What is so wrong about being anti-government?

What a few idiots do has never been of any worth to me.
Save for when those few idiots happen to be supporting your opponents.

Some of us know how to seperate the two.

And most of the time the extremists don't support any leader from either party. They are TRULY anti government.

To be anti government vs anti big government is misanthropic for government is what humankind gets when it leaves the caves and progresses a generation or two from swinging in the trees.

sad thing is some people here and elsewhere seem to be only one generation away from swinging in the trees. small gene pools? who knows?

And most of the time the extremists don't support any leader from either party. They are TRULY anti government.
Maybe I'm an extremist? I'm fed up with the leadership of both parties.

I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.
I haven't seen anyone say you can't, or shouldn't, be anti-government.

How about a few links.

People say such things all the time. Argue the issue and not some silly little gotcha game where you can score stupid points. You know exactly what they mean. Or have yopu become one of them people who are around computers so often you are thinking like one...GIGO? If you have, you are stuck with what the program allows and no more.

Parameters of code = stupid people.

So you are not fed up with the party structure or the parties themselves, only with the party leadership(s)?

To be anti government vs anti big government is misanthropic for government is what humankind gets when it leaves the caves and progresses a generation or two from swinging in the trees.
Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.

sad thing is some people here and elsewhere seem to be only one generation away from swinging in the trees. small gene pools? who knows?
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

-George Orwell

I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.

How about a few links.

People say such things all the time. Argue the issue and not some silly little gotcha game where you can score stupid points. You know exactly what they mean. Or have yopu become one of them people who are around computers so often you are thinking like one...GIGO? If you have, you are stuck with what the program allows and no more.

:rolleyes:

Unless someone is an anarchist, they are not anti-government.

hefails is claiming something that is simply not true.

Save for when those few idiots happen to be supporting your opponents.

Is this the purpose of government? Is it to civilize us? I always thought that human morality did that. This usually sprung from people's own religions that they create for themselves. Apparently some people think that it is the state that assumes the role of what morality does which is to apply restraints on our behavior. Right and wrong then becomes decided by the legislative process rather than by our own conscience shaped by our freely chosen religion.

You may think the state should play this role in society and perhaps you will have an equal outcome in terms of the creation of a moral code but I prefer the more privatized version because it actually allows me the freedom to choose my own conscience. I can't see how anyone claiming to be liberal would be opposed to any aspect of freedom over this very intimate realm of humanity.

In fact, the more I think about it, the state has no right to decide this aspect of my humanity other than myself.

Last edited:

How about a few links.

I'm not claiming anarchy.

So everything the left says about you is true?
You are just making yourself look like a partisan hack.

No it means I have not seen a genuine liberal in many many years. In fact, the people who call themselves liberals now are not liberals but communist who falsely believe they are the heirs to American liberalism.

You wouldn't know a communist, if they hit you in the face. YOu know why I know this?
Because you think Obama is a communist.

I hang me head in shame that a member of my species can be so stupid.

Each generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
Maybe so, but what I argue has nothing to do with perceptions. What I argue is that without government there is no society.
:eusa_whistle:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.

-George Orwell
Orwell, had a dystopian vision of the world and humankind, and he may have been on to something, but history so far has proven him in error on much. People like him are to me,a bit Ayn Randish in much of their outlook and reasoning: Stuck with a worldview shaped during turbulent and traumatic times. Stuck looking at the world through a prism distorted by his/her past.

I am talking about people like Randy Weaver, Timothy McVeigh type people. To me a guy living up in his cabin on some mountain in Idaho is an extremist.

How about a few links.

code/logic, is not language. One van be anti government and not be an anarchist.

you are narrowing an argument down to a level where there is no nuance or understanding, only a coded parameter.

If you are looking to define the differences in what you are both saying, say so. Maybe you both use the term differently? But you going in arguing for a narrow definition of a phrase that may make you correct on the exact (or single instance of) meaning of the phrase, but in error when it comes to the nuanced meaning of the term/phrase.

Debate and argument/claims are not similar to programming languages. Debate and argument/claims are not facts or agreed upon statements.

Is this the purpose of government? Is it to civilize us?
nope, and I didn't say it was. I clearly said we form governments in order for society to strive/survive.

I always thought that human morality did that. This usually sprung from people's own religions that they create for themselves.
Human morality can and does exist away from religion or faith. Before man knew god there had to be a code of conduct or else life would have stayed a man eat man world (that Randian nonsense about selfishness as a virtue?) where society was prevented from ever getting a foothold in the imagination and gene structure of human brains.

Apparently some people think that it is the state that assumes the role of what morality does which is to apply restraints on our behavior. Right and wrong then becomes decided by the legislative process rather than by our own conscience shaped by our freely chosen religion.
My conscience has nothing whatsoever to do with religion; yours, mine or society's. I don't know of anyone who assumes what you claim. Morality does not place restraints on people, people place restraints on their moral behavior.

You may think the state should play this role in society and perhaps you will have an equal outcome in terms of the creation of a moral code but I prefer the more privatized version because it actually allows me the freedom to choose my own conscience. I can't see how anyone claiming to be liberal would be opposed to any aspect of freedom over this very intimate realm of humanity.

your claim on what I think is not only bogus, but a reason you come across as a lunatic. sorry, my conscience dictates I clue you in on this.

In fact, the more I think about it, the state has no right to decide this aspect of my humanity other than myself.

what aspect of you humanity? what in the world are you talking about? your humanity is not in question, your sanity is.

Last edited:
The most anti-government people in US history are the current Congress and POTUS, who consistantly ignore the will of teh American people to support a pet agenda that is bankrupting us.

If you support Barry, YOU are indeed 'anti-government' as in the kind of government spelled out in the US constitution.

There's nothing wrong with being anti-government. But how many people here are actually anti-government, and not just anti-democratic or anti-republican government?

The most anti-government people in US history are the current Congress and POTUS, who consistantly ignore the will of teh American people to support a pet agenda that is bankrupting us.

If you support Barry, YOU are indeed 'anti-government' as in the kind of government spelled out in the US constitution.

:cuckoo:

There's nothing wrong with being anti-government. But how many people here are actually anti-government, and not just anti-democratic or anti-republican government?

To be anti-government is to be anti-society. Anti Big government is a different issue. I already went over the distinction.

Well since government has been the greatest threat to the well-being, freedom, and prosperity of society in the history of mankind, I think we can accurately say being anti-government is being pro-society.

Forum List

Back