as it is. People divide each other by loyalty to regions, states and even sports teams for God's sake. Those who are hell bent on keeping "race" as a factor of division however are seeking to do so for nefarious objectives.
I'm with you 100%! :yes_text12:

In order to watch a professional American Football game (and to persist in being a devout racist) you’d have to be a member of the Black Panther Party or the KKK. The way the players of each team work together to produce that level of competence is astounding … and skin colour ain’t got nuthin’ to do with it. I reckon that after a day of spectating many racists have returned home ‘colour blind’.

So, forget about indoctrination and shock treatment - just give everyone the opportunity to enjoy a good football game and let nature take its course. :adoreheart:

"Racism" would disappear tomorrow if African Americans and Hispanics could lower the proportion of their violent members to at least the same proportion that exists among Caucasians.

And, of course, if Caucasians and African Americans and Hispanics could lower the proportion of their violent members to the same proportion that exists among Asians, then this country would be a paradise of peace.

"Racism" would disappear tomorrow if African Americans and Hispanics could lower the proportion of their violent members to at least the same proportion that exists among Caucasians.

And, of course, if Caucasians and African Americans and Hispanics could lower the proportion of their violent members to the same proportion that exists among Asians, then this country would be a paradise of peace.
That makes no sense.

There was no option for me on that list

Racism has more/less been eliminated. You cannot eliminate it from the hearts/minds of all people.. impossible. But the left are always trying to do impossible things.. They do not live in reality

There was no option for me on that list

Racism has more/less been eliminated. You cannot eliminate it from the hearts/minds of all people.. impossible. But the left are always trying to do impossible things.. They do not live in reality
"Trying" to eliminate it is the first step. All I see is the opposite.

It is never going to be eradicated.
Correct
The smart move would be to define it and recognize it where it exists instead of the silly accusations and even more silly denials.
Okay.
Of course this would mean that majority populations would have to recognize their inherent advantages (aka white privilege)
There. Found it. You’re a fucking racist. Stop being racist, you racist shitbird.

My vote is for D.

Education. Force educators to promote tolerance, to promote America as a multicultural society.
Make the US more equal. Try and get rid of inner city ghettos, make education fairer, make education more inclusive to people with different skills and abilities. Change education so that it's aimed at giving people the jobs they'll need when they get out of school.

Increase sports and other after school programs. London saw a massive drop in crime around the time of the London Olympics in 2012 because of the sport programs.

All of this will need a change in the electoral system so the politicians feel they have to do what's best for the voters, rather than what's best for those people who are feeding them dollars. That system is Proportional Representation.

....... majority populations would have to recognize their inherent advantages (aka white privilege) but, so far, most don't want to recognize such a thing exists.
There. Found it. You’re a fucking racist. Stop being racist, you racist shitbird.
Yes, and it's the kind that can't be fixed because he's not willing to recognise it.

Forum List

Back