What is so wrong about being anti-government?

So when people say they are anti government, they probably mean they are anti-this government we have today.

And as the Bush Administration and Republican Congress showed, they are most definitely Big Government.

Which is why those rushing to reelect the GOP is hilarious and sad.

Except the majority of people who call themselves Anti-Government are not actually Anti-Government. They're just for the type of large Government they want and not the opposition's kind.

So in reality, they're just hypocrites who use the flag of "Anti-Government, Pro America" to try and further their agenda.

This I agree with. Most are in fear of government being intrusive in their private lives such as sugary soda taxes to curb drinking of sugary sodas, these "SIN" taxes and of course the flavor of the day, healthcare. You are right, most I speak with and myself included are not anti government but more or less, anti intrusive government. A government that does not make things difficult on private businesses, a government that makes cuts when the going gets tough rather than seeking out new ways to strip money from its public. A government that is not made up of a good ole boys club where they stick together solely to keep their cushy jobs.

So many on this board say that most here that do not claim a party are closet republicans. This is far from the truth, I am a true independent who has not seen a politician I liked in over 12 years. One party seems to try and curb the anger of the masses with giveaways and the other speaks of economic freedoms for middle class while giving HUGE corporations an express lane to rape the masses and both parties gave our jobs away over seas.

Wherever the big buck is, that's where the parties huddle.

So when people say they are anti government, they probably mean they are anti-this government we have today.

I saw your deleted post. ;)

I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.

Liberalism and government have always been at odds. That is another post...

Big government comes with modern times and growth of population. We are no longer an island separated by a time frame where we can exist in a vacuum, if we ever were. We are no longer an agrarian society struggling against industrialization. The industrial revolution came and went and conservatives and their spawn just want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend we can live back in 'the good old days' of child labor, slavery, high mortality rates on labor jobs, business with little to no regulation.

The reasons we have a big government now vs what we had at any given time in our history, has rationale and reasoning behind it. One may disagree with the rationale and reasoning, and one may argue against why certain government reaches continue on, but there is no denying things were not too good back in 'the good old days' without arguing the rationale and reasoning for the changes in government.

everything must be argued in a context that includes the how, why, when and where of how we got to where we are today.

Ronald Reagan stated "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem" and I've always stated he was wrong. When Reagan needed to get anything done he did it with the power of government. The government grew under Reagan as it does with most ambitious administrations or Congresses.

I do believe bad government is the problem. I do not believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I do believe in going with emotions over reason when it comes to social policies. I do not believe a society that is anti government can last very long, for it is government itself which people have set up in order for societies to flourish.

that's only part of the short answer :lol:

Last edited:

And as the Bush Administration and Republican Congress showed, they are most definitely Big Government.

Which is why those rushing to reelect the GOP is hilarious and sad.

It's really lack of choice and to be honest, the gap between the 2 parties right now seems to be narrowing.

It's really lack of choice and to be honest, the gap between the 2 parties right now seems to be narrowing.

There are such things as third parties. However, as we see with even the tea parties with the election of Scott Brown, principle goes out the window with an opportunity to win.

Instead of voting for the true Libertarian candidate in that election, they voted for Scott Brown.

The President's opponents demonized him since day one. Funny thing is I never heard President Obama demonize his opposition. Same went with W, for the most part. :eusa_whistle:

and I'm not talking about idiots on anonymous internet message board. I'm talking about media and politicians and others with power.
Boo-hoo

thank you for such an insightful contribution.

you rock man, you really do.

:doubt:

Being anti-Government is only a good thing when the leftist and Democrat are doing it against a Republican administration.

bushhitler2.jpg

condi-hands.jpg

649700468_aaf455f4a1_o-1.jpg

topless2.jpg

YOu should learn the difference between anti war and anti government. :D

or anti President/Administration and anti government.

gawd, some people here can test the patience of a saint.

There are such things as third parties. However, as we see with even the tea parties with the election of Scott Brown, principle goes out the window with an opportunity to win.

Instead of voting for the true Libertarian candidate in that election, they voted for Scott Brown.

I laugh when tea baggers say they are not republican, especially when at every rally they have a republican senator, rep, or former governor speak. And the simple fact they love Bachman so much makes me not take them seriously. Anyone who wanted a investigation into who was anti american in congress, is dangerous in my opinion.

So calling Obama or libs marxists, communists, Hitler, un patriotic, unAmerican, God haters, baby killers, etc, etc, is not demonizing the opposition?:cuckoo:

Pot meet kettle!

That happens to be the truth.

So everything the left says about you is true?
You are just making yourself look like a partisan hack.

No it means I have not seen a genuine liberal in many many years. In fact, the people who call themselves liberals now are not liberals but communist who falsely believe they are the heirs to American liberalism.

Being anti-Government is only a good thing when the leftist and Democrat are doing it against a Republican administration.

bushhitler2.jpg

condi-hands.jpg

topless2.jpg

And I wouldn't say I was anti Bush either, I just didn't like him. I don't think I could ever be truly anit President no matter who they are. I might think about it if Palin is ever elected, but I would just do what I did during the Bush years, ignore politics for safety reasons. :D

bushhitler2.jpg

condi-hands.jpg

topless2.jpg

Usually those were followed up with death to American soldiers or wishing they come back in a body bag.

That happens to be the truth.

So everything the left says about you is true?
You are just making yourself look like a partisan hack.

No it means I have not seen a genuine liberal in many many years. In fact, the people who call themselves liberals now are not liberals but communist who falsely believe they are the heirs to American liberalism.

You wouldn't know a communist, if they hit you in the face. YOu know why I know this?
Because you think Obama is a communist.

I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.
I haven't seen anyone say you can't, or shouldn't, be anti-government.

How about a few links.

Those must be compliments when the left calls us "anti-government". It was a misunderstanding on my part.

Liberalism and government have always been at odds. That is another post...

Big government comes with modern times and growth of population. We are no longer an island separated by a time frame where we can exist in a vacuum, if we ever were. We are no longer an agrarian society struggling against industrialization. The industrial revolution came and went and conservatives and their spawn just want to stick their heads in the sand and pretend we can live back in 'the good old days' of child labor, slavery, high mortality rates on labor jobs, business with little to no regulation.

The reasons we have a big government now vs what we had at any given time in our history, has rationale and reasoning behind it. One may disagree with the rationale and reasoning, and one may argue against why certain government reaches continue on, but there is no denying things were not too good back in 'the good old days' without arguing the rationale and reasoning for the changes in government.

everything must be argued in a context that includes the how, why, when and where of how we got to where we are today.

Ronald Reagan stated "Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem" and I've always stated he was wrong. When Reagan needed to get anything done he did it with the power of government. The government grew under Reagan as it does with most ambitious administrations or Congresses.

I do believe bad government is the problem. I do not believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I do believe in going with emotions over reason when it comes to social policies. I do not believe a society that is anti government can last very long, for it is government itself which people have set up in order for societies to flourish.

that's only part of the short answer :lol:

Liberalism has been at odds with government since day one. Think: civil liberties.

When it comes to progressive legislation or economic policy people often throw around the terms liberal and conservative as an adjective and then transpose that term onto individuals as a noun.

A conservative can be for a more liberal tax policy than many of his or her conservative colleague ad still be considered a conservative.

A liberal can take a more conservative approach to a law enforcement issue than many of their colleagues and still be considered a liberal.

Big government is a phrase that gets thrown around a lot. Many people are anti big government, but not anti government.

nuance of language, and contextual frameworks for what one is arguing for or against is needed, or else you just spam one another on the internet(s).

Usually those were followed up with death to American soldiers or wishing they come back in a body bag.

And now you doing exactly what you were complaining about in the OP, you are lumping a a very small group of people in with the rest of us. :cuckoo:
Seriously, you need to get a fucking clue, and until you do stop bitching about something you do yourself.

What a few idiots do has never been of any worth to me. I do not have advertising space to sll on a radio or television program.

Code Pink was as anti Democrat as it was anti GOP. It had a special place in it's warped collective brain for Bush, but WTF,...he was the President.

How about a few links.

Those must be compliments when the left calls us "anti-government". It was a misunderstanding on my part.

I see you can't provide links! :lol:

You really should stop now, you are only making yourself look bad.

How about a few links.

So no links? Why am I not surprised.

Forum List

Back