What is lifting Trumps eo on Iran accomplish

.... You'd be at war with Iran right now if not for the sanity and forebearance of the Ayatollahs. ......

:lmao:

You mean if not for the fact that we would utterly annihilate that entire country if we decided to, and the theocratic sand fleas who have been holding the people of Iran hostage for so long damn well know it.
Yeah. I'm not buying that load of bullshit.

What are you not buying?

It's a chess game.
A chess game with real bullets

do suppose any big brain chess player prior to WWI correctly named the day and circumstance that touched off that conflict?

did a shudder run down the spine of a farmer in America because he knew his son would someday die in france?

.... You'd be at war with Iran right now if not for the sanity and forebearance of the Ayatollahs. ......

You mean if not for the fact that we would utterly annihilate that entire country if we decided to, and the theocratic sand fleas who have been holding the people of Iran hostage for so long damn well know it.

What are you not buying?

That we would be at war with Iran right now.

For those of you that continue to believe that the deal was so hunky dory under Obama, you may be suffering from collective amnesia.

So much for that big stick, hey? No effort. None.

It's a chess game.
A chess game with real bullets

do suppose any big brain chess player prior to WWI correctly named the day and circumstance that touched off that conflict?

did a shudder run down the spine of a farmer in America because he knew his son would someday die in france?

Sure between Great Britain and Russia. The Great Game. They would have already been familiar with coming out on the losing end.

Sure between Great Britain and Russia. The Great Game. They would have already been familiar with coming out on the losing end.
I am only worried about the Great Game involving Russia and Iran now

appeasement of Iran by the western powers will inevitably lead to the war they are trying to avoid

I don't think the Iranians are ever going to be able to project power out of the middle east. There aren't that many of them
Iran can be the fuse that ignites the entire world.

If they go nuke then the Gulf arab states go nuke

then a huge chunk of the world’s oil supply is at risk

If you're concerned about nuclear proliferation...Which is rational

We should not have ripped up that deal

Just like we should not have done anything in Libya after Ghadaffi gave up his nukes.

Without wiping iran off the map the likelihood we can stop them from arming themselves with nukes is very low.

Trump's policy int he middle east was not America first he put the traitor Jared in charge. And he had no concern for nuclear proliferation next to Israeli and Saudi concerns about Iranian money.

Ya, cutting off your nose to spite your face will make america safe
11 Iranians were caught last month trying to cross the border.
They shoulda drove drunk across.
It's pretty simple, you know the ol saying... Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The Iran deal gets us back in the game of at least having a part in oversight and intel about whats going on over there... What harm do you see in it?

Do you really see no downside in lifting sanctions on the number one terrorist regime in the world?
That depends... Which sanctions is Biden wanting to lift?

Lifting any of them wouldn’t be smart
Haha.. I almost wrote the prediction that you would say that... Does that mean you don't know what sanctions are in place and which ones Biden would be lifting to rejoin the deal? Don't you think those are good details to know if you are going to weigh in on the subject?

yeah I mean I don’t think it’s rocket science. The only deal we should give Iran is cut all the bullshit and we won’t turn you into a parking lot. Until they change their behavior (which they haven’t) we should do our best to put as much pressure on you economically.
I think that is a horrible strategy. All it does it inflame tensions. Iran has shown that they don't cave to that kind of pressure so whats the point? The best way to actually get results is to be part of an international alliance with our allies to keep an eye on and maintain relations with Iran. There is give and take with working relations. There is nothing with the pressure and threat campaign except for motivating them to push back.

Trump’s strategy led to less violence. It’s a proven strategy. Obama’ s strategy directly led to more Iranian aggression.

The idea that Iran can be bribed into giving up their ambitions in get nuclear weapons is silly. Furthermore even if they weren‘t interestEd in nuclear weapons their behavior justifies sanctions.
Totally different times you can’t say Trump scrapping the deal led to less violence. Whose saying they should be bribed or that all sanctions should be lifted?? Nobody

We shoudl not have ripped up that deal
That deal was a guarantee that iran world have nukes

but just not until after obama left office

They're guaranteed to have nukes now bud

Only way they weren't was if we paid them not to.

No sane nation doesn't want nukes after what happened in Libya.

If you don't want people to arm themselves with nukes you have to play world police and show these nations we will protect them. Without that they'll get nukes.

Your view of this topic is ridiculously shallow, although i think the general strategical goal is correct that nuclear proliferation is bad.

What your suggesting will have the opposite effect you think it will

I am only worried about the Great Game involving Russia and Iran now

appeasement of Iran by the western powers will inevitably lead to the war they are trying to avoid
I agree.

Trump did nothing.
Trump did something

rather than looking the other way he called out the irans and put pressure on their economy

he even blew up on of their terrorist generals

We've put sanctions on many with absolutely no difference made. It really affected Castro didn't it? The only people who suffer with sanctions is those who already have nothing.

What are you not buying?

That we would be at war with Iran right now.

Oh, of course not.

It's pretty simple, you know the ol saying... Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. The Iran deal gets us back in the game of at least having a part in oversight and intel about whats going on over there... What harm do you see in it?

Do you really see no downside in lifting sanctions on the number one terrorist regime in the world?

Haha.. I almost wrote the prediction that you would say that... Does that mean you don't know what sanctions are in place and which ones Biden would be lifting to rejoin the deal? Don't you think those are good details to know if you are going to weigh in on the subject?

yeah I mean I don’t think it’s rocket science. The only deal we should give Iran is cut all the bullshit and we won’t turn you into a parking lot. Until they change their behavior (which they haven’t) we should do our best to put as much pressure on you economically.
I think that is a horrible strategy. All it does it inflame tensions. Iran has shown that they don't cave to that kind of pressure so whats the point? The best way to actually get results is to be part of an international alliance with our allies to keep an eye on and maintain relations with Iran. There is give and take with working relations. There is nothing with the pressure and threat campaign except for motivating them to push back.

Trump’s strategy led to less violence. It’s a proven strategy. Obama’ s strategy directly led to more Iranian aggression.

The idea that Iran can be bribed into giving up their ambitions in get nuclear weapons is silly. Furthermore even if they weren‘t interestEd in nuclear weapons their behavior justifies sanctions.
Totally different times you can’t say Trump scrapping the deal led to less violence. Whose saying they should be bribed or that all sanctions should be lifted?? Nobody

Never give terrorists an inch.

Obama was the only president that would have signed off on the deal he did, in which he admitted would lead to terrorism. And now you want to walk us back to the appeasement strategy. No thanks.

Obama was the only president that would have signed off on the deal he did, in which he admitted would lead to terrorism. And now you want to walk us back to the appeasement strategy. No thanks.

yea never give the israelis an inc they'll take a mile like they did with Trump

Jews are the original modern suicide bombers

Also have some of the first suicide attacks on record in ancient history. Impressive

Obama was not the only president to sign the deal... China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and Germany did as well. They are all actually still in it.
It’s not appeasement, it is strategic oversite along with the other word superpowers.

Obama was not the only president to sign the deal... China, France, Russia, United Kingdom, and Germany did as well. They are all actually still in it.
It’s not appeasement, it is strategic oversite along with the other word superpowers.

We abandoned our interests and our allies on a naive preconception. The Europeans wanted Iranian oil and don’t like Israel very much.

Yeah you know what I meant. Obama is the only US president that would have done that piece of business.

Now Joe Biden has been proven to have horrible, not just bad, but horrible, foreign policy instincts. Let’s see what happens here.

We abandoned our interests and our allies on a naive preconception. The Europeans wanted Iranian oil and don’t like Israel very much.

Yeah you know what I meant. Obama is the only US president that would have done that piece of business.

Now Joe Biden has been proven to have horrible, not just bad, but horrible, foreign policy instincts. Let’s see what happens here.
We are stronger with a seat at the table than picketing outside the building. We used to sit at the head of the table along with allies, now thanks to Trump our position is greatly weakened.

Forum List

Back