What is going to happen to the Republican party when Trump is no longer President?

ElmerMudd

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2009
Northwest
What is going to happen to the Republican party when Trump is no longer President, whether that is 2020 or 2024?
Trump does not represent an ideology. He is a personality.You cannot replace the personality. His irreverence, lack of ethics, lack of morality make him what he is. Because of those traits he will do things most people will not.His supporters love it. That why the Republican party is the party of Trump. They can no longer be considered conservative across the board.
What will be next for the Republican party?

What is going to happen to the Republican party when Trump is no longer President, whether that is 2020 or 2024?
Trump does not represent an ideology. He is a personality.You cannot replace the personality. His irreverence, lack of ethics, lack of morality make him what he is. Because of those traits he will do things most people will not.His supporters love it. That why the Republican party is the party of Trump. They can no longer be considered conservative across the board.

Good question, what's the next logical step for the Republicans after President Trump...

Nominate Darth Vader for the Presidency?

Good question, what's the next logical step for the Republicans after President Trump...

they can do what the democrats have been doing,..... just find another bottom of the barrel person to run.....

they can do what the democrats have been doing,..... just find another bottom of the barrel person to run.....
Republicans went to the very bottom of the barrel in 2016 but it worked out pretty well.

Populism is what Trump ran on, and he had the energy to beat Hillary with it.
We wanted someone to "drain the swamp" of establishment shills who were owned by wall street.
Trump is bringing back jobs and factories, remember what Obama said about factory jobs?

It will THRIVE, Mr. Fudd. After Trump is re-elected this November, I don't see the Dim Dems having a chance at the White House until at least 2030. They've pretty much destroyed their party and if it isn't overhauled completely, it could die a slow death.

It will THRIVE, Mr. Fudd. After Trump is re-elected this November, I don't see the Dim Dems having a chance at the White House until at least 2030. They've pretty much destroyed their party and if it isn't overhauled completely, it could die a slow death.
2030? Snicker! Typical clueless Trumpkin. :laugh2:

The Republican party will continue as it has before - weak-kneed but united. What should be of more concern to you is the Democrat party as it's being ripped apart by "woke, progressive" leftists. If any party is going to fracture, it's going to be the them - and if/when it happens their chances of winning national elections will plummet.

We wanted someone to "drain the swamp" of establishment shills who were owned by wall street.
Trump is bringing back jobs and factories, remember what Obama said about factory jobs?

Trump has blown up Washington and drained the swamp. In my opinion he has filled the swamp with more corrupt people. Washington has been blown up and now it has to be put back together. Trump is much better and blowing up things than putting them together.
Trump is not building a system that goes on after him. Trump's system is all about him.
Trump is ruthless. He does things most people would not do. I do not like the majority of what he does but for those who like what he does, it will be hard to find a replacement

What difference does it make?

What difference can your question matter when the premise, that Trump has no ethics, no morality, is false to begin with? If you trollops just had enough introspection to look at your own hypocrisy, strident partisanship and anti-American agenda which brought Trump to the fore in the first place, you'd realize that when you try to bash Trump, you are really only making a statement about yourselves.

Trump has blown up Washington and drained the swamp. In my opinion he has filled the swamp with more corrupt people. Washington has been blown up and now it has to be put back together. Trump is much better and blowing up things than putting them together.
Trump is not building a system that goes on after him. Trump's system is all about him.
Trump is ruthless. He does things most people would not do. I do not like the majority of what he does but for those who like what he does, it will be hard to find a replacement

Here's the whole Trump thing in a nutshell. Trump is not a Republican. He never was nor was he ever a politician. Trump saw politics as the disease this nation had and sought to effect a cure. Is he egotistical, you bet he is but on the other hand he isn't bragging about things he hasn't accomplished so I can deal with that. I can deal with that better than the mealy mouthed assholes with their shit hooks in my pocket leeching off of this nation life blood. If Trump is doing anything to the republican party he's improving it, at least partially by ridding it of all the snakes it was infested with and returning it to the American people.

This is a question the Democrats should have asked themselves after Obama was gone. The expected Presidential reign of Hillary Clinton did not go as planned and look where they are now. Republicans should think seriously about after Trump the Democrats didn’t after Obama and we see how that worked out for them.

The bench is deep. I'd go Ben Carson in a heartbeat. Not a swamp creature, smart, cares about the country.

Carson 2024
Ivanka 2032

I don't trust Pence and the other political lifers. I don't think Trump Jr has the charisma.

They'll need to find themselves again, convince the American voter that they are not the cowards who abandoned all they were out of fear of retaliation from Trump's base. That could take a while...

The push will be to capture his policy ideas, more libertarian in nature, moving way from the Neo-Con ideology, having a more extroverted leader.

If he wins re-election, 4 years is a long time to find the right person. Surely Trump will be involved in some way, he loves the action and would probably campaign with them. His legacy could go beyond 8 years, which should be a boon to Western interests at the expense of Communist Chinas rise.

I can tell you who will NEVER be President ...

hillary-crying-reuters-640x480.jpg

2030? Snicker! Typical clueless Trumpkin. :laugh2:
He-he, what a brainless, loser liberal lunatic THIS one is! I.Q. MAYBE 70, but that's probably a high estimate. It must be horrific to be as dumb as this one obviously is. Very sad.

Forum List

Back